Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Spikes a dirty player" Bills Fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: "Spikes a dirty player" Bills Fans Reply with quote

It's been a few days since I've been able to get on FF but I took a stroll into the Bills forum to maybe talk about the game and I was surprised at the pure hatred for Spikes they are showing after Sunday's game.

They actually started their very own thread about how Spikes is one of the dirtiest players in the NFL.

While I could understand them being a little upset about the hit on Fitz, even though it wasn't half as bad as it looked when it happened in real time, I was surprised because they started attacking him for his hits on running backs, specifically the Fred Jackson hit in which he knocked him out.

Now I may be wrong here, but doesn't practically every LB headhunt a running back carrying the ball? I mean isn't it their job to lay huge hits on runners coming into their path? Literally every game I watch has dozens of instances where a LB puts his head/shoulder down and aims for the RBs head, which is completely legal.

Is it Spikes' problem that he simply is much better and more accurate with his big hits on players with the ball?

I was also curious because several Bills fans talked about Spikes being known as one of the dirtiest players in the NFL for several seasons now...I for one have never heard his name mentioned in a "dirty players" article or poll?

Is there any truth to this that I have simply been blind to?

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those ticky-tack helmet to helmet penalties need to go. If it's a dirty play fine the player. After all these concussions this week, can we really say the helmet to helmet rule is helping?

The Bills fans are just whining.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont say anything about Spikes in this thread, but I want to ask the entire Pats forum ...

What would you guys have done/said. If say Bills MLB Kelvin Sheppard put that exact same hit on Brady?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
I wont say anything about Spikes in this thread, but I want to ask the entire Pats forum ...

What would you guys have done/said. If say Bills MLB Kelvin Sheppard put that exact same hit on Brady?

I would have said thank you for the 15, because it was helmet to helmet, and then that's it.

Brady also wouldn't have cried about it in his post game interview like Fitz did.

I'm a huge fan of Fitz, coming out of harvard and all...but he acted like the hit was something to note, and it wasn't.

Did it deserve a penalty, under todays rules absolutely, was the hit bad at all...nope.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

I would have said thank you for the 15, because it was helmet to helmet, and then that's it.

Brady also wouldn't have cried about it in his post game interview like Fitz did.

I'm a huge fan of Fitz, coming out of harvard and all...but he acted like the hit was something to note, and it wasn't.

Did it deserve a penalty, under todays rules absolutely, was the hit bad at all...nope.
You're kidding me right. Brady is right up there with Sidney Crosby as one of the bigger whiners in sports. Don't believe me ask around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
You're kidding me right. Brady is right up there with Sidney Crosby as one of the bigger whiners in sports. Don't believe me ask around.
Alright, back it up. Find me one time Brady publicly complained about a hit after a game.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Alright, back it up. Find me one time Brady publicly complained about a hit after a game.
I cant and dont want to, but look at everytime he gets hit. He screams at the refs like they should call a penalty because he was hit.

Like I said, dont believe me ask around. Its not just Bills fans who see it.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Example please....

samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I'll never post on this forum again if he can find even one example. Brady is so polite it's almost sickening. After the Ravens game this year I really wanted him to complain about the refs, but he did the same old "we need to do a better job" routine.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
I cant and dont want to, but look at everytime he gets hit. He screams at the refs like they should call a penalty because he was hit.

Because that's so different than every other player in the NFL? And every time he gets hit? Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbHhqeyLnQ

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

So you just admitted that you CAN'T find an example of Brady whining yet you are saying they are soooo many examples of it...

gotcha Laughing

Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

Don't go moving the goalposts on us. You disagreed with the statement that Brady wouldn't have complained in his post game interview by saying that he complains a lot during games. Not the same.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32531903

Courtesy of Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata...

Quote:
In an interview with Dan Patrick that will appear in Sports Illustrated, Ngata was asked to name a quarterback he likes to hit.

"I love hitting Tom Brady because he always complains. He thinks he should never be touched," he said. Patrick then asked if the officials listen to Brady and throw the flag. "No," said Ngata. "My hits are usually clean."

While he may not complain about the refs during the post game. He complains alot after he is hit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Don't go moving the goalposts on us. You disagreed with the statement that Brady wouldn't have complained in his post game interview by saying that he complains a lot during games. Not the same.
Exactly where/when did I say he would have complained during the post game?

TommyC376 wrote:
You're kidding me right. Brady is right up there with Sidney Crosby as one of the bigger whiners in sports. Don't believe me ask around

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
While he may not complain about the refs during the post game. He complains alot after he is hit.
That would be great if that what we were actually arguing about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: