Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodell concerned HD TV getting too good
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
Hey Goodell, get back to me when the Packers' season ticket waiting list is finally clear.

Apparently the listed topped 100k a couple months ago so..... by the time we've colonized Mars?
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It's the stoppages in play. They feel like 30 times longer live. Just long stretches where aint nothin happening. Has nothing to do with HD.
This. The TV product is simply better. You can see replays, pause it to take a leak and get a cheap soda etc...

People should simply not go to games. I live in Oregon so no NFL teams are within 350 miles of me. However, when I get offered to go to Ducks games only 150 miles away I'd rather stay at home to watch. Just more fun.

NFL teams need fans there even less. At least in CFB a player can get rattled going to a big stadium with 50+k drunk people yelling at them. Brady doesn't give a crap let's be honest.

Sig bet
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It's the stoppages in play. They feel like 30 times longer live. Just long stretches where aint nothin happening. Has nothing to do with HD.
This. The TV product is simply better. You can see replays, pause it to take a leak and get a cheap soda etc...

People should simply not go to games. I live in Oregon so no NFL teams are within 350 miles of me. However, when I get offered to go to Ducks games only 150 miles away I'd rather stay at home to watch. Just more fun.

NFL teams need fans there even less. At least in CFB a player can get rattled going to a big stadium with 50+k drunk people yelling at them. Brady doesn't give a crap let's be honest.

You strive to out do yourself huh?

This is clearly hyperbole.

I'm also shocked about the comment regarding stoppages, I've been to the Wembley games and i prefer being in a stadium with fans and charting through the stoppages whilst still being able to see what's going on, is better than 900 adverts.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a money issue for most Americans... $$$

Most families and young single Americans cant afford tickets or a ticket to the game or anything inside the ballpark once there in and if they can come up with the $$$ . 1 ticket is the price of a brand new HD TV that you can have for the next 5-10 years and watch all your favorite sports and shows for nothing then the price of your cable bill if that.

There is so much financially and planning wise that goes into going to a game for a family that its more a once in a blue moon type thing if ever and for most Americans its ever.. It could never be a regular event unless your really rich.

TV tho does a great job of producing a game and how they film it and give it to there audience with all the angles and slow motion and views and super real life imagery ... Staying at home doesn't leave you with that missing feeling and almost gives you that more intuned with the game feeling then you would get live.

I think to people like the comforts of there home.. your own bathroom is a big underrated deal cause lines are so bad , having your stuff around during the game the little comforts of your home, the internet is now popular with football fans to have while there watching games ,saving money on food and there food cooking what they want and eating how they want, drinking what they want how ever much they want and for 1000% less of the price charged at the stadium for the same drink, so much easier to handle kids at your own house, no parking concerns which is huge just wake up and throw on a sweat shirt and some marshmellows in your beer your good to go.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green90 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
Hey Goodell, get back to me when the Packers' season ticket waiting list is finally clear.

Apparently the listed topped 100k a couple months ago so..... by the time we've colonized Mars?

One game a year on Mars....I'd go to that.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

People should simply not go to games if you feel the price is too high. I live in Oregon so no NFL teams are within 350 miles of me. However, when I get offered to go to Ducks games only 150 miles away I'd rather stay at home to watch. Just more fun.

You strive to out do yourself huh?

This is clearly hyperbole.

I'm also shocked about the comment regarding stoppages, I've been to the Wembley games and i prefer being in a stadium with fans and charting through the stoppages whilst still being able to see what's going on, is better than 900 adverts.
FIFY went too fast for myself.

Sig bet
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the job of the networks. To give an experience better than live. Just wait until 4k Tvs and feeds are mainstream.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to football games is a drag when your team plays in a dump. So much better at home in front of a 60 inch TV than wasting hundreds of dollars going to the game.

The only time it might be cool to go to a game is to hang out with friends, but its sometimes harder to get into it than being in the comfort of your own home.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the stadium experience better.
TheSphinx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never go to games anymore (and I used to be able to get some pretty good seats) but it is just too much hassel. The traffic, the drama, the ramdom idiot fan thinks that because you aren't rooting for the same team that is a reason to say something stupid. I would just muh raher go to a sports bar with a couple of friends to drink, eat and watch the game. It's easier, much cheaper and I honestly find it to be much more enjoyable.

-TS
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to go to the Niners Pats game next month with my cousin. We looked for tickets and theyre over $200 each for nosebleeds. I was even going to drive from MD to Boston to go see it. I don't mind paying $200 for a ticket but not a nosebleed. On Sunday I went to a local sports bar and watched the Niner game. I pigged out and drank a bunch od sodas( I don't drink) for $20 bucks.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slap ads on the jerseys and take away the commercials pls

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live 10 minutes away from Gilette. I would never go to a game unless it was free. Too much of a hassle for too much money.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:

For 1 Packers, there are like 5 Chargers, Bucs, etc. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's afraid we're going to see his horns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: