Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Eleven: Buccaneers (5-4) @ Panthers (2-7)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Week Eleven: Buccaneers (5-4) @ Panthers (2-7) Reply with quote

I'm going to start this thread off with a couple stats...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-and-their-big-numbers

Quote:
QB Josh Freeman: In the past five games, Freeman is the highest-rated third-down passer in the NFL with a 121.2 rating. He’s completed 67.4 percent of his attempts and has no interceptions on third downs during that stretch.

RB Doug Martin: Even after a quiet week, Martin is tied with the Titans’ Chris Johnson for third in rushing with 862 yards. Also, his four runs of 40 yards or longer leads the NFL.

WR Vincent Jackson: His per-catch average of 21.4 yards is tops in the NFL for receivers with more than 20 receptions. Jackson’s four catches of 40 yards or longer is tied for third.

LB Lavonte David: If it seems like David is making every tackle, it’s because he nearly is. David is tied for fourth in the NFL with 81 tackles, second among rookies (Carolina’s Luke Kuechly is first).

The defense: The Bucs struggles in pass defense have overshadowed their ability to get takeaways. Tampa Bay is third in the league with 15 interceptions, trailing only the Bears and Giants. Ronde Barber leads the team with three picks.

Against the run: The Bucs are tops in the NFL, allowing 80.1 rushing yards per game and 3.5 yards per carry.

What does all of this have to do with the Panthers?
    Arrow Panthers RBs get stuffed on runs 24 % of the time (30th in the league)
    Arrow Carolina allows opposing QBs to complete 67.5% of their passes (30th in the league)
    Arrow Cam Newton has the 5th highest Int % (Interceptions/passes attempted) in the league
For the first time in a long time we actually match-up really well against the Panthers. Our run defense is the best in the league and our secondary is opportunistic enough to make up for the big plays that they give up. Cam doesn't look like himself right now, neither does the Panthers run game, and their secondary is beatable.

The one match-up that concerns me is Carolina's DLine vs. our OLine. It's a group that isn't getting much respect, but they are a very good group that can get after the passer. Division games are never easy, but if our OLine is up to the task we stand a good chance on Sunday.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling we are going to be the team that prompts all the "Cam Newton is back!" threads. He'll go off, 31/38 for 322 yards and 3 td's.

That being said, we're better than them. Just straight up, we're better. I expect Martin to go off, 150+ yards, and Freeman should continue his big play. I can't see them stopping our offense, and on defense I think we can continue our current trend: letting the other qb rack up yards, and get a couple of opportunistic turnovers.

Bucs: 34
Panthers: 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna blow 'em out. Something like 31-10. That'd be cool. When's the last time we blew out a division foe?

Anywho, I bet Carolina comes to play. Like you mentioned, their dline is legit. I could easily see our lowest scoring game in weeks. Hopefully we can force some turnovers.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a trap game bc many analysts are already looking ahead to the Atlanta game the following week. Hopefully the bucs just get out of here with a win.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for this to be the game where our dline line finally shows up and has Cam running for his life.

This should be a beatdown. The last few years they have given us a few, time for payback Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're better than them by a considerable amount, but I see it being a closer game than it should. We're definitely an opportunistic defense, which bodes well for us against a QB like Cam.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should win
SHOULD
Key word

Cam will throw 3tds
Maybe a couple picks

So is Watson or Hayward replacing Black?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa will win this game decisively. Carolina has a good defensive line but that's pretty much it. Laughing

Seriously though, if our match-patch makeshift offensive line can play decent I don't see how Freeman doesn't throw for over 300 yards with 2-3 td's this week. Their secondary stinks. Their offensive line is garbage too. I almost felt bad for Cam Newton last week seeing that pocket collapse so fast. Dude can't even roll out to buy time because its closing so fast. McCoy, Bennett, and Bowers should come away with a 1 sack each and both good games. Only concern is who will be shadowing Steve Smith? Eric Wright won't likely play and Biggers is not a good match-up at all. Leonard Johnson will probably draw that assignment and it'll be interesting to see what happens on those 1v1's. Tampa will score 28-31 points and CAR will leave Ray Jay with 21 at most.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/268791614649016320

Quote:
Hayward will replace Quincy Black.

Watson can't seem to break the starting line-up.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/268794818476527616

Quote:
RG Jamon Merideth walked out of the locker room on crutches and ice on his ankle.

This is really bad news. I hope it's not serious. Meredith has been a gem, and we really have no depth on the OLine with Joseph and Nicks already out.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game will be pretty close. Carolina will come out swinging in this one I believe. I still think we'll be too much and I think Freeman will lead a 4th-Quarter comeback to win it. Both offenses will put up some points.

This is a very important game. I know most people just want to look ahead to Atlanta, but beating Carolina is crucial before we even think about Atlanta. Our remaining games are Atlanta (8-1), Denver (6-3 and Peyton Manning), Philly (Meh), New Orleans (4-5 and surging), St. Louis (a tough team), and Atlanta again. We need all the wins we can get, so now is not the time to get an ego and think that a win in Carolina will just be handed to them. It should be another interesting game.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always love it when we play the Panthers cuz its always a good game and I cant stand them. We should dominate every phase of this game. Martin's guna have a huge day and this game SHOULD be a blowout in our favor. However the Panthers always play us tough and divisional games are never easy. Hopefully we are not overlooking this game cuz we have ATL next week. I dont think Schiano would let that happen.

Bucs-35
Panthers-20
blaine-stew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we win by 2 scores, Cam will have a good game yards wise but hes bound to throw a few ints.

'Dougie' will reach 1,000 yards for the season
expect VJ and MW to have a TD each
hopefully we get a few sacks like the first Carolina game
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/268791614649016320

Quote:
Hayward will replace Quincy Black.

Watson can't seem to break the starting line-up.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/268794818476527616

Quote:
RG Jamon Merideth walked out of the locker room on crutches and ice on his ankle.

This is really bad news. I hope it's not serious. Meredith has been a gem, and we really have no depth on the OLine with Joseph and Nicks already out.

I hope Merideth isn' hurt serious, but with Coach Bostad on staff, they may plug in Allen and not miss a beat. As for Watson, this is the second coaching staff who just feel like he is a special teamer and nothing more. I think they are going to have to address SLB in the offseason, not necessarily a high draft pick or big time free agent. Where is Al Singelton when you need him? Cool
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Martin "ScoresEasy" going to stick?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
So is Martin "ScoresEasy" going to stick?

Doubt it. As much as Martin may dislike the name, I think Muscle Hamster is gonna be a tough one to shake.

#EmbraceTheSuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: