Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the rant of an angry deaf guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: the rant of an angry deaf guy Reply with quote

Few thoughts that came to me and things I feel like we should be looking at:

Big ben's injury. I find it very hard to believe that two different injuries happened at once. I suspect that he'd got hurt from other previous hits and didn't flinch and with that sandwich sack, it shattered him. What do you guys think?

Leftwich should get the nod for starting game, but when playing from behind put in Batch. Leftwich, many of us knew he has one of the strongest arm in nfl, could easily throw to whereabout and playing under haley's dink and dunk I'm not sure how it will play out. I suspect that haley will start off with most of bruce arians' plays, playing up to Leftwich's strength. Reason I said put in Batch in if we are playing from behind; dink and dunk, Batch would fit Haley's offense much better and its better off gambling on both for one game than further confusion.

Speaking of offense, we really need to stay with one back for a majority of carries, I don't care who but we has been more effective with one back because of the rhymth you can find in game when you notice similiar hole open and attack it with a good authority. Forget "dumping ball to rb" with lefty too, his release is really slow and it'd exploit rbs with hard hittings.

Ah, committing to one back, let's talk about our d-line. I felt like we played 2nd half better when keeping same rotations for majority of the half. Keisel finally showed up! Hood showed better push, didn't paid attention to nt much.

Playing against ravens, many would felt that its probably a for-sure loss for us. I disagree. Ravens offense are very similiar to giants' and with us keeping same game plan only with McLendon playing with majority of snaps (chop blocks, for that reason) we should be able to force them 3 and out. Timmons who is playing like our best defensive player right now ought to stay with ray rice for whole game, passing and running downs.

Ravens' defense are a lot easier to exploit compared to giants, their pass-rushing is struggling just like ours and last game against oakland even when destroying them with 55 pts they had to bench ed reed. Folks, i m expecting to see a lot of deep ball in this game!

Townfolks, anything to add? Disagree?
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're deaf?
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you that the Steelers aren't in as bad of shape as people are making them out for the Ravens game. It really is more of which team shows up to play more.

I agree with spreading the ball more to different backs. I want to see Rainey more.

One thing you left out was the improved play of our O-line vs. the Ravens defense. Would very well could run 60% to 40% pass.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
You're deaf?
Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy looked like crap versus the run! He didn't have a good game at all. Woodley was just as equally horrible!!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait I'm deaf? Since when?! Its that obvious, I think.

Also other thing to add: wouldn't this be a trap game for ravens?

Its always been an emotional game for both teams, but it now have put much more pressure on the ravens considering we have played against ravens witthout big ben and every game have been close. If the ravens win, media and fans will say "so what? That was the team without Big Ben". And! If they lose?

I'm not suggesting any impication of possible psychology impact but ravens came in this game knowing they have been on decline even the blowout against oakland and our O-line actually are better than where they are last year.

One advantage we may have; ravens wouldn't know how to scheme against Lefty, insufficient of game tapes and lefty never started in any similiarity to haley's offense (dink and dunk), so they may come out scheming against lefty's strength, not Haley's strength and this can be in our big favor, of course if we lead by half-time.

Many claim steelers play down to their opponent, you can say about same for the ravens.

I got a feeling Suisham will be having a big game.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his rants are falling on deaf ears!! Laughing Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: