You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why we should root for the Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I'm not rooting for anyone except Denver.

Although if ET were willing to slide some $$$ my way, perhaps I could be persuaded to want them to win.

Whattaya say?? Wink

Man, I'm broke. Got an infant son, a wife going back to school...diapers, formula, tuition, books...I'm broke man, BROKE!

Give ME money, if anything. Sad

and man i saw your FB... you got doo doo on yo face and tie.. your shoes.. your phone... just everywhere...

infant son? infant lion cub... Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post of the day.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I root for the Texans because they have my favorite player: Arian Foster. When there not playing the Skins or the Pats of course.

Thanks to Mike23MD for the Sig
sayheykid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some teams, hate some others and I'm mostly indifferent to the rest but I only root for one team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
I really don't like when people insinuate that one way of winning a SB is any better than another. I'd win it kicking only field goals all year long if I could. It doesn't matter at all.

That said, the Texans are a division rival, and one whose fanbase has suddenly gotten so high and mighty after 1 good season, so I prefer if they fail miserably where they belong. Twisted Evil Wink

Funny how you mention that when Colts fans are doing the same thing now that they have Luck. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
I really don't like when people insinuate that one way of winning a SB is any better than another. I'd win it kicking only field goals all year long if I could. It doesn't matter at all.

That said, the Texans are a division rival, and one whose fanbase has suddenly gotten so high and mighty after 1 good season, so I prefer if they fail miserably where they belong. Twisted Evil Wink

Funny how you mention that when Colts fans are doing the same thing now that they have Luck. Wink

We've been high and mighty since 1999, your point is invalid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Not really. When the Colts were bad last season, no Colts fans were talking about them. Yet when they get Luck and are 6-3 Colts fans are all high and mighty. It's basically what you are saying about the Texans. We have been bad/mediocre for 9 years and the 9th season when we are finally good we are all cocky. Which is basically wrong. I react to my team the same way good or bad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Not really. When the Colts were bad last season, no Colts fans were talking about them. Yet when they get Luck and are 6-3 Colts fans are all high and mighty. It's basically what you are saying about the Texans. We have been bad/mediocre for 9 years and the 9th season when we are finally good we are all cocky. Which is basically wrong. I react to my team the same way good or bad.

There's like, 3 Colts fans on this site Laughing.

Even still, I for one was rubbing it in people's faces that we were getting Andrew Luck right off the back of Peyton Manning.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Why we should root for the Texans Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
IMO, a team this complete should win the SB more often. It's not that I dislike QB's at all, but if I had my choice I would want my team to win a SB with a team like this other than with a Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees type team. Those teams have been dominated by their QB and if they went down they are pretty much done....so the SB seems like less of a team accomplishment and more of a one man show.

Schaub is a very good QB, but if he went down this year, I could still see the Texans having a chance to win the SB...not because the dropoff between him and the backup isn't quite a bit, but because of their style and how good they are in every facet.

The Giants were not exactly QB dominated, but they simply weren't good enough either year if Eli went down...same for the Steelers with Big Ben, IMO...although they are the closest in recent memory. Those Rams teams were great cuz they also had the great running game even with a dominant QB, although their D was just good not great.

So I'd really like to see the Texans take it this year...The Schaub/Foster combo really reminds me of Green/Holmes as well as having one great receiving threat with Andre/Tony, the Texans just have the D to go along with it. If they win, they'd be the truly greatest all around team in recent memory.

Anyone else want to see this or do you prefer a QB dominated team to win it?

Not really sure what this means......but I do know that this is a quarterback's league and you need a good/great one to stand a chance of winning a Super Bowl. You can have a great running game and a great defense, but you NEED a quarterback to execute. The quarterbacks you just mentioned as having a team "like this" over have accounted for winning seven of the last nine Super Bowls (Roethlisberger winning the other two) whereas the Schaub led Texans have ZERO.

I'll take my chances with the proof in the pudding Laughing

I'm still having a tough time figuring out what "QB dominated" means ?? Are you referring to teams with proven elite quarterbacks ?? Because you'd be a fool to say you don't want one of them....

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the texans win the super bowl, my best friend will never let me hear the end of it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know we could be that Spread em out passing game like the saints and cards if we wanted 2 .....IF !!!!!!!!!!

18 Lestar Jean
82 Keshawn Martin
11 DeVier Posey

ever decided tho show up now i know thoes arent House hold names but thoes guyz along with ANdre johnson all 4 spead outwide coud be scary but i know our WR corps is nothing compared to other teams like ATL and other but IMO its the best its ever been since 05

i hope we do win the SB this year but it will be tough the NFC seems beast this year facing the packers Giants or Falcons will be a Nightmare in the Superdome on that fast track field
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I think the Texans offense would be mediocre at absolute best without Schaub and that he is one of their best players by far. If you ask me, I would be the contrarian to the OP and say that aside from Duane Brown, Schaub is the only guy on the Texans offense for which there isn't a potentially capable replacement.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Why we should root for the Texans Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Anyone else want to see this or do you prefer a QB dominated team to win it?
Not really sure what this means......but I do know that this is a quarterback's league and you need a good/great one to stand a chance of winning a Super Bowl. You can have a great running game and a great defense, but you NEED a quarterback to execute. The quarterbacks you just mentioned as having a team "like this" over have accounted for winning seven of the last nine Super Bowls (Roethlisberger winning the other two) whereas the Schaub led Texans have ZERO.

I'll take my chances with the proof in the pudding Laughing

I'm still having a tough time figuring out what "QB dominated" means ?? Are you referring to teams with proven elite quarterbacks ?? Because you'd be a fool to say you don't want one of them....

It means you are completely reliant on your QB on the offensive side of the ball...if he goes out your team is garbage or in some cases average, but no longer a contender to win. Schaub is just about as good as Eli or Big Ben, but the team doesn't rely on him near as much because they are more balanced offensively and have a great D.

I do want an elite QB, I'm only saying if I could choose i'd take a more balanced team like Hou rather than a team like Indy that depends so much on their QB. A team like the '09 Vikings had an elite QB, but were well balanced....that's the kind of team I prefer.

Why doesn't Big Ben count in the 9? He's better than Eli, but I consider neither team QB dominated, because they play better D, and run the ball more than NE,NO, or Indy, just not at the level of the Texans or the '09 Vikings.

This has nothing to do with not wanting an elite QB, I personally just enjoy watching/rooting for a more well rounded team and I HOPE more teams like that will start winning SB's....that doesn't mean they will.

QB's are always gonna be the most important position, I just don't like to see it every year when it's not even close as to who was the biggest reason for each team making the SB....it diminishes the rest of the team and if it was my team, i'd prefer it was more equal. IF the Texans made it, Schaub may be the biggest reason why, but it's not gonna be as obvious.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!! EW!

Laughing

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
dsorc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing the Texans win the SB. Unless you're a division rival, it's hard not cheer for an expansion team that has finally emerged.

Can they do it without Schaub? Absolutely not. I don't care how good every other facet is, at some the QB will have to make some throws and win a game.

And when was the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a backup QB?

I would like to see what the Texans can do in the playoffs with a healthy Matt Schaub.

Tom Brady in 2001-02 (but then again he hasn't given up the reins since)
Trent Dilfer in 2000-01 (perfect example of a team winning irrelevant of QB)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked the Texans because they've always stunk...now that they're relevant I like seeing them succeed. I'd be happy to see them win the Super Bowl...not like my Jets are going there any time soon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: