Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Spikes a dirty player" Bills Fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

anyways, all I can say is Karma.

Karma, like leprechauns and unicorns, isn't real.

Citing it as any sort of argument instantly makes you incorrect.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Here is a video of him throwing a hissy fit after his helmet hits one of his teammates.

http://youtu.be/mt-RTym0bls
Do you watch football? Have you ever seen a wide receiver not beg for a flag after an incomplete pass? How many times have you seen a quarterback go up to a ref after an incompletion arguing for pass interference? Stop acting like this is something exclusive to Brady, because it's not.

But it was one of your Patriot followers that made it seem like it was only Fitz who has ever done this..

Find that quote from me and I will never come on this site again...please find where i said "Fitz is the only QB who complains about refs".

It's okay....I'll wait.

Adopt-a-Patriot:

Alfonzo "The Drunken Master" Dennard[/size]
Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I wont say anything about Spikes in this thread, but I want to ask the entire Pats forum ...

What would you guys have done/said. If say Bills MLB Kelvin Sheppard put that exact same hit on Brady?

Nothing. It wasn't a bad play, stop being a baby. Do you cry every time a Bill gets facemasked? Because its the same thing.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I wont say anything about Spikes in this thread, but I want to ask the entire Pats forum ...

What would you guys have done/said. If say Bills MLB Kelvin Sheppard put that exact same hit on Brady?

Nothing. It wasn't a bad play, stop being a baby. Do you cry every time a Bill gets facemasked? Because its the same thing.
C'mon man thats all you got. Calling me a "baby"? Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Well when you put it like that, theres a reason people hate the Patriots. But I'm sure you can find unbiased posters on this site. I mean hell theres over 60,000 posters on this site theres gotta be a few non pats fans who are unbiased towards Brady
Because the Patriots have been better than most other teams for 10 years? Laughing

TommyC376 wrote:
Yeah he woulda just threw a hissy fit in front of the refs.
Which is worse - complaining to the refs during a game, or going out of your way in a post game interview to complain about players on the other team?

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Well when you put it like that, theres a reason people hate the Patriots. But I'm sure you can find unbiased posters on this site. I mean hell theres over 60,000 posters on this site theres gotta be a few non pats fans who are unbiased towards Brady
Because the Patriots have been better than most other teams for 10 years? Laughing

TommyC376 wrote:
Which is worse - complaining to the refs during a game, or going out of your way in a post game interview to complain about players on the other team?
Sam, he didnt go out of his way. A Buffalo reporter asked him about the hit and Spikes, so he responded.

That being said, I think we can thank that awful reporter for the whizzing match we are all in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Calling it like I see it. Why does everything have to be dirty? It's not enough you got the 15 on the play?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Uhh, yeah lol they have been great for over 10 years.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
But it was one of your Patriot followers that made it seem like it was only Fitz who has ever done this..

That's not even close to what he said. He said Brady wouldn't have complained about it in his post game conference, which is true.

You mean like Fitz and every other QB does after a hit like that?

It's a QBs league....they are over protected to an almost nauseating point. If you can find me a QB that doesn't complain to the refs after any type of helmet to helmet contact is made in todays NFL than they will officially become my new favorite player.

Adopt-a-Patriot:

TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Calling it like I see it. Why does everything have to be dirty? It's not enough you got the 15 on the play?
Classy bro. I never said everything has to be dirty, but the hit on Fitz was. He hit him high and drove him into the ground. The hit on Jackson wasn't dirty at all it was a solid legal hit that forced a fumble. The only thing I didn't like about that play (besides the fumble) was Spikes flexing after Jackson was laying on the ground being looked at by his trainers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sam, he didnt go out of his way. A Buffalo reporter asked him about the hit and Spikes, so he responded.

That being said, I think we can thank that awful reporter for the whizzing match we are all in.
I still think it's unprofessional and immature. Brady's been put in near identical situations and he always responds with "He's a great player". This isn't something I have against Fitzpatrick, I thought the same thing about Aaron Rodgers after the 49ers game this year when he complained about the refs in his post game interview.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Spikes is a dirty player

Yes, that seemed to be an illegal hit (or close enough that it will be flagged on a regular basis regardless of who the QB or defensive player involved is)

No, that wasn't an especially bad hit. There are probably 5-10 similarly "dirty" hits across the league every week.

Yes, Tom Brady "whines" to refs at times. As do many QB's. Does Brady whine" more than average? Perhaps.

No, Tom Brady does not "whine" about every or most hits he takes

I don't understand why fans care so much about this kind of stuff. Who cares that Brady (or Manning or whoever) complains to the refs? Who cares about "dirty" plays other than the really egregious and dangerous ones (which this absolutely was not)?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Yes, that seemed to be an illegal hit (or close enough that it will be flagged on a regular basis regardless of who the QB or defensive player involved is)

No, that wasn't an especially bad hit. There are probably 5-10 similarly "dirty" hits across the league every week.

Yes, Tom Brady "whines" to refs at times. As do many QB's. Does Brady whine" more than average? Perhaps.

I don't understand why fans care so much about this kind of stuff. Who cares that Brady (or Manning or whoever) complains to the refs? Who cares about "dirty" plays other than the really egregious and dangerous ones (which this absolutely was not)?
Well said.

[/thread]
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Well said.

[/thread]

Wait...you agree with that?

I thought Brady was the Crosby of the NFL???

Still don't see how Spikes is a dirty player either...

Other than that one point....great post.

Adopt-a-Patriot:

Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Classy bro. I never said everything has to be dirty, but the hit on Fitz was. He hit him high and drove him into the ground. The hit on Jackson wasn't dirty at all it was a solid legal hit that forced a fumble. The only thing I didn't like about that play (besides the fumble) was Spikes flexing after Jackson was laying on the ground being looked at by his trainers.

He drove him into the ground? A) he didn't do that B) that's what a tackle is, bro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: