Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinn claims he is cleared to play, Crennel claims otherwise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Quinn claims he is cleared to play, Crennel claims otherwise Reply with quote

Quote:
Earlier this week, Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn said heíd been cleared to play on Sunday, when the Chiefs host the Bengals.

Quinnís boss disagrees.

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel told reporters on Wednesday that former starter Matt Cassel will get yet another start in place of Quinn, per Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. But not because Cassel has earned it; Crennel said that Quinn hasnít been cleared to play.

Itís unclear why Quinn thinks he was cleared if in fact he wasnít. It could be that the Chiefs simply want to give Cassel another game without affirmatively benching Quinn.

Thereís also a chance that Quinn is in the doghouse for: (1) not telling the team he had suffered a concussion last month against the Raiders; and (2) telling reporters that he played with a concussion, which triggered more bad P.R. for the team that currently is arguing with the Jags over which one is the worst team in the league, and which one is in fact Schmoopie.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/14/quinn-said-he-was-cleared-coach-says-he-wasnt/

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me one bit, an d fact I was imagining the other day this very scenario playing out in the media. I wouldn't be shocked if Quinn is really cleared to play and in reality there is a vested interest in seeing the "preferred" choice getting the start, especially from the front office.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Daboll knows the real reason, ala why JC didn't get the ball more in whatever disaster game that was a few weeks back.

^ryknowssd on the sig
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, going along with the 'conspiracy' theories, lets try this one on. Romeo/Dabold are throwing Cassell under the bus one more time to make it perfectly clear, as it has been with all of us for some time, but now finally to Pioli, that Cassell IS NOT the guy....albiet at the expense of Quinn.

Hey, it's not any more crazy than whats coming out of One Arrowhead Drive on a regular basis, now is it? Wink

I really like to stir it up....come on guys, let me have it.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also at the expense of Stanzi, and that's what is frustrating. At this point why on earth play Cassel? It's certainly not in the long term interest of this team.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
It's also at the expense of Stanzi, and that's what is frustrating. At this point why on earth play Cassel? It's certainly not in the long term interest of this team.

It's not in the short term interest either. We have no reason not to play Stanzi.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
It's not in the short term interest either. We have no reason not to play Stanzi.

Where is the next stop to board this train? I already bought my ticket.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Romeo's logic, the fact that the defense stepped up and played the steelers to overtime means Cassel gets credit for that too. His logic is so messed up. Close game or not Cassel played HORRIBLE and in fact was the one that lost the game for us.... Romeo is treating monday night like a moral victory, and giving EVERYONE credit for that....even though the offense only scored 13 points and Cassel threw for less than 200 yards, completed ZERO third down conversions and threw the game ending pick in overtime....that is sad logic. Romeo needs to go.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

That and, honestly, i feel bad for Cassel too. Good guy and hard worker but he just doesn't have it and he's getting ripped apart by everyone including opposing D's. Its gotta be affecting him outside of the stadium as well. He needs a "mercy-benching". Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Teicher Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

#Chiefs injuries: Baldwin, Asamoah, O'Connell did not practice. Bowe, Poe, Maneri limited. Quinn was a full participant

Retweet
Favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me one bit, an d fact I was imagining the other day this very scenario playing out in the media. I wouldn't be shocked if Quinn is really cleared to play and in reality there is a vested interest in seeing the "preferred" choice getting the start, especially from the front office.

The only guy they should be interested in seeing play is Stanzi....and that has nothing to do with me personally wanting to see him. They are OUT of the playoffs, Stanzi will bring more people to home games and give anyone who still thinks they'll be around a better idea of what they have, it might give the other players more motivation, and hey crazy thot but it's possible he might be able to provide some things that the other 2 QB's can't.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

The only guy they should be interested in seeing play is Stanzi....and that has nothing to do with me personally wanting to see him. They are OUT of the playoffs, Stanzi will bring more people to home games and give anyone who still thinks they'll be around a better idea of what they have, it might give the other players more motivation, and hey crazy thot but it's possible he might be able to provide some things that the other 2 QB's can't.

I totally agree. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose at this point. By having Stanzi start for the rest of the games we get a chance to see if there is any long term projection as either a potential starting candidate or even as a future backup. By still trotting out Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn we aren't getting any benefit. We are already beyond hope for the season so IMO this is a perfect opportunity to see what we have at the quarterback position.

It ticks me off to think that Pioli might still be pushing Cassel, and with Quinn being a UFA next year, I don't see the point in looking at the possibility of re-signing him to a multi-year deal.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I just remembered, they're still trying to win to salvage their jobs so they will go with who they believe gives them the best chance to do that, which is selfish because the best thing for the team is to see what Stanzi has. Regardless, they will go with Cassel or Quinn for that reason although ironically, part of why they are on the hot seat is because they suck at evaluating QB's and Stanzi may very well give them the best chance to win.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
but I just remembered, they're still trying to win to salvage their jobs so they will go with who they believe gives them the best chance to do that, which is selfish because the best thing for the team is to see what Stanzi has. Regardless, they will go with Cassel or Quinn for that reason although ironically, part of why they are on the hot seat is because they suck at evaluating QB's and Stanzi may very well give them the best chance to win.

I like Stanzi being a stud is the only thing that can save Pioli. Even if Cassel leads us to a 4-12 or 5-11 record I think Pioli is gone....But if Stanzi looks like a legit QB. Then Pioli could claim credit for that.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I like Stanzi being a stud is the only thing that can save Pioli. Even if Cassel leads us to a 4-12 or 5-11 record I think Pioli is gone....But if Stanzi looks like a legit QB. Then Pioli could claim credit for that.

No joke...he is clueless. The only chance to save his job is inactive nearly every week Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: