Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More "Anonymous" Cancerous Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: More "Anonymous" Cancerous Talk Reply with quote

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722

Tim Tebow has accounted for only 132 total yards and averaged seven offensive snaps per game.
Tebowmania may have captivated the NFL last season, but Tim Tebow’s new team doesn’t believe that he’s a savior.

More than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization painted a sobering picture of the player who rallied the Broncos to the playoffs last season. In their eyes, he’s simply not very good.

The prevailing thought in the organization is that Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick.

“He’s terrible,” a defensive starter told the Daily News.

Although Tebow told The News last month that he has made improvements as a quarterback over the past few months, none of the people in the organization who spoke to The News shared that sentiment.

Both offensive and defensive players admitted that they hadn’t noticed any appreciable improvement in Tebow’s quarterback skills in practice since he was traded to the Jets in March. Tebow has been a poor practice player throughout his career. His current teammates echoed sentiments from Denver Broncos players a year ago about the lefthanded signal caller’s poor practice performance.

The 3-6 Jets’ dwindling playoff chances haven’t changed this mind-set in the locker room: Tebow isn’t a panacea.

Article goes on and on with some more gems. You just cant make this stuff up. Unless Manish is.

Whatever Rex did to "address" this issue last year surely did not sink in.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling Rex is punching his ticket out of NY with the QB situation.
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of crap you have to deal with when you completely disregard character and intelligence in drafting/adding players to a team.

I"m not even close to a Tebow fan, but what kind of selfish moron thinks ripping on Tebow is going to help our team?

I hate how this team consistently airs out its dirty laundry for everyone to see. Not to mention how petty it and cowardly it is to say crap anonymously.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, Why, Why can't we just keep our mouth's shut. I've had it with this crap. Every time I turn on ESPN I have to hear about another Jets player saying this or guaranteeing that.

It was fun for awhile with Rex and I still think he's a decent coach but this team is talking like it's 2 years ago when it's not. I thought it would calm down since they suck but it hasn't it's just gotten more annoying.

I guess for this owner any publicity is good publicity even if it's bad.

I mean how jealous are these guys of Tebow that they have to bash him to the media. I know it's not because he's a bad guy, cause he's the total opposite of that. It's all jealousy cause this scrub is still the media darling. The guy has serious flaws but found a way to help his team last year. Maybe these guy need to look in the mirror cause aside from a handful of guys on this team the rest of them, and probably the ones who opened their mouths are terrible in their own right.

I can't take this loose lips thing anymore, it started with Rex and now it needs to end with him being fired. It's down right embarrassing to be a Jets fan right now, bad team with big obnoxious mouths.

End Rant.

Props to Mack on the sig
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also shows the respect (or lack thereof) the team has for Ryan these days. Apparently he nipped it in the bud last season, and the same exact thing is happening this season. He's lost the team AGAIN.

His PC today was brutal. The same stuff hes said every week and he "saw some things he liked" and "there some stuff we need to get better at".

And what type of "Jets official" comes out and says there are college teams with better receiving corps. Really?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks for Tim.He is a good character guy, he shouldn't be called "Terrible" . But I do have the feeling that comment might have been said out of anger. I'm not defending it. But I can't imagine being a teammate, knowing that Mark is better, people are ripping him and the team, and asking nothing but Tebow questions.

But it's not good that we got to this point already. But my finger is pointing at Woody for this one. I know Sanchez is not perfect, blah, blah, blah. We were all over the media last off season about our character issues. Rex main focus was to fix the locker room and clear from negative people (Like Plax). Rex didn't even make a super bowl prediction. Mark & Tone was hanging out and etc. He didn't want that extra attention brought in. Then Woody forces the team to trade for Tebow, the biggest media crush ever. Even though we signed a solid QB to back up Mark. If Rex/Tony wanted Tim, he would have been in already. Now that we are losing, everything is blown up because of the extra attention Tim brings. and I know it had to be getting to some of the players.

I hope we cut him, so he could go to a team that really wants him. Then we can work on becoming a underrated team and work our way up.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Slauson said those comments in NYDN story were "so long ago, i don't even remember them." Reiterates Sanchez is their starter. #nyj

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know your team is made up of a bunch of clowns when instead of talking about what's wrong with the team as a whole, they decide to take shots at someone who isn't even on the field more than 5 minutes a game.

I'm just about ready for us to chunk this whole roster and start over.
DHarvey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tired of the Tebow Bashing.

I wonder how many forum folks have actually seen Tim play or practice.

I saw him for several days at Jets Camp in Cortland. The guy can throw. The guy can play. This media story sounds like a typical hatchet job.

Let's see what he can do. Let's judge him on real life play action, not just media BS.

I'd love to see him given a few games to play start to finish. Then if he sucks, so be it. But all this negative crapola without him actually playing QB..it's truly a shame.

As for Mark..are you not going to believe what your eyes are telling you?
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want Tebow gone so his followers can go far far away. Seven more weeks. Just Seven more weeks.
swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Jets. Taking their frustrations out on their own player rather than their opponent. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
The guy has serious flaws but found a way to help his team last year.

Words of wisdom right there.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody cant fire Rex because of this because he forced the Tebow trade and Rex has every right to stick with Mark, who's 100x's the QB Tim will ever be

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Woody cant fire Rex because of this because he forced the Tebow trade and Rex has every right to stick with Mark, who's 100x's the QB Tim will ever be

Marks not 100x's the QB ANYONE will ever be.

And Rex can be fired for the fact that he sucks. He has no idea how to make adjustments. He stubbornly sticks to a philosophy that doesn't fit with the players we have. In fact, its so bad we dont have an identity at all. The guy is clueless with managing the clock, so much so that Herman Edwards could actually teach him something.

Rex cries in the locker room after the game and tells the team "all you need to do is believe". Is this guy for real? BELIEVE!? Believe in what? That all the hype from 09-10 feels like 10 years ago, and his mantra has gotten real old real fast?

Rex dug his own hole and sealed his own fate. We should completely clean house. Enough with the circus and the negativity. Create a positive atmosphere for 2013 and aim for 2014 to get back into the contention conversation.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we bring Herm Edwards back for a day? Just so he can say this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: