Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Eleven: Buccaneers (5-4) @ Panthers (2-7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.

This.

Also, the refs didn't screw us out of this game - or attempt to - or whatever, Martin fumbled the ball at the goalline. They ruled it a fumble which in real time is a judgement call. If Martin holds onto the ball a second longer then they would have the replay evidence to call it a TD.

Or, you know, he could just hang onto the ball the whole time. The refs did their job. Martin didn't.

Wrong. If I could see, in the slow motion replay, that Martin still had possession of the ball as it broke the plane of the goal line, then the fumble occurred after the touchdown, why couldn't the official in the replay booth see the same thing? Do we have nothing but incompetent oafs up in the booth, or maybe it was the same one that helped to cheat the Packers out of a win and award it to Seattle earlier in the year.

Fact...it is impossible to fumble the ball away and for the other team to recover it.....after it was already a touchdown. It's a wonder that my TV set survived the assault that followed that bogus call.

Since you don't seem to understand how these things are reviewed, let's talk about it. The play on the field was obviously very fast. I agree that the ball crossed the plane, but he fumbles immedaitely after. Bang bang play.

The ref on the field rules it a fumble. This is key, and it's not necessarily a bad call. It happened so fast you can't fault the ref for making that call, IMO.

So then they review it. While you, a fan, are watching it on TV from multiple angles and in slow motion with pausing and lines on the field and everything, the replay officials see it in real time. So again, bang bang play. It seemed to me that the ball crossed, but there was a question that maybe it didn't. There was not indisputable evidence that he was in the endzone with the ball before he fumbled it in real time. So the call was not changed, because it was originally ruled a fumble, which was IMO not the exact right call, but that's what it was. You need indisputable evidence to overturn a call, and Martin fumbled it too soon.

Which goes back to my point that if Martin holds onto the ball it's a non-issue. So what am I wrong about?

I gotta disagree with you here, it was clearly a touchdown, all that ball has to do it break the plane for a split second and its a touchdown.. they can blow that call in real time sure but after reviewing it, it should have been overturned
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially considering the hit occurred in the end-zone. It was an obvious blown call but its done now. Martin will get a touchdown or two next game to make up for it. Also, Blount is definitely in the dog house. Guy didn't play any snaps yesterday. I think we will be looking for a new #2 back in the off-season. Steven Jackson would be perfect but I can see him trying to play for a SB contender instead but then again, most of those teams aren't in dire need for him. Packers could be a great fit but who knows.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like if we get a new #2 running back it will be a guy with a similar style to Martin. That is, more of an all-around type, someone like DJ Ware actually. Despite Freeman's newfound love of chucking the ball downfield (awesome), he still checks down a lot. Our running backs catch quite a few passes, and having a guy who has an all-around game (running, receiving, blocking) in Martin is part of the reason for Freeman's turnaround IMO. Having another one dimensional guy just makes us very predictable again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I feel like if we get a new #2 running back it will be a guy with a similar style to Martin. That is, more of an all-around type, someone like DJ Ware actually. Despite Freeman's newfound love of chucking the ball downfield (awesome), he still checks down a lot. Our running backs catch quite a few passes, and having a guy who has an all-around game (running, receiving, blocking) in Martin is part of the reason for Freeman's turnaround IMO. Having another one dimensional guy just makes us very predictable again.
Yeah, hopefully Michael Smith can develop his game next year into that role. For now, Ware will stick because there aren't any options worthy discussing at this point. And we have too many needs to draft a back.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Especially considering the hit occurred in the end-zone. It was an obvious blown call but its done now. Martin will get a touchdown or two next game to make up for it. Also, Blount is definitely in the dog house. Guy didn't play any snaps yesterday. I think we will be looking for a new #2 back in the off-season. Steven Jackson would be perfect but I can see him trying to play for a SB contender instead but then again, most of those teams aren't in dire need for him. Packers could be a great fit but who knows.

Who's to say we won't be a Super Bowl contender next year? But I'd actually like another power back, just one more skilled than Blount.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.

This.

Also, the refs didn't screw us out of this game - or attempt to - or whatever, Martin fumbled the ball at the goalline. They ruled it a fumble which in real time is a judgement call. If Martin holds onto the ball a second longer then they would have the replay evidence to call it a TD.

Or, you know, he could just hang onto the ball the whole time. The refs did their job. Martin didn't.

Wrong. If I could see, in the slow motion replay, that Martin still had possession of the ball as it broke the plane of the goal line, then the fumble occurred after the touchdown, why couldn't the official in the replay booth see the same thing? Do we have nothing but incompetent oafs up in the booth, or maybe it was the same one that helped to cheat the Packers out of a win and award it to Seattle earlier in the year.

Fact...it is impossible to fumble the ball away and for the other team to recover it.....after it was already a touchdown. It's a wonder that my TV set survived the assault that followed that bogus call.

Since you don't seem to understand how these things are reviewed, let's talk about it. The play on the field was obviously very fast. I agree that the ball crossed the plane, but he fumbles immedaitely after. Bang bang play.

The ref on the field rules it a fumble. This is key, and it's not necessarily a bad call. It happened so fast you can't fault the ref for making that call, IMO.

So then they review it. While you, a fan, are watching it on TV from multiple angles and in slow motion with pausing and lines on the field and everything, the replay officials see it in real time. So again, bang bang play. It seemed to me that the ball crossed, but there was a question that maybe it didn't. There was not indisputable evidence that he was in the endzone with the ball before he fumbled it in real time. So the call was not changed, because it was originally ruled a fumble, which was IMO not the exact right call, but that's what it was. You need indisputable evidence to overturn a call, and Martin fumbled it too soon.

Which goes back to my point that if Martin holds onto the ball it's a non-issue. So what am I wrong about?

I gotta disagree with you here, it was clearly a touchdown, all that ball has to do it break the plane for a split second and its a touchdown.. they can blow that call in real time sure but after reviewing it, it should have been overturned

Call on the field was a fumble. Evidence was disputable. No TD.

If you guys think it was that clear, sorry, but you're being homers. You can't call that play so easily when watching it in real time.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:

This.

If you guys think it was that clear, sorry, but you're being homers. You can't call that play so easily when watching it in real time.

I see, so if we disagree with you either we can't see well, or we are a homer. Does that mean that everybody here that saw that as a touchdown was either blind, or a homer? How is it that you are in a position to determine what the rest of us are? Is this lofty position that you think that you occupy something that was earned, or is it self appointed? I have heard numerous people on radio, TV sports shows, Sports Reporters and on the internet all state that Martin was cheated out of that touchdown. According to you, I guess that they can't see well either, or are all homers. Maybe we should have them all contact you and get your permission before they make such statements in the future.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:

This.

I see, so if we disagree with you either we can't see well, or we are a homer. Does that mean that everybody here that saw that as a touchdown was either blind, or a homer? How is it that you are in a position to determine what the rest of us are? Is this lofty position that you think that you occupy something that was earned, or is it self appointed? I have heard numerous people on radio, TV sports shows, Sports Reporters and on the internet all state that Martin was cheated out of that touchdown. According to you, I guess that they can't see well either, or are all homers. Maybe we should have them all contact you and get your permission before they make such statements in the future.

I personally thought he was in and then fumbled, I already said that. In slow motion I like to think he was in. Then again, I'm a Tampa fan and that's what I want to see happen. I can't fault the refs for sticking to the established rules. I can fault Martin for not hanging onto the ball a little tighter during a critical moment in the game.

But if you're acting like it was clearly a TD in real time, which it wasn't, then yes, I think you're being biased in favor of Tampa. Or in other words, a homer. Sorry I guess, but I'm not the one denying that the call on the field was a 50/50 one or that Martin should have done a better job if we wanted a better call. I think it's juvenile to say things like, "Refs handed them the game" or "the refs screwed us" in such a tight situation. You can attack me for saying it if you like, but I at least accepted the outcome of that play.

I'm not going to post anymore about this.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

A guy I'm interested in is Eddie Lacy that RB from Alabama
Him and Martin would be awesome

Only if lacy is there in like the 4th tho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Bites: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/2012_Game_Bites_Panthers_111812/6689d5bd-627c-4d7e-ba82-674dcc5835e0

Behind the Bench: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Behind-the-Bench-vs-Panthers/a7aa52ef-ace9-475b-9309-8d49ec05ba76

Buccaneers.com puts these videos out every week, but these two in particular are special. I wish they were longer.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Game Bites: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/2012_Game_Bites_Panthers_111812/6689d5bd-627c-4d7e-ba82-674dcc5835e0

Behind the Bench: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Behind-the-Bench-vs-Panthers/a7aa52ef-ace9-475b-9309-8d49ec05ba76

Buccaneers.com puts these videos out every week, but these two in particular are special. I wish they were longer.

Love these videos.

So was it just me or does Cam and really all the Panthers offensive players make you hate them even more with their celebrations for every first down or decent play. I couldn't have been more proud when late in the 4th Freeman ran for a first. Gave the ball back and when back to the huddle. I get him and Cam and two different personalities and I have no problems celebrating TD's but every first down??

Also looks like the Clark signing wasn't so bad after all. (cough)BSH Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Loved the behind the bench vid, great to see McCoy stepping up and being a leader like that.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Love these videos.

So was it just me or does Cam and really all the Panthers offensive players make you hate them even more with their celebrations for every first down or decent play. I couldn't have been more proud when late in the 4th Freeman ran for a first. Gave the ball back and when back to the huddle. I get him and Cam and two different personalities and I have no problems celebrating TD's but every first down??

yup wrong on that...But honestly do you know what has made Clark succesful? The signing of Nate Bynum. Bynum might be the best blocking TE we have EVER had. He plays the most snaps of any of our TE's.

Keeping Clark off the field in obvious run situations and having him play the K2 type role has helped Clark alot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Love these videos.

yup wrong on that...But honestly do you know what has made Clark succesful? The signing of Nate Bynum. Bynum might be the best blocking TE we have EVER had. He plays the most snaps of any of our TE's.

Keeping Clark off the field in obvious run situations and having him play the K2 type role has helped Clark alot.

Good Point, another one of the unsung heroes on this team, Bynum and Lorig are the most underrated players on this team this year so far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:

A guy I'm interested in is Eddie Lacy that RB from Alabama
Him and Martin would be awesome

Only if lacy is there in like the 4th tho
I don't think he will declare to be honest. I want Chris Ivory in FA. That guy is fun to watch and he can catch too. That way we get a guy with some experience and can string Michael Smith along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: