Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodell concerned HD TV getting too good
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEXT IN THE NEWS: GOODELL CONCERNED THAT COUCHES ARE TOO COMFORTABLE. WORRIED PEOPLE WON'T GO TO GAMES.

CK on the sig
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
No comment

Yes, thank you. I'm glad you let us all know that you have nothing to say.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been to an NFL game and never plan on it unless it is free. The tickets are outrageously priced and it is a [inappropriate/removed] to get the meadowlands

texans_uk wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It's the stoppages in play. They feel like 30 times longer live. Just long stretches where aint nothin happening. Has nothing to do with HD.
This. The TV product is simply better. You can see replays, pause it to take a leak and get a cheap soda etc...

People should simply not go to games. I live in Oregon so no NFL teams are within 350 miles of me. However, when I get offered to go to Ducks games only 150 miles away I'd rather stay at home to watch. Just more fun.

NFL teams need fans there even less. At least in CFB a player can get rattled going to a big stadium with 50+k drunk people yelling at them. Brady doesn't give a crap let's be honest.

You strive to out do yourself huh?

This is clearly hyperbole.

I'm also shocked about the comment regarding stoppages, I've been to the Wembley games and i prefer being in a stadium with fans and charting through the stoppages whilst still being able to see what's going on, is better than 900 adverts.

How much were the Wembley tickets?
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and simple I've been trying to go to a game for years... Unfortunately why would I sit in the upper decks to barely see the game? Oh, just pay more to get closer to the field and feel like I can see the game? Oh, well that would cost me at least $700 which I don't just have lying around because I plan ahead for emergencies. Oh, but then I get to pay $6 for a beer. $5 for a Hot Dog. $7 for from fries.

The situation hasn't been worth it for quite some time. I can sit at home, order a pizza and watch the game and clearly see what's going on for $15. Sure I might not get the awesome interaction with a bunch of knuckleheads who are drunk and we're randomly highfiving but I'll take that trade off. That is honestly about the only thing you miss when not going to the stadium.

If tickets were more afforadble maybe it'd be different.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Plain and simple I've been trying to go to a game for years... Unfortunately why would I sit in the upper decks to barely see the game? Oh, just pay more to get closer to the field and feel like I can see the game? Oh, well that would cost me at least $700 which I don't just have lying around because I plan ahead for emergencies. Oh, but then I get to pay $6 for a beer. $5 for a Hot Dog. $7 for from fries.

The situation hasn't been worth it for quite some time. I can sit at home, order a pizza and watch the game and clearly see what's going on for $15. Sure I might not get the awesome interaction with a bunch of knuckleheads who are drunk and we're randomly highfiving but I'll take that trade off. That is honestly about the only thing you miss when not going to the stadium.

If tickets were more afforadble maybe it'd be different.

Just so you know, you can see the game GREAT from the upper decks. In fact, in many ways I prefer the higher vantage point. I have sat everywhere from row 1 at the 50 to the top row with my back to concrete. Every seat in the house has its pro's and cons. So dont let that hold you back. You go to a game for the atmosphere. Its an event, brudda. You go and tailgate and whoop it up with other fans then head to the stadium and cheer your boys on with 60 thousand other diehard fans. Its a lot of fun no matter where you are sitting.

CK on the sig
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they make enough on ticket sales to justify these huge stadiums. Someday they will have a state of the art "studio" to play all the games in and everyone can enjoy it in the peace of their own homes or other location. None of this traffic, parking, monopolistic vendors. It'd just be better all around. Times are changing Goodell, you better have a plan to keep this thing alive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on. Watching a game on tv is another world compared to going to it in person. You don't get a fraction of the in-stadium experience while watching tv. It's like the difference between watching a movie on tv/dvd/blu-ray and watching it in the theater. I know a lot of people would rather stay at home to avoid the chaos, but I still see packed crowds every Sunday.

No matter how good the quality is, a tv will never compare to attending a game, at least to most people.

#JDI
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Oh come on. Watching a game on tv is another world compared to going to it in person. You don't get a fraction of the in-stadium experience while watching tv. It's like the difference between watching a movie on tv/dvd/blu-ray and watching it in the theater. I know a lot of people would rather stay at home to avoid the chaos, but I still see packed crowds every Sunday.

No matter how good the quality is, a tv will never compare to attending a game, at least to most people.

It's not worth the 100s of dolla's.

I'd rather watch on my laptop for FREE than spend that much money to barely see anything.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched NFL football on the TV for about 5-6 years before finally going to an NFL game in 2010.

The experience was very... disappointing. It even ruined football for me in general for a few weeks afterwards. When you watch football on TV, all the players look huge, a 40 yard pass looks like something a non-pro couldn't even attempt, and 40 yard FG tries look so difficult. Watching it in person, everything looks so miniature and not nearly as impressive. The running plays look like a high school football game, the 40 yard passes don't look that much better than the throws my friends and I make playing backyard football, and the field goal tries don't look very intimidating.

Plus the flow of the game is much better watching it on TV, commercial breaks allow you to grab a drink, check your fantasy score and tune back in right as that crucial third down play comes up. Watching it live, seeing the players stand around while waiting for a TV break is just depressing.

All that being said, I would still go to a Ravens game if I were going with good friends and was plenty drunk before hand. Just to cheer on the team and make it harder on the opponent.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they werent suspending half the good players for being normal people off the field...
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It's the stoppages in play. They feel like 30 times longer live. Just long stretches where aint nothin happening. Has nothing to do with HD.

Mostly because they aren't long enough to go to the bathroom at a stadium, but they are at home, and you can't flip to the CBS game or make yourself a drink.

Well, you can get a drink it'll just cost you 8 bucks

$8? You're getting a deal. Inflation has those suckers up to $10 easy (for domestic!) in certain CA stadiums.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:

While I LOVE the in-stadium experience in which you get to interact with other people so much. However, is it worth $400-700? I don't think so. I can get that experience for $100 at a Phillies game. Although I don't care as much about them I can still get that experience.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NEXT IN THE NEWS: GOODELL CONCERNED THAT COUCHES ARE TOO COMFORTABLE. WORRIED PEOPLE WON'T GO TO GAMES.

Goodell flexes muscles, orders all couches to now be made of bricks
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Mostly because they aren't long enough to go to the bathroom at a stadium, but they are at home, and you can't flip to the CBS game or make yourself a drink.

Well, you can get a drink it'll just cost you 8 bucks

THIS - EXACTLY THIS

In addition I get a better view and full control of replays and can have a laptop next to ne posting here and elsewhere while drinking my choice of liquor that isn't marked up 800%

Sig courtesy of mack.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need Laz-e-boy seating and waitresses everywehre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: