Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Flying Captain America Heads v. Lucky Horseshoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Colts take a musket shot to the face, or will the Pats get trampled under hoof?
Patriots win
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Colts win
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
friendship wins
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Richter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
Guess it can't even get passed the first page without bringing Manning up eh? Ya, this team and last years team have very little in common.

Anyways, this game could be an old fashioned shoot-out. I might have missed something, but I think the pats have lost to the last two rookie QBs they've faced (Wilson and McCoy back in 2010. Again, may have missed one though). So that may bode well for Andrew. BUT, he's been very meh on the road. 2:7 TD:INT ratio on the road this year. Like some other Colts fans have said, it's going to be a good measuring test for Luck and the rest of the Colts team.

What are you talking about? They already beat Mark Sanchez this year.

Oh, right, he just plays like a rookie.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
Guess it can't even get passed the first page without bringing Manning up eh? Ya, this team and last years team have very little in common.

Anyways, this game could be an old fashioned shoot-out. I might have missed something, but I think the pats have lost to the last two rookie QBs they've faced (Wilson and McCoy back in 2010. Again, may have missed one though). So that may bode well for Andrew. BUT, he's been very meh on the road. 2:7 TD:INT ratio on the road this year. Like some other Colts fans have said, it's going to be a good measuring test for Luck and the rest of the Colts team.

If he doesn't throw for at least 350 on this secondary then he's a bust.

That's the measuring stick Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your d is still top 10 for run defense right? Luck is going to have to sling it regardless I guess. Reggie Wayne could be in for a big day unless he's double and triple covered.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Your d is still top 10 for run defense right? Luck is going to have to sling it regardless I guess. Reggie Wayne could be in for a big day unless he's double and triple covered.
I'm actually more scared of Donnie Avery. He had a huge game against the Pats as a rookie in '08, and then tore his ACL against 'em in preseason '10. I'm sure he'll be extra motivated for this game.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the one thing I've learned over the past couple seasons with this team is that they like to make games that should be a comfortable win very uncomfortable and even a loss in some instances.

As for this game I do believe the Pats SHOULD win by two scores, however who knows if that is what will happen.

I honestly have no idea how the Colts defense is and how it might match up with our weapons.

Can anyone break it down a little bit for me?

Thanks

Sig credit: Deadpulse
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Colton wrote:

If he doesn't throw for at least 350 on this secondary then he's a bust.

That's the measuring stick Laughing
We let Dan Orlovsky throw for 353 yards last year. Dan. Orlovsky. Laughing I'm willing to bet Luck has a huge day.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
We let Dan Orlovsky throw for 353 yards last year. Dan. Orlovsky. Laughing I'm willing to bet Luck has a huge day.

Yeah, 240 of which came in the fourth quarter, which started with the Colts down by 28. If Luck is down by 28 and the Patriots go into the prevent defense, then Luck can do it too. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Passing yards by quarter in that game:
1st: 73
2nd: 0 (seriously)
3rd: 40
4th: 240
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

Yeah, 240 of which came in the fourth quarter, which started with the Colts down by 28. If Luck is down by 28 and the Patriots go into the prevent defense, then Luck can do it too. Otherwise, I doubt it.

They must have realized they were playing with "All-Madden" settings and switched to "Pro" at the start of the 4th.

Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Brady and Luck will put up points. The question is can Luck keep up with Brady?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

We were one Hail Mary away from going to overtime (and likely losing) in that game. I don't care when the yards came - Andrew Luck is better than Orlovsky and if the defense poops itself like it did last year, things won't look pretty for us.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats let Mark Sanchez throw for a 68% comp pct and 328 yards.

I see no reason to think they can hold Luck to anything worse than 65% completion for 380+ yards unless the Colts exploit the Pats softness against draw plays and take the ball out of Luck's hands.
Sciz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
We were one Hail Mary away from going to overtime (and likely losing) in that game. I don't care when the yards came - Andrew Luck is better than Orlovsky and if the defense poops itself like it did last year, things won't look pretty for us.
The Colts were down 7 with 36 seconds and no TOs left and needing to recover an onside kick. There's less than a 1% chance they win the game from that point, considering the onside kick alone has about a 10% chance of success.

And based on last week's game, I'm guessing we're not going to see the prevent defense again for a while. The coaches would rather see 60 minutes of hard defensive play.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
The Colts were down 7 with 36 seconds and no TOs left and needing to recover an onside kick. There's less than a 1% chance they win the game from that point, considering the onside kick alone has about a 10% chance of success.

And based on last week's game, I'm guessing we're not going to see the prevent defense again for a while. The coaches would rather see 60 minutes of hard defensive play.
Well admittedly I had forgotten they also needed to recover the onside kick. But still. I agree with mcmurtry, I don't see any reason to think Luck won't put up astronomical numbers.

Troy Brown wrote:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

The Patriots "regular" pass defense is every bit as abysmal as last year's "prevent" defense. And the troubling thing is that the Pats have gotten destroyed by really mediocre or downright bad QB's. Luck, while far from a polished star, is much better than most of the QB's the Pats have faced thus far.

The Pats have nothing in the way of a consistent pass rush and their secondary would probably be setting records had they faced more than 1 good QB (Manning). That they're giving up a 97.3 opposing QB rating despite having faced Locker, Kolb, Wilson, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, Bradford and Flacco is staggering.

If Andrew Luck doesn't come close to (re-)breaking the rookie QB passing mark, it is because the Pats are able to control the clock and keep him off the field. I honestly think he could put up 450 yards on this defense if the Pats offense can't stay on the field. Luckily for New England, the Colts defense is also putrid.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psh, luck aint doing shiz because CHANDLER is coming to BRING THE CHAOS...
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

Jump to: