Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
Looks like Cutler is out.

Quote:
@ESPNNFL: Bears announce that Jason Campbell will start at QB in place of Jay Cutler Monday Night at San Francisco -- #MNF

Bummer deal. I was looking forward to him being on the field. It would have likely been a much better game.

Don't want to say this is good news, but it's definitely for the best that Cutler sits this one out. Playing against that d this Monday night, I think Cutler would be more worried about protecting his health than trying to lead his team to a W.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think of this just yet.. Campbell looked janky at quarterback Sunday night.. hopefully he can gain some confidence (other than twitter) and manage a game!

I Miss Kyle Orton
TD: 7
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not concern if Cutler plays. he has had a bad year so far, he isnt anything special at all - yeah he might be the best qb we have had in a long time but the guy throws way too many picks - I would guess that we would be close to the same record without him and Campbell as the QB.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler is one tough dude, I could tell right away he was out of it after that hit, his eyes were so clouded. After hearing what Tim Dobbins had to say after the game, I truly hope the career backup has a season ending injury on Sunday. And Ive NEVER wished such a thing on a player. That guy is a straight scumbag! But thinking for the future, this is a good move. I really think we win the North, more than likely it'll come down to week 15 when we play the Packers.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Cutler is one tough dude, I could tell right away he was out of it after that hit, his eyes were so clouded. After hearing what Tim Dobbins had to say after the game, I truly hope the career backup has a season ending injury on Sunday. And Ive NEVER wished such a thing on a player. That guy is a straight scumbag! But thinking for the future, this is a good move. I really think we win the North, more than likely it'll come down to week 15 when we play the Packers.

Lol, "He ran into me!" What a BS statement. Laughing

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cutler decision is the best decision we could make. It is not worth the risk in a 50/50 game when he is 100%.

We probably lose to the 49ers, but we get him back against the Vikings and Packers which are games we must win.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope it's only one game we miss him this year as opposed to last year. I do think we'll lose this one now with no Cutler (probably would have lost with him too) but still confident we'll get to the play-offs. You'd like to think even 10-6 would get you to the post-season.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
I am not concern if Cutler plays. he has had a bad year so far, he isnt anything special at all - yeah he might be the best qb we have had in a long time but the guy throws way too many picks - I would guess that we would be close to the same record without him and Campbell as the QB.
Similar career #s to Eli Mannning, but he's not special at all, let the hate flow thru you.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Quote:
“No,’’ said Dobbins, who says he doesn’t think he should be fined for the hit. “I felt like it was on time.’’

Do you think your hit was what gave Cutler the concussion?

“I have no idea,’’ he said. “No clue. But it was good that he was out, though. You always want to take the quarterback out of the game.’’

I really only see one way that statement can be interpreted... It's just ridiculous. He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The Cutler decision is the best decision we could make. It is not worth the risk in a 50/50 game when he is 100%.

We probably lose to the 49ers, but we get him back against the Vikings and Packers which are games we must win.

Doesnt seem that Cutler being out is a coaching decision. I don't believe the doctors have cleared him yet, and if not it is out of the coaching staff's hands all together.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who it was saying the Bears are 10-1 on MNF, but the Bears Facebook says otherwise.

IN CASE YOU'RE KEEPING SCORE - The Bears are 9-2 on Monday Night Football in nine seasons under head coach Lovie Smith. In the decade prior to Smith’s tenure, the Bears were 4-9.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Quote:
“No,’’ said Dobbins, who says he doesn’t think he should be fined for the hit. “I felt like it was on time.’’

Do you think your hit was what gave Cutler the concussion?

“I have no idea,’’ he said. “No clue. But it was good that he was out, though. You always want to take the quarterback out of the game.’’

I really only see one way that statement can be interpreted... It's just ridiculous. He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself.

He's 100% right, though.

Beast
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.

As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.

Even with the inconsistency of the offence I see both games against Minnesota as bankers…we will beat Arizona & Detroit at the end of the year…that leaves games against Seattle who are in the same situation as us with a great D but consistency issues on offence and I would take Cutler over Wilson every time and a game against GB…where you can always throw the form book out the window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: