Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Why is there 16 pages on this? Laughing

Because a lot of the people who'd keep it are still trying to justify their actions, rather than just settle with the fact they'd keep it.

Funny that the people who would return it don't feel the need to justify their actions. Wink

Ehh not really. I remember people saying things like "Karma" and "The guy might lose his job". Both sides have "justified" their position...

I suppose defend is a better word. One side is giving their decision and defending it, the other is giving their decision and explaining it.

What, exactly, is the difference? The only people I've seen justify it are the people who have been attacked by the high and mighties in this thread.

High and mighties?

Is that what you call people with morals?

Most of us arent even bashing people who say they will keep it....we are just laughing at those trying to act like there is nothing wrong with it.

Well... I'm clearly not talking about you then am I? I'm talking about the people calling people "low lives" for saying they'd keep it and then patting themselves on the back for it, aka high and mighties.

Yeah man but I am not so sure it's necessarily "high and mighty." I mean, it is stealing. And a lot of people have issues with people that steal. Just saying.

CK on the sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
lol the best part is people trying to soothe their conscience by saying it's completely fair game

like J Pep said, if you want to keep it, keep it, but don't act like you deserve it or some crap like that

lol. I love the people getting all high and mighty in here, its a dog eat dog world. Live with it.

"Its a dog eat dog world" could just as easily be used as a reason to roll old ladies for their bingo money.

Theirs quite a big difference between this issue and robbing old ladies. I've made my feelings known numerous times, call Best Buy but if they ain't coming to pick it up they ain't getting it back.

It's a dog eat dog world. Those old ladies will have to live with it.

Laughing I don't expect anything less from the posters of FF. "Hey lets take this comment and twist it into him beating up and robbing old ladies" Laughing Laughing

Talk about twisting. Confused

I didnt say the actions were comparable. I said you can use the same excuse. The "it's a dog eat dog world" excuse can be used to justify just about anything. You are using it to justify stealing. Others have use it to justify worse.

I was just aggravated by the people acting high and mighty, I don't think you can justify stealing with that phrase, but my response was more to Jrry being a smart allack than your comment.

Oh lighten up, Harper. You're taking all this too seriously. Laughing

Plus you gave me great reasoning for my rash of attacks on the elderly.

I don't like smart allacks Wink

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just sorta seems like some of you are saying there's no problem with taking it (fine, whatever) but it's wrong for someone who disagrees to criticize them about it. That doesn't make much sense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
It just sorta seems like some of you are saying there's no problem with taking it (fine, whatever) but it's wrong for someone who disagrees to criticize them about it. That doesn't make much sense.

I just don't agree with calling people low lives for not returning something due to Best Buys mistake. Calling someone a low life is pretty harsh.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I don't like smart allacks Wink
*smart aleck

Wink

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

I just don't agree with calling people low lives for not returning something due to Best Buys mistake. Calling someone a low life is pretty harsh.

Their morals tell them that stealing makes someone a low life, your morals don't.

Who's to say who's morals are right? If you don't think there's anything wrong with it, why do you care what someone else thinks? The only time I care what others think is when I'm conflicted on something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Their morals tell them that stealing makes someone a low life, your morals don't.

Who's to say who's morals are right? If you don't think there's anything wrong with it, why do you care what someone else thinks? The only time I care what others think is when I'm conflicted on something.

I've been saying he should call Best Buy, so I'm not even the one who got called a low life. I just think calling someone a low life due to their opinion on this subject is harsh. Agree to disagree though.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would return it but that's just me. To each their own.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
lol I went to Lil ceaser earlier today and bought a 5$ pizza(i gave the cashier a 10), and the 'dummy' had a brain fart and gave me back my 10 along with 5 bucks of change, Score Laughing

Personally, I would sell the sound bar and get myself some new shoes. Yeah, im shady

The exact opposite happened to my mom. She went out to lunch one day at a Chinese restaurant, but her food wasn't ready yet. While she waited for it, she went to the grocery store right next door. She bought some stuff that ended up being about 7-8 dollars. The cashier thought my mom handed him a 10, but it was really a 20. She ended up getting 2-ish dollars in change, when she should've gotten 12-ish. They got assistance, but the head cashier didn't believe her. It ended up being a big scene that took about 10 minutes to get corrected. (I was, like, 4 at the time and didn't know what was going on) A manager had to come out and finally give her the money she deserved.

As for this sound bar situation, I'd return it. Definitely.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
lol I went to Lil ceaser earlier today and bought a 5$ pizza(i gave the cashier a 10), and the 'dummy' had a brain fart and gave me back my 10 along with 5 bucks of change, Score Laughing

Personally, I would sell the sound bar and get myself some new shoes. Yeah, im shady

The exact opposite happened to my mom. She went out to lunch one day at a Chinese restaurant, but her food wasn't ready yet. While she waited for it, she went to the grocery store right next door. She bought some stuff that ended up being about 7-8 dollars. The cashier thought my mom handed him a 10, but it was really a 20. She ended up getting 2-ish dollars in change, when she should've gotten 12-ish. They got assistance, but the head cashier didn't believe her. It ended up being a big scene that took about 10 minutes to get corrected. (I was, like, 4 at the time and didn't know what was going on) A manager had to come out and finally give her the money she deserved.

As for this sound bar situation, I'd return it. Definitely.

That happened to me, they didn't give me my cash back on a debit purchase and didn't believe me when I came back to the register 2 seconds later (I hadn't even reached the front door)

They ended up watching the footage from the camera over each till and saw I didn't get my money. Took about 30 minutes in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id keep it

the sole reason is because the system that the store has in place allowed you to walk off with it and it is their fault for letting it happen

If you feel bad about it, I would put it up on craigslist for cheap so some poor college student can buy it and put it to good use. Then I would use the money for a nice steak dinner for myself and a lady friend or something.

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
So what if the Dos Equis' man told me I was the world's most interesting man
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't decide, why not return it for store credit and get something much smaller with that money? Like CoD or a season of a TV show you like. Then don't use the rest of the money. That doesn't seem better to me but it is in between.

If it were me and something I really wanted, I would probably keep it. I'm ok with that and it doesn't really bother me, no justification here. But if it were something I didn't want or would rarely use, I would probably take it back.

Realistically it would depend on the mood I'm in at the moment, I can't really say because it hasn't happened to me.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it and pay it forward.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the people saying return it for the kid because he made an honest mistake and you don't want him to lose his job... returning it would give management notice on the mistake the kid made and would likely fire him anyway, whether the soundbar was returned or not.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I worked at a Lowe's. 200 may not seem like much to a company that size, and in reality, it isn't, but when 200 dollars goes missing, the Store Manager, every manager below him, and all the peons below them feel the wrath. Big companies like that want to know how and why their ish is disappearing. Someone will lose a job. Most cashiers lose their job if they're $5 under what they should be at the end of the day.

Also, don't do it for karma. No such thing.

This is bull. I was Asset Protection for Wal-Mart for a long time and a popular metro store shrinks out around 1Mill a year... give or take. 200 bucks compared to the amount of theft and claimed out merchandise is actually a breath of fresh air.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 18 of 32

Jump to: