You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why we should root for the Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could ever root for the Texans.

#MTGA
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Don't Mess With....Concussions.....

Will now watch the Houston Texans very carefully to see how they progress through the season and the playoffs. Are they just a NO Saints knock off?

If the NFL does more than talk a good game and actually does something about that crazy hit Wade Phillips put on Bears QB Jay Cutler, a Texas sized hit needs to be put on those Texans. Wink

Wade Phillips put a hit on Jay Cutler?

Please. The hit Cutler was hurt on, he was becoming a runner. He was outside the pocket, heck he was flagged for being over the line of scrimmage. If that was a hit in the pocket, maybe you are right, something should be done, but it wasn't. Cutler was behaving as a runner and loses all the special protection QBs are supposed to get.

Incidentally, wasn't Vick's concussion also on a down field run? Alex Smith too, right? I know both of the concussions Aaron Rodgers has gotten in his career came on downfield runs. QBs have protections afforded to them if they want to play safe. The trouble usually comes when they are fighting for every yard.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Don't Mess With....Concussions.....

Will now watch the Houston Texans very carefully to see how they progress through the season and the playoffs. Are they just a NO Saints knock off?

If the NFL does more than talk a good game and actually does something about that crazy hit Wade Phillips put on Bears QB Jay Cutler, a Texas sized hit needs to be put on those Texans. Wink

This again!? Didn't we air out our issues in another thread?

BTW - To debunk your "headhunting/retaliation" witch hunt that has zero evidence to point towards it, I take you back to week 3, Broncos/Texans:

This is a hit on Texans QB Matt Schaub, delivered by Broncos LB Joe Mays. This hit caused Schaub to lose a portion of his earlobe, was a clear helmet to helmet hit with no intent outside of knocking Schaub out, and it earned Mays a $50,000 fine and a one game suspension. It was Mays' 2nd hit of this nature this season, the first coming to Atlanta Falcon QB Matt Ryan.

You would think if ANY team had a reason to retaliate, it would be the Texans...and the man on the other sideline was Peyton Manning, a long time antagonist of the Houston Texans, a man coming off of four neck surgeries and primed to suffer a major injury with one big hit. Yet, in that game...did the Texans start to head hunt? Did JJ Watt gun for Manning's neck and head, looking to land Manning into a wheel chair? Was there ANY form of retaliation from this "NO Saints knock off" team that would lend any sort of credibility to your statement and stance?

No.

Manning played the entire game, was sacked two more times afterwards, but none of those hits would even be deemed excessive by anyone's stance. So, I SERIOUSLY don't understand why you feel as if the Texans are some head hunting unit, outside of your QB falling victim to an unfortunate set of circumstances, one that will lead to a hefty fine for Tim Dobbins.

You need to take off the tinfoil hat, and stop this witch hunt.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not rooting for anyone except Denver.

Although if ET were willing to slide some $$$ my way, perhaps I could be persuaded to want them to win.

Whattaya say?? Wink

Thanks, Tzimisce
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with them winning the SB this year if the Steelers don't, but they really need to go on a losing streak first so they can't be resting Foster in week 16.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Although if ET were willing to slide some $$$ my way, perhaps I could be persuaded to want them to win.

Whattaya say?? Wink

Man, I'm broke. Got an infant son, a wife going back to school...diapers, formula, tuition, books...I'm broke man, BROKE!

Give ME money, if anything. Sad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
I'm cool with them winning the SB this year if the Steelers don't, but they really need to go on a losing streak first so they can't be resting Foster in week 16.

No losing streak needed, just hope that Indy keeps on pace and actually beats Houston IN Houston. Then, the Texans have a one game lead on the Colts, with two games left - one of those two AT Indy.

It's safe to say that the Colts' resurgance and the development of Andrew Luck have me scared to no end. Just as it seems that Peyton the Pain is gone, Andrew the Agitator shows up.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
you missed the point...take out those teams QB and they are toast, regardless of their defense contributing a little bit. With the Texans, you take out their QB, they still got a good shot.

That's where you lose me. You can suppose this, but I doubt it's the case. They probably end up making the playoffs anyway, because of their division and record to this point, but if Schaub were to go down, the Texans go from being a contender to being a long shot.

Fair comment, but lest we forget - Texans had to deal with this last season, when both Matt Schaub and Matt Leinert went down in consecutive weeks with season ending injuries. The Texans were forced to rely on 5th round rookie QB TJ Yates, and while the Texans lost some steam in that stretch (7-3 prior to the injuries, 3-3 the remainder of the way) but they still managed to win a playoff game in that stretch.

Not exactly Super Bowl contending, but a strong showing from a unit comprised of guys making their first playoff appearance in their NFL career.

That was my thinking as well...they should be even better this year as well as Yates having a whole year under his belt. They were very close to beating the Ravens and being one game away from the SB. IF Schaub were to go down and they face the Pats at home this year, I'm taking the Texans....and hear what i'm saying, they still have a CHANCE. I'm not saying they should even still be a favorite, but if this happens to other teams they are completely out of it.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have one of the most likable rosters from super cool classy down to earth guys like Shaubster Aarian Foster Johnthan Joseph Brooks Reed JJ Watt Brian Cushing and they put together a sexy fun product to watch... There fan base is dope and seems to be the opposite of Dallas Cowboys fans which is amazing considering they share State hood but Texans fans are down to earth fun and real dudes ... Love that there fan base beat the living crap out of the Dallas fan base when Dallas fans tried to tail gate there invite ... classic...

Arian Foster is a Vegan which is just think is amazing. I love how deep he is and always thinking about the world and his life in the bigger picture not just touch downs and money.. the NFL needs more guys like Foster who are paving the new way for new kinda athlete.. He is a real role model hes straight truth ..dude its remarkable for some one who is in his shoes.

Where do i sign up! bandwagon me bro.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, now let me tell you why you should root for the Raiders Laughing
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Whattaya say?? Wink

Man, I'm broke. Got an infant son, a wife going back to school...diapers, formula, tuition, books...I'm broke man, BROKE!

and man i saw your FB... you got doo doo on yo face and tie.. your shoes.. your phone... just everywhere...

infant son? infant lion cub... Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Whattaya say?? Wink

and man i saw your FB... you got doo doo on yo face and tie.. your shoes.. your phone... just everywhere...

Sounds like a howler monkey to me Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Whattaya say?? Wink

Yeah, wife got a hold of my cell phone on that one. She likes to mess with me, but that's why I love her so.

BTW - You make my day brighter, B60. You do. Very Happy

Quote:

Sharks is his thing, now. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was really cute. But no. I am still rooting for the Packers. My second team is whomever is playing the Bears. My third team is whomever is playing the Chiefs.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Renegades5544

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Arian Foster is a Vegan which is just think is amazing. I love how deep he is and always thinking about the world and his life in the bigger picture not just touch downs and money.. the NFL needs more guys like Foster who are paving the new way for new kinda athlete.. He is a real role model hes straight truth ..dude its remarkable for some one who is in his shoes.

This is pretty much what I was coming in to say and why I would love to see the Texans win a SB. Foster is not only a joy to watch (I don't know if I've ever seen a smoother runner, although I haven't been watching for as long as a lot of you) but he is a deep and interesting person with a social conscience. Without being seen as an eccentric like Ricky Williams, who I also was a fan of, Arian to me, has provided the model for the intellectual athlete. In sports, but particularly in football, athletes have almost always been shown as being devoid of critical thinking but this poet has proved that the scholar and the athlete can not only co-exist but also complement each other exceptionally.

He is, in my opinion, The Dark Knight of football.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: