Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: WR discussion Reply with quote

It's pretty obvious that most of us would like the Skins to end up with Williams or Edwards with their 9th pick. It's probably unlikely, but that's not what I want to talk about. I want to know what type of receiver you all think the Skins need, and who the top draft candidates compare to. Your reasoning for each would be appreciated.

I want us to compare the receiver to a current NFL star. I don't mean that the prospect is as good, just that they are similar types of players

Here's mine:

Mike Williams: I think he'll be a lot like Keyshawn Johnson (or any other great possesion receiver without breakaway speed). He'll catch everything, but won't be making a whole bunch of big plays downfield. Great guy to have in the red zone and whenever you need a big catch for a first down.

Braylon Edwards: I'd put him in the mold of T.O. Same size, same speed (I think), and great playmaking ability. Someone you can count on in any situation. Not necissarily a big downfield threat.

Troy Williamson: I think he could be the next Tory Holt. Great speed, and great hands which makes him a huge downfield threat.

Mark Clayton: I'm torn between Marvin Harrison and a healthy L.C. I'm going to go with L.C. though. Out of this entire group I think he will be the best receiver after the catch. He has the speed to get downfield too, but is small enough to get bullied at the line.

With all of that said, I think I like Edwards or Williamson. I'd rather trade down and get a 2nd rounder than go up and lose who knows what. Therefore, I go with Williamson.

BTW, up until a couple minutes ago, I was all for Williams at 9 or trade down and take Clayton. Let us know if thinking this out a little more changes your mind.
SeanTaylor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Chris Henry out of West Virginia??
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did the WRs that I think the Skins will consider with a 1st round pick. IMO, he's not one of them. Please feel free to include him in your list though.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really think mike williams is the best out of all of them i think he runs faster with the ball then when he doesnt have it 2nd o fall we have patrick rampsey he is still young and may not make the most accurate pass but if we had mike he catches anything near him and we do need some redzone help we practicly got a feild goal every time we were down there so i go with mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: