Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The next four games....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Record over the next four games?
4-0
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
3-1
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
2-2
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
1-3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0-4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: The next four games.... Reply with quote

...Are going to be huge. Two away division rival games followed by two games against arguably the best two teams in the NFL. We are obviously going to be without Gronkowski for likely all of those games. Needless to say these are incredibly important games, particularly head to head against the Texans if we want to even dream of getting the #1 or #2 seed.

So what happens? How do we fare?

I think just due to overall talent we should beat both the Dolphins and Jets pretty handedly. Neither have an offense that can keep up with ours, even with the discrepancy in defenses. With both the Texans and Niners at home and our track record of being so good at home, I could see us splitting those games even without Gronk. However could just as easily go 0-2 or even 2-0. It's impossible to tell, but I do think the Dolphins/Jets games should be definite wins.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any game is a guaranteed win with this defense. We've seen the Dolphins go off, if just in flashes. If one of those flashes comes at the right time, oh boy. The Jets probably have their least talented team in years, but there's no way that game isn't a gameday toss up. I'm getting sick of saying this about this team. It's been a few years now, I feel...

Gronk is big. I think you could easily call him the team's best offensive option. Scoring option, absolutely. He just happens to be an excellent blocker too. God. This...is bad. I really hope he isn't as important to the team as he seems to be, otherwise this could be a rough patch.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: The next four games.... Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
...Are going to be huge. Two away division rival games followed by two games against arguably the best two teams in the NFL. We are obviously going to be without Gronkowski for likely all of those games. Needless to say these are incredibly important games, particularly head to head against the Texans if we want to even dream of getting the #1 or #2 seed.

So what happens? How do we fare?

I think just due to overall talent we should beat both the Dolphins and Jets pretty handedly. Neither have an offense that can keep up with ours, even with the discrepancy in defenses. With both the Texans and Niners at home and our track record of being so good at home, I could see us splitting those games even without Gronk. However could just as easily go 0-2 or even 2-0. It's impossible to tell, but I do think the Dolphins/Jets games should be definite wins.

The Pats SHOULD be able to handle Miami and the Jets away....however we all know there have been several times this season where they haven't done what they should be able to.

But realistically, we should win those two games.

Since losing Gronk, our chances of going 2-0 against SF and Houston greatly reduce.

I'm gonna go with the Pats winning the must win game against HOU, and losing the SF game. Both should be very competitive close games.

Losing Gronk has really just put a damper on my outlook for the rest of the regular season. I was hoping we could sneak into a playoff bye, but after the ravens getting lucky tonight, and us not having our #1 offensive weapon, I'd say chances are slim to none.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next 4 weeks comes down to one thing on offense. And that is Brady's ability to connect with Lloyd. And I've repeated this many times, and may be bashed for it, but I question Brady's ability to compliment Lloyd. He just isn't willing to hold the ball long enough for Lloyd to develop his routes, and can't connect a deep ball to save his life. He overthrew Lloyd vastly today, especially on that streak that he missed.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Nihc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be fine, I'm not worried. We should easily beat the Jets and the Fins IMO. Will the Fins have Dansby?

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
terbo559

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know 49ers and Texans are going to bring the heat all game long, and going work on covering the short passes. When Hernandez comes back, we need open our offense more and stretch the field with Hernandez and Lloyd.
scottishpatriot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we all want the bye but let's see if we can secure the division first. We can actually do that before the games against the Texans and 49ers.

If we beat the Jets and Patriots then we will have head to head or divisional tie-breakers against all three teams in the division. If the Bills lose one of their next two then they will all be on seven losses and can no longer overtake the Patriots.

I reckon the Patriots will be in a great position against Houston and San Francisco. Both games are at home. The Patriots are unbeaten in the second half of the season since 2009. They have nothing to lose and will be fired up to keep the streak going and take a game off Houston whose defence suddenly looks a little less impressive.

Knowing that we will be without Gronkowski might help as it will give the other receiving options a chance to press their case. Whatever happens in those games the Patirot sknow they will have Gronk back for any postseason rematch.

The offensive line is strong. Special teams are scoring. Unheralded players are producing and the defence produces turnovers.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottishpatriot wrote:
I know we all want the bye but let's see if we can secure the division first. We can actually do that before the games against the Texans and 49ers.

If we beat the Jets and Patriots then we will have head to head or divisional tie-breakers against all three teams in the division. If the Bills lose one of their next two then they will all be on seven losses and can no longer overtake the Patriots.

I reckon the Patriots will be in a great position against Houston and San Francisco. Both games are at home. The Patriots are unbeaten in the second half of the season since 2009. They have nothing to lose and will be fired up to keep the streak going and take a game off Houston whose defence suddenly looks a little less impressive.

Knowing that we will be without Gronkowski might help as it will give the other receiving options a chance to press their case. Whatever happens in those games the Patirot sknow they will have Gronk back for any postseason rematch.

The offensive line is strong. Special teams are scoring. Unheralded players are producing and the defence produces turnovers.

I don't question our ability to go heads up against that Houston/49er defense. They're good, but can be easily exploited by a team that is prepared on offense. Very winnable games IMO. However, I'm worried about the toll it will take on the team going into the last stretch of the season. And of course, Gronk being out is not gonna help. If there's one thing I've learned about this team through time is that as long as they execute, they will demolish any team. It's not so much they lose because they aren't good enough to win. The last loss where they were just completely demolished from all facets to me was the Saints loss in '09.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
We'll be fine, I'm not worried. We should easily beat the Jets and the Fins IMO. Will the Fins have Dansby?

Easily beat the Jets?

Did you miss the game a few weeks ago where the Jets had the ball in the red zone and were one Hill dropped pass away from beating New England in Foxboro?

The Pats are the better team, but on the road in New Jersey against a team that almost beat them less than a month ago? I have no idea how anyone could say it's an "easy" win. It's a game the Pats should win. And it's a game they might win by a big margin. But it's far from an "easy" victory.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they'll go between 2-2 or 3-1. No way they're not going to win a single game or not lose one.

As long as the Pats make the playoffs that's all I care about. Once there in they have as much chance of winning the Superbowl as anyone else in the playoffs.
Better run better run faster than RG3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: