Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AP Weekly Rushing Record Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he gets to the point where he passes up Terry Allen this year. Sadly, because our team isn't winning he won't be the MVP of the league ala Chris Johnson a few years back.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
And imagine what he could do if the team could threaten anybody passing the ball.

While certainly AD deserves 90% of the credit, let's not discount what Matt Kalil's impact has been on the running game.

Imagine what Peterson would be doing if we had a legitimate guard next Kalil?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
disaacs wrote:
And imagine what he could do if the team could threaten anybody passing the ball.

While certainly AD deserves 90% of the credit, let's not discount what Matt Kalil's impact has been on the running game.

3k.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this morning that Peterson is currently on pace for something like 1,928 yards.

we all know 2,000 is his goal.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i read this morning that Peterson is currently on pace for something like 1,928 yards.

Yup to get to 2000 a player needs to average exactly 125 yards per game and Peterson sits and 120 and some change. However, the last four games his average has steadily been climbing and I would expect that to continue as all of our remaining games are on turf (home vs GB, CHI and @HOU, STL).
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I dont think the Guards have been that bad as run blockers. They have been bad as pass blockers no doubt, but the Oline deserves a lot of credit for Peterson's success as well. I have never seen so many gaping holes for Peterson to run through since 2007.

Imagine though, if this team had a Carl Nicks type LG.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Yup to get to 2000 a player needs to average exactly 125 yards per game and Peterson sits and 120 and some change. However, the last four games his average has steadily been climbing and I would expect that to continue as all of our remaining games are on turf (home vs GB, CHI and @HOU, STL).

That's because unlike AP, his would-be tacklers are mere mortals, and tire towards the end of the season.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting tidbit: I just saw LaDainian Tomlinson on NFL Network and he said that if we give AD the carries, he thinks he will get to the 2,000 yard mark this year. He's a guy who knows a thing or two about rushing the football. Cool

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
An interesting tidbit: I just saw LaDainian Tomlinson on NFL Network and he said that if we give AD the carries, he thinks he will get to the 2,000 yard mark this year. He's a guy who knows a thing or two about rushing the football. Cool

I hope AD gets 2k but I don't see how anyone doesn't stack the box from here on out.

Plus I think the rest of the games are against pretty good run defenses?
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorty McFast wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

I hope AD gets 2k but I don't see how anyone doesn't stack the box from here on out.

Plus I think the rest of the games are against pretty good run defenses?

They've been stacking it already...
---

If you look at pure yardage, Houston is 3rd, Chicago is 10th, St Louis is 14th, Green Bay is 16th.

However, when looking at yards per attempt, St Louis is 13th, Houston is 14th, Green Bay is 23rd, and Chicago is 25th.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorty McFast wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

As Klomp stated, they've stacked the box all year, which is why you see the long runs from him. Once he gets to the second level, there's no one left to tackle him.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opponents have stacked the box against him his entire career!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about it before, but that might be the reason AP had his worse ypc during the 1 season we had a legitimate passing attack. The safeties were staying back and that took away a lot of his long runs.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely LOVE the fact opponents stack the box on the Vikes . . . yes, he gets tackled for 0 - 3 yards a lot, but when Adrian blows through the hole and the first guy misses, how many are left back there to get him? Wink

I wouldn't be surprised if in one of the four remaining games he breaks his own single game rushing record.

If he does go for 300 in one game, that puts the rest of the year at under a 100 per game to make 2,000.

However, I bet he'd be happier to finish with 1999 yards and make the playoffs, run into the SB and win it rather than get 2106 yards and sit home. Of course 2106+ yards, a Super Bowl win and MVP trophy would probably take the cake!
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it selfish of me for not wanting him to go for 300? I was at the Chargers game, I don't want it to be de-throwned. My heart dropped when Doug Martin was running crazy verse Raiders. Will always blame Childress for not getting him to 300.

I truly hated that man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: