Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AP Weekly Rushing Record Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I wouldn't expect much progress up the charts in their next game...Adrian has notoriously struggled vs. the Panthers...although this will be the first time they've got the Panthers at home since Adrian's 2nd year (the last 2 times were in Carolina).

31. Earl Campbell+ 9,407 1978-1985 2TM
32. A Peterson (27) 9,270 2007-2013 min

Peterson needs 138 rush yards to pass Campbell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:
I wouldn't expect much progress up the charts in their next game...Adrian has notoriously struggled vs. the Panthers...although this will be the first time they've got the Panthers at home since Adrian's 2nd year (the last 2 times were in Carolina).

Wow, that's good company for AD to be in. As one of the ancients who was lucky enough to see Earl Campbell in his day, I can tell you young guys that he was one of the most dominant running backs who has ever played the game. It's too bad there aren't more highlight videos of him on YouTube for people to watch.

If I remember correctly, Campbell was awarded the League MVP two years in a row. In addition to surpassing his rushing yard totals, let's hope AD can match this accomplishment as well.

When considering how great Earl Campbell was, it is really cool to think that we have a guy who might be even better.

Go AD!!!!!

El Raymundo wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
As much as I love AD as a player, it's going to be kind of sad when he passes Earl Campbell on the all time list. Earl is one of my favorite football players of all time, and I believe he was a Top 5 RB of all time too.

I always liked Campbell too. The dude's thighs were like the size of my torso when I was a kid! And that run where his jersey gets ripped off...so much fun to watch.

Definitely, El Rey! I also remember watching him in a Monday Night game when they just kept giving him the ball play after play and there was practically nothing the defense could do to stop him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Wow, that's good company for AD to be in. As one of the ancients who was lucky enough to see Earl Campbell in his day, I can tell you young guys that he was one of the most dominant running backs who has ever played the game. It's too bad there aren't more highlight videos of him on YouTube for people to watch.

If I remember correctly, Campbell was awarded the League MVP two years in a row. In addition to surpassing his rushing yard totals, let's hope AD can match this accomplishment as well.

When considering how great Earl Campbell was, it is really cool to think that we have a guy who might be even better.

Go AD!!!!!

El Raymundo wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
As much as I love AD as a player, it's going to be kind of sad when he passes Earl Campbell on the all time list. Earl is one of my favorite football players of all time, and I believe he was a Top 5 RB of all time too.

I always liked Campbell too. The dude's thighs were like the size of my torso when I was a kid! And that run where his jersey gets ripped off...so much fun to watch.

Definitely, El Rey! I also remember watching him in a Monday Night game when they just kept giving him the ball play after play and there was practically nothing the defense could do to stop him.

You are correct 1978-1979. Being too young to see him play, he looked like a dominating beast in his early days. Another case of a guy being ridden hard his first 4 seasons and and fizzling off at the age of 30 with injuries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the tail end of Campbell's career. Adrian's power running is often compared to that of Campbell, in that Campbell used to run over defensive players just like AD does. In fact, that's pretty much all he did...as he had nowhere near the elusiveness that AD does.

This is probably his most famous run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y_KZwOq9g

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson is far more like Jim Brown than Campbell.

which is probably why Brown likes him so much.

Very Happy

to get off tangent... i loved Jim Brown as a player and as an actor too. he had a GREAT (but small) role as the defensive coordinator for Al Pacino's pro team in Any Given Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdB9qsN7UTI

player: "Coach, you're gonna have a stroke."

Brown: "I don't get strokes, I give 'em!"

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Go AD!!!!!

El Raymundo wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

You are correct 1978-1979. Being too young to see him play, he looked like a dominating beast in his early days. Another case of a guy being ridden hard his first 4 seasons and and fizzling off at the age of 30 with injuries.

He also played back in the days when they were just starting to use artificial turf. Back then, it was basically just a thin layer of green foam with white lines painted on it, and it was laid on top of cement in the dome the Oilers played in. That probably didn't help either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson already ahead of his pace from last year. Dancing
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Peterson also gets four games against the NFC East, seems like all of those defense are questionable. Three remaining divisional home games as well, it seems the schedule should be favorable for Peterson to have a big year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the bye week now behind Peterson he is still 2nd in the league in rushing behind only McCoy. Can't wait to watch him again on Sunday. SKOL!!!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Peterson also gets four games against the NFC East, seems like all of those defense are questionable. Three remaining divisional home games as well, it seems the schedule should be favorable for Peterson to have a big year.

He may be ahead of last year's pace, but he's still only on pace for 1600-1700 yards...but that'd still be 200 yds more than any other 2K rusher did in their following season.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for picking up the thread while I was traveling, Purplexing. Much obliged. La Raymunda and I just got back from our trip last night, so I'll pick things up again with this week's game against Carolina. (Edited: I had the Giants here first - had the schedule messed up.)

BTW, this pic I took of an asura (demon) on the bridge leading through the South Gate into Angkor Thom in Cambodia is how I felt after the Vikes lost to Cleveland.

Then we beat the Steelers and signed Josh Freeman and I was all like this Cambodian kid at Banteay Srei:

Hope for the future! Skol Vikes!

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
Thanks for picking up the thread while I was traveling, Purplexing. Much obliged. La Raymunda and I just got back from our trip last night, so I'll pick things up again with this week's game against Carolina. (Edited: I had the Giants here first - had the schedule messed up.)

BTW, this pic I took of an asura (demon) on the bridge leading through the South Gate into Angkor Thom in Cambodia is how I felt after the Vikes lost to Cleveland.

Then we beat the Steelers and signed Josh Freeman and I was all like this Cambodian kid at Banteay Srei:

Hope for the future! Skol Vikes!

I am on my way to Singapore, Some Reap, Bangkok and Phuket today! I am seriously looking forward to seeing Angkor Wat!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Peterson has been in South Dakota for two days with an excused absence to deal with "a personal family matter."

reports from the town he was spotted in say there is a child in critical condition who was abused by a man who's been arrested with the last name Patterson.

SodakViking, we need updates!!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
so Peterson has been in South Dakota for two days with an excused absence to deal with "a personal family matter."

reports from the town he was spotted in say there is a child in critical condition who was abused by a man who's been arrested with the last name Patterson.

I have no idea what was going on. I've heard he just wanted a couple days with his daughter in peace and quiet. one of my professors evidently hung out with him, and didn't even tell me. could you imagine? i was THIS close to hanging with AD and getting to shake his hand!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

but i'm not bitter.

i didn't hear anything about the child.

Oh, and when the news started spreading throughout sioux falls, one of the local bars said if he came by, there would be a free hour of Fireshot whiskey shots. really classy.

yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I have no idea what was going on. I've heard he just wanted a couple days with his daughter in peace and quiet. one of my professors evidently hung out with him, and didn't even tell me. could you imagine? i was THIS close to hanging with AD and getting to shake his hand!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

but i'm not bitter.

i didn't hear anything about the child.

Oh, and when the news started spreading throughout sioux falls, one of the local bars said if he came by, there would be a free hour of Fireshot whiskey shots. really classy.

Your hand thanks you. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXx3RfFc4Q

This is a strange story though, hopefully everything turns out well for Peterson and his family.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 16 of 24

Jump to: