Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK (yeah) ING (yeah)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beruuuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: MOCK (yeah) ING (yeah) Reply with quote

Tried to make a more realistic mock that allows us to resign our own inhouse players in 2019 but still keeps us competitive next season. After all, this is a playoff team if we stay healthy in 2016.

Not-Resigned
Position – Player – 2016 Salary
QB – Shaun Hill – $3.25M (Retires)
RB – Matt Asiata – $680k (Moved on from and can't find a job anywhere else. Used as an on-call emergency RB)
WR – Charles Johnson – $600k (One of the guys that didn’t step up and is moved on from. Treadwell takes all his reps)
TE – Rhett Ellison – $1.715M (Deep draft class at TE. Finds a 3 year deal elsewhere. Save the money)
LT – Matt Kalil – $11.096M (Below average LT. Would like to see him try out RT but not worth the money/risk)
LT – Jake Long – $423k (Retires)
RT – Andre Smith – $3.468M (Can’t find a job anywhere else and retires)
DE – Justin Trattou – $650k (Moved on from. Competes for a job somewhere else)
WLB – Chad Greenway – $2.75M (Retires)

Cut
Position – Player – 2017 Cap Savings
RG – Brandon Fusco – $3.2M (Back-to-back underperforming years. Would like to see him restructure but then again our replacements can't be any worse. Clemmings seems like a natural guard to me. Sirles, Berger, and Harris if cleared to play are all capable too)
WR – Jarius Wright – $1.48M (WR is good without him. Gives MoBo a chance to make the team)

Restructured
Position – Player – Contract
RB – Adrian Peterson – 1 yr/$6M (Not my favorite choice, but look at our run game without him. AP will probably be looking for something between $4-6M. Anything more, he should be moved on from)

Resigned
QB – Teddy Bridgewater – $11.357M (2018 5th year option. Still has potential to be our franchise QB if he can recover and stay healthy. Worth the risk to have 2 QBs on roster over $11M in 2018 if Bradford is extended given the importance of the position. At worst we can move on from Floyd to save the cap space)
FB – Zach Line – 2 yrs/$3M (Adequate player. Enough said)
WR – Adam Thielen – 1 yr/$2.879M (1st round tender. Will get his pay day in 2018)
WR – Cordarrelle Patterson – 3 yrs/$18M (Elite returner who showed tremendous route-running progress in 2016. Give up additional cash to have a shorter deal with 3rd year non-guaranteed. Will need to save money once Thielen and Diggs are extended)
WR – Moritz Boeringher – 3 yrs/$1.95M (Given a chance to compete for a spot. At worst he should be a good special teams player)
C – Zac Kerin – 1 yr/$615k (ERFA and depth signing. Only makes the team if additional players get injured or are cut in Camp)
RG – Mike Harris – 1 yr/$2M (If he’s cleared to play, he should be resigned. Low risk/high reward. Given a chance to start in place of Fusco)
RT – Jeremiah Sirles – 1 yr/$1.542M (Original round tender. Versatile player. Given a chance to compete for starting spots at RG and RT)
SLB – Anthony Barr – 1 yr/ $11.952M (2018 5th year option. Played hurt in 2016. Expect strides again in 2017)
MLB – Audie Cole – 1 yr/$750k (Depth signing. Compete for backup MLB spot)
CB – Xavier Rhodes – 5 yrs/$62.5M (Lock him up long-term ASAP. Papers need to be signed prior to Camp)
CB – Captain Munnerlyn – 3 yrs/$15M (PFF has him rated as one of the best nickel corners. Although his play declined from 2015, he’s still a crucial part to our defense playing 65% of snaps. Like Patterson, his 3rd year is non-guaranteed when Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Diggs are free agents)
CB – Terrence Newman – 1 yr/$2M (He’s still got it. Won’t start in 2018 but good depth. Helps recruit free agents – see Whitworth)
P – Jeff Locke – 4 yrs/$10M (Bounce back year. Sign him and focus on other positions)

Free Agents
LT – Andrew Whitworth – 2 yrs/$20M (Bengals can’t resign both Whitworth and Zietler. I believe CIN will focus on retaining their young talent, hence making Whitworth available. We give him a 2 year deal that no one else can match. Most important offseason need is fulfilled. Zimmer and Newman are key components in the recruiting process. Other options: Kevin Zeitler, Riley Reiff, Ricky Wagner, Larry Warford, Ronald Leary)
WLB – Jelani Jenkins – 2 yrs/$5.5M – (Still young at 24 and has plenty of room to develop. The former teammate of Shariff Floyd at Florida ran a 4.5 40 time and also has familiarity with George Edwards in MIA. He will come in and compete for a starting job with Lumar and eliminate one less need in the draft)

Draft
Round – Player – School
Trade 2(14) and 4(15) to LAR for 2(5) – *OT Garett Bolles – Utah (The Rams only have 5 picks in 2017, thus adding an additional pick to move back 10 spots. We target an OT ahead of LAC who will most certainly select OL here. Bolles is an older prospect at 24 with only one year of D1 experience which causes him to fall this far. The top Juco prospect from a year ago has the talent to win the starting RT job outright. Not bad to fill your last starting vacancy early in the 2nd. Other options: Ryan Ramczyk, Roderick Johnson, Antonio Garica, Dion Dawkins)
3(16) – DE Tanoh Kpassagnon – Villanova (Another 3rd round DE. Tanoh is a raw physical freak at 6’7” nearly 290lbs and can provide much needed depth across the DLine. With Robison a free agent next year, Tanoh can learn from Zimmer for a year and take over 3rd down pass rushing duties in 2018. After all, you can never have enough pass rushers. Other options: Jordan Willis, Jarron Jones, Davon Godchaux, Nazair Jones)
3(22) – OT Antonio Garcia – Troy (Probably won’t last this long, but another OL needs to be selected here for depth purposes. Can’t argue we need guys if the starters go down. As mentioned above, look for Clemmings to compete at RG, thus giving Garcia the #1 swing tackle spot. Other options: Forrest Lamp, Taylor Moton, Avery Gennesy, David Sharpe)
4(22) – **RB Joe Mixon – Oklahoma (Oh no you didn’t. Highly controversial prospect. Was a top recruit coming out of high school but punched a woman his freshman year. On the field, he’s a first round talent. Le’Veon Bell comparisons written all over him. But can you get passed the incident? I don’t want to start a debate but everyone deserves a second chance and Zimmer is known to give them, hence Burfict and AP. Speaking about AP, if there’s ever a time for him to be a mentor it would be here. We need to take a risk somewhere given the picks traded for Bradford and using our 4th from MIA is the place to do it. Other options: Brian Hill, Elijah McGuire, James Conner, De’Veon Smith)
5(14) – *TE Adam Shaheen – Ashland (At 6’7” the junior had 16 TDs in 2016. Provides an additional and much needed red zone target. Hopefully he drops this far due to being a D2 prospect. This guy is a beast. Other options: Jeremy Sprinkle, Gerald Everett)
6(16) – *SS Montae Nicholson – Michigan State (Big safety who left school too early but could flourish under Zimmer. Brings in competition to our previous late round safety selections Exum, Harris, and Kearse. Hopefully we finally hit on an eventually replacement for Sendejo. Other options: Tony Conner, Demetrious Cox)
7(15) – WR Mack Hollins – North Carolina (Big 6’4” vertical threat. Special teams captain for UNC. Will compete with MoBo or a spot. Other options: Josh Reynolds, Fred Ross)

Depth Chart
Position – Players
QB – Bradford, Bridgewater, Heinicke
RB – Peterson, McKinnon, Mixon
FB – Line, Morgan
TE – Rudolph, Shaheen, Morgan, Pruitt
WR – Diggs, Patterson, Boeringher
WR – Thielen, Treadwell, Hollins
LT – Whitworth, Garcia
LG – Boone, Sirles
C – Berger, Easton, Kerin
RG – Harris, Sirles, Clemmings, Berger, Beavers
RT – Bolles, Garcia, Clemmings
LDE – Hunter, Robison
NT – Joseph, Stephen, Johnson
UT – Floyd, Johnson, Kpassagnon
RDE – Griffen, Kpassagnon, Weatherly
SLB – Barr, Robinson
MLB – Kendricks, Cole, Brothers
WLB – Lamur, Jenkins
LCB – Waynes, Newman, Price
RCB – Rhodes, Alexander
SLT – Munnerlyn, Sherels
FS – Smith, Harris, Exum
SS – Sendejo, Kearse, Nicholson
LS – McDermott
K – Forbath
P – Locke
KR – Patterson, Mixon
PR – Sherels, Thielen

Last edited by beruuuu on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new dude on board!

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
beruuuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah haha long time reader, first time poster...
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself in the INTRO thread.

$6M per year for Patterson seems a bit steep, and I think that is waaay too much money for Locke. I just think we can do better than Locke.

Whitworth would be a great signing if we can't land one of the young guys like Wagner or Reiff. Those two might get massive contracts this year, so getting a Pro Bowl LT like Whitworth for a cheaper deal just because of his age might be a great idea.

Jelani Jenkins seems like exactly the type of FA that Rick would bring in. He is a young, athletic player who could have a lot of upside without breaking the bank.

It'll be interesting to see if Newman sticks around. It seemed like his play started to fall off towards the end of the year, and 38 is OLD. Maybe Zim convinces him to come back even just as a depth guy to help out the yutes.

I don't think Garcia makes it to the middle of the 2nd round. I'd probably replace Bolles with Garcia and find a different OL for the 3rd round. I like the trade in the 2nd round though, that makes a lot of sense.

Kpassagnon definitely seems like the type of DL that Zimmer would love.

Now way we touch Joe Mixon. Zimmer might be OK with giving him a 2nd chance, but no way Spielman brings him in, especially with AP still on the team. It would just be bad for business.

Tell me more about Adam Shaheen... 6'7" and caught 16 TDs?? That is exactly what this team needs.

Great job! You should definitely help out with FFMD once that gets going..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitworth is worth 10m/?

he's a great player, but how is that cheap?

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Whitworth is worth 10m/?

he's a great player, but how is that cheap?

It is probably less than what Reiff or Wagner is going to get, and would put him outside the top-10 in terms of LT contracts. For someone that went to the Pro Bowl the last two years I would say that is a pretty good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Thielen accept that deal?

I also think that AD will want more than a one year contract. However if he agreed to that deal I wouldn't complain.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the signings ... and its moderately realistic ... less just assume the money is slightly off but players get on board.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Why would Thielen accept that deal?

I also think that AD will want more than a one year contract. However if he agreed to that deal I wouldn't complain.

It's a restricted free agent tender for Thielen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: