You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why we should root for the Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about.. no.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing them in the Super Bowl if the Packers make it as well. Who wouldn't be entertained by Aaron Rodgers shattering every Super Bowl record?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Ben out and the Steelers season pretty much over, this is who Im cheering for to make the SB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
You need to take off the tinfoil hat, and stop this witch hunt.

I'm sorry, but sigged. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole premise is flawed. You must be a complete team to win the Super Bowl.

Now, how you define complete might vary.

It seems as though you want it to mean the team with the least separation between offensive and defensive quality and least separation between ability to run and pass.

This isn't necessarily the best formula, however.

If you can create an elite unit, you do it. New Orleans had an elite passing game and a very good rushing attack when they won. Green Bay had a top 2 defense and an elite QB and elite WR group when they won.

There's no good reason why anyone should root for a more balanced team. It's just as much (if not more) fun to watch at elite unit at work.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
If the Texans start TJ Yates? They don't reach the SB. Happened last season too with the same exact team.

A strong team? Absolutely, but they aren't winning the SB without a great QB. Schaub IS a great QB.

He's a solid QB. They have a great offense. If the they get to the superbowl, it wont need to be on Schuab's arm...that is by no means the deal-breaker

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
It's just as much (if not more) fun to watch at elite unit at work.

This is the truth. Special wins in the NFL.

Look at the Giants both times they won - their pass rush AND Eli Manning were playing out of their minds. And that isn't saying Houston isn't special - they can be up front on both sides of the ball(too bad Cushing is out though).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind them winning it for two reasons:

1. Their fans have had to sit through bad football for many years en route to this moment, and i applaud the loyalty without the strong history.

2. I'm really sick of hearing about the cowboys all the time. Maybe the new kid on the block will silence the media a bit by establishing a new team in texas (similar to what the clippers are doing to the lakers)

How bout them....texans?

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
T1TANS f4n LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day I root for the Texans is the day Hell freezes over. I hope they're ousted in their first playoff game this year.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
The day I root for the Texans is the day Hell freezes over. I hope they're ousted in their first playoff game this year.

Pfft.. a true Texan hater would be rooting for them to lose out, resulting in the Colts winning the division and 8-8 not getting them the wild card.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like when people insinuate that one way of winning a SB is any better than another. I'd win it kicking only field goals all year long if I could. It doesn't matter at all.

That said, the Texans are a division rival, and one whose fanbase has suddenly gotten so high and mighty after 1 good season, so I prefer if they fail miserably where they belong. Twisted Evil Wink

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
...one whose fanbase has suddenly gotten so high and mighty after 1 good season...

I've been high and mighty since...forever. It's good to be the king, you know? Laughing

Honestly, I do believe that some of this success has got to some folks' head. The sad part about the city of Houston is that there are a good amount of "bandwagon" fans, fans who will suddenly go all in, only when the coast is clear and the team is winning. There's no sense of humility because they didn't bother checking in on this team when they were 2-14 and David Carr was getting bludgeoned on a daily basis. Not being there for the bad times puts you in a position to over-exemplify the good times, you know? So, now they come on board and act as if they have some right to be obnoxious. I see it all the time on my Facebook feeds...and from a few members here (won't name names, but you know who you are. Santa will be giving you a lump of coal this year. I know, I made his list for him this year).

It's not just the Texans, mind you - same things happen when the Astros and Rockets start to pick it up (although it seems like decades ago when those two teams were good...) I'm guilty of being bandwagon-ish with THESE two teams, but I've been on the Texans bandwagon since it was announced Houston is getting the 32nd franchise over Los Angeles. There IS a sense of pride with that - but with seeing how bad things can be, and watching how "bad" quickly comes up to bite a franchise in the NFL, I'm...well, humble isn't the word. I understand how quickly fortunes can turn, so instead of rubbing it in EVERYONE'S face (there are a scant few I dance in front of, just because I CAN) I try to act as if I've been there before...even though I HAVEN'T been there before.

So...you know...yeah. I see where you're coming from. Sorry about that, man.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind seeing the Texans win the SB. Unless you're a division rival, it's hard not cheer for an expansion team that has finally emerged.

Can they do it without Schaub? Absolutely not. I don't care how good every other facet is, at some the QB will have to make some throws and win a game.

And when was the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a backup QB?

I would like to see what the Texans can do in the playoffs with a healthy Matt Schaub.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a single thing I don't like about how this Texans team is built. It's my ideal team. Granted Schaub is going to crowned an elite QB when the Texans win the Super Bowl this year.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason: they were my preseason Super Bowl pick. I have never been right on a preseason Super Bowl pick before.

The Texans are the best team in the NFL. I think they could end up being this decade's Pittsburgh Steelers.
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Don't Mess With....Concussions.....

Will now watch the Houston Texans very carefully to see how they progress through the season and the playoffs. Are they just a NO Saints knock off?

If the NFL does more than talk a good game and actually does something about that crazy hit Wade Phillips put on Bears QB Jay Cutler, a Texas sized hit needs to be put on those Texans. Wink

This again!? Didn't we air out our issues in another thread?

BTW - To debunk your "headhunting/retaliation" witch hunt that has zero evidence to point towards it, I take you back to week 3, Broncos/Texans:

This is a hit on Texans QB Matt Schaub, delivered by Broncos LB Joe Mays. This hit caused Schaub to lose a portion of his earlobe, was a clear helmet to helmet hit with no intent outside of knocking Schaub out, and it earned Mays a $50,000 fine and a one game suspension. It was Mays' 2nd hit of this nature this season, the first coming to Atlanta Falcon QB Matt Ryan.

You would think if ANY team had a reason to retaliate, it would be the Texans...and the man on the other sideline was Peyton Manning, a long time antagonist of the Houston Texans, a man coming off of four neck surgeries and primed to suffer a major injury with one big hit. Yet, in that game...did the Texans start to head hunt? Did JJ Watt gun for Manning's neck and head, looking to land Manning into a wheel chair? Was there ANY form of retaliation from this "NO Saints knock off" team that would lend any sort of credibility to your statement and stance?

No.

Manning played the entire game, was sacked two more times afterwards, but none of those hits would even be deemed excessive by anyone's stance. So, I SERIOUSLY don't understand why you feel as if the Texans are some head hunting unit, outside of your QB falling victim to an unfortunate set of circumstances, one that will lead to a hefty fine for Tim Dobbins.

You need to take off the tinfoil hat, and stop this witch hunt.

Interesting, point. Wasn't aware of that incident. The culture of football has to change. Not good for business or public health. Most of the real damage occurs in h.s. But the players, coaches and parents watch the NFL elite play at a different level.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: