Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

Mohr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:
I'd return it. For all you know they have to pay for it because it went missing.
$200 to a company like Best Buy would be like me dropping a penny on the sidewalk.

Do you know if it is individually owned or not though? That could come from the gm.

Also, they don't get to be a huge company by giving away 200 dollar products.

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
IS SHE STUPID WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?!?[/quote]
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:
I'd return it. For all you know they have to pay for it because it went missing.
$200 to a company like Best Buy would be like me dropping a penny on the sidewalk.

Or like dropping an employee on the sidewalk.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

The employee handing out free sound bars probably deserves as much.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Iggles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

True, but it's $200 that goes missing under a specific person's watch. Without getting the sound bar back, the odds of that person losing their job are much higher.

It's not a huge deal to Best Buy, but it is a huge deal to the person who made an honest mistake.

If you made such an error, I imagine you'd hope that the person who benefited would attempt to correct it rather than simply keep the item.
RavensTillIDie

Location: ----------------- Props to Jamison. on the dope signature!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
A $200 sound bar is too much for me just to wash my hands of...

If it was a $15 DVD, or something relatively harmless to a chain's bottom line/inventory then I wouldn't bother...
Yeah, this. I would definitely keep it.

Woooooah. Got ourselves a lil troublemaker over here. Going full Lindsay Lohan on us. Watch out now. Laughing

But seriously, I would personally return it. Not because I care about Best Buy or anything, but I'd hate to get the guy who accidentally gave you the sound bar in trouble or furthermore force the guy who did actually order the sound bar (if I interpreted the situation correctly) to have to deal with having to complain/convince Best Buy that he never got the item he ordered.

It's about dat karma, bro.

Last edited by RavensTillIDie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster

green24 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

Pretty much. All companies have acceptable losses, but I would imagine that the monthly budget on P/L allowance by store isn't that high. Knocking $200 of that on a single loss will probably mean the kid who made the mistake will lose his job over it.

If you can live with that, by all means. Go for it.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanLegend

Return it.

Who knows, the manager may just let you keep it anyway for your honesty. Or they may give you a gift card or some crap. Either way, it's good for karma.
Mohr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

True, but it's $200 that goes missing under a specific person's watch. Without getting the sound bar back, the odds of that person losing their job are much higher.

It's not a huge deal to Best Buy, but it is a huge deal to the person who made an honest mistake.

If you made such an error, I imagine you'd hope that the person who benefited would attempt to correct it rather than simply keep the item.

This is more or less what I was trying to say. Just a lot less elegantly.

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
IS SHE STUPID WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?!?[/quote]
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

That's probably true. But if I were in Totty's shoes right now, I'd still keep it Laughing

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a Lowe's. 200 may not seem like much to a company that size, and in reality, it isn't, but when 200 dollars goes missing, the Store Manager, every manager below him, and all the peons below them feel the wrath. Big companies like that want to know how and why their ish is disappearing. Someone will lose a job. Most cashiers lose their job if they're $5 under what they should be at the end of the day.

Also, don't do it for karma. No such thing.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
A $200 sound bar is too much for me just to wash my hands of...

If it was a $15 DVD, or something relatively harmless to a chain's bottom line/inventory then I wouldn't bother...
Yeah, this. I would definitely keep it.

Woooooah. Got ourselves a lil troublemaker over here. Going full Lindsay Lohan on us. Watch out now. Laughing

Never go full Lohan. We may need to organize some kind of intervention for Sam.

I wouldn't return it immediately. I'd say you or your brother should call them up and explain the the situation. They can probably look up the sale by name, credit card, or rewardzone number if you have one of those. They may ask you to return it, but it might also be a misunderstanding on your part. I most certainly wouldn't take the time and effort to get it to the store with out talking to someone on their end first though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I worked at Circuit City and all that stuff is handled, a lot of stuff gets lost in the shuffle. If you opened it then you really might as well keep it regardless how you feel because they won't sell it back on the floor in most cases.

Then again, Circuit City went bankrupt. So we might be learning something here... Laughing

I would return it, personally. My conscience would weigh on me too much. Like someone else said, if it were something small, like a $1 widget, then it's not worth it. But something that expensive is probably part of their electronic inventory system. They're going to know it's missing.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I worked at a Lowe's. 200 may not seem like much to a company that size, and in reality, it isn't, but when 200 dollars goes missing, the Store Manager, every manager below him, and all the peons below them feel the wrath. Big companies like that want to know how and why their ish is disappearing. Someone will lose a job. Most cashiers lose their job if they're $5 under what they should be at the end of the day.

Also, don't do it for karma. No such thing.

That's what i'm saying. They're going to know it's gone. Maybe in 1950 it gets lost in the shuffle, but not in today's world where everything is cataloged electronically.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Mohr wrote:

To a company, yes. But, for an individual store, it's the difference between someone being employed the day after or not.

A lot of people think that electronics stores rake in tons of money. Well, they can, for sure, but on a quantity basis only. I used to work at a similar store. The gross profit margin on a $2,500 computer in 2000'ish was roughly 1.5%. That's gross, not net. $37.50 is all they got from that sale. That's why these types of stores are always pushing for extended warranties. That's the only way they can keep the doors open. Well, that, and paper/cables/etc... $59 for a 10 foot CAT6 cable is highway robbery. Don't ever buy a cable from Best Buy(or any store like it).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fall in to the karma nonsense. If you do it, you should be doing it because that's what you felt was right, not because you think you'll be rewarded for it later.
If you want to be rewarded, don't return it, and enjoy your new sound bar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: