Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Eleven: Buccaneers (5-4) @ Panthers (2-7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13858
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW all i can say....I never thought once to turn off the TV, I knew Freeman was playing bad, for whatever reason he was missing passes he's been making all year. Then that final drive....That is the most accurate IVE EVER seen Free.

That pass to V-Jax?! OMG..DROOL...That's the kind of potential were talking. He rocketed in there. Sully really turned it on from 4:00 remaining in the 4th. Where he was for the rest of the game? Eh. I guess we dont throw that pick 6, it's a way different game.

Oh well, it's nice that once again the refs tried to screw us out of a game, but this time we came on top. Wasn't pretty but wins are wins.

The Mark Barron hate...wow guys. He's a rookie. I think he's hit the wall as far as coverage goes. Im not terribly worried about it though. He's play in the running game still pays big dividends.

and how about RONDE BARBER. 2 big stops by coming in free off the edge....

Im really proud of this team and its great to be a Bucs fan again. One game at a time, Schiano was the right guy for this job.....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJC


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple random stats after this week.

Doug Martin has exactly 1000 yards on the season, and is averaging exactly 100 yds/game on the ground, only behind Marshawn Lynch and AD. His 300+ receiving yards makes him the league leader in yards from scrimmage and the first player to top 1300 yards this season.

Josh Freeman has 21 TDs on the season. Tom Brady has 21 TDs on the season. Matt Ryan has 20 TDs on the season. Only Brees, Rodgers, and Manning have more TDs on the year.

Lavonte David has 73 solo tackles on the season. Thats tied with Daryl Washington, and only trailing behind Derrick Johnson and James Laurinaitis.

Vincent Jackson passed Josh Gordon for highest YPC in the league.

The future is bright in Tampa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5477
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
WOW all i can say....I never thought once to turn off the TV, I knew Freeman was playing bad, for whatever reason he was missing passes he's been making all year. Then that final drive....That is the most accurate IVE EVER seen Free.

That pass to V-Jax?! OMG..DROOL...That's the kind of potential were talking. He rocketed in there. Sully really turned it on from 4:00 remaining in the 4th. Where he was for the rest of the game? Eh. I guess we dont throw that pick 6, it's a way different game.

Oh well, it's nice that once again the refs tried to screw us out of a game, but this time we came on top. Wasn't pretty but wins are wins.

The Mark Barron hate...wow guys. He's a rookie. I think he's hit the wall as far as coverage goes. Im not terribly worried about it though. He's play in the running game still pays big dividends.

and how about RONDE BARBER. 2 big stops by coming in free off the edge....

Im really proud of this team and its great to be a Bucs fan again. One game at a time, Schiano was the right guy for this job.....


Yeah a 7th overall pick rookie...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucsCanesFan6


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 565
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4203
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.


This.

Also, the refs didn't screw us out of this game - or attempt to - or whatever, Martin fumbled the ball at the goalline. They ruled it a fumble which in real time is a judgement call. If Martin holds onto the ball a second longer then they would have the replay evidence to call it a TD.

Or, you know, he could just hang onto the ball the whole time. The refs did their job. Martin didn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7429
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.


No but I didn't expect him to be this bad in coverage. Not always having his head turned away from the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RB4TampaBay


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 378
Location: Seminole, FL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.


This.

Also, the refs didn't screw us out of this game - or attempt to - or whatever, Martin fumbled the ball at the goalline. They ruled it a fumble which in real time is a judgement call. If Martin holds onto the ball a second longer then they would have the replay evidence to call it a TD.

Or, you know, he could just hang onto the ball the whole time. The refs did their job. Martin didn't.


Wrong. If I could see, in the slow motion replay, that Martin still had possession of the ball as it broke the plane of the goal line, then the fumble occurred after the touchdown, why couldn't the official in the replay booth see the same thing? Do we have nothing but incompetent oafs up in the booth, or maybe it was the same one that helped to cheat the Packers out of a win and award it to Seattle earlier in the year.

Fact...it is impossible to fumble the ball away and for the other team to recover it.....after it was already a touchdown. It's a wonder that my TV set survived the assault that followed that bogus call.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7446
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.


No but I didn't expect him to be this bad in coverage. Not always having his head turned away from the ball.
well this shouldn't surprise you. Coming out of college his weakness was coverage. He will get better with coaching and time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel00


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 295
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that they should have overturned the fumble as well, but that's they way it goes. I think Martin redeemed him self in the O.T. The Bucs just dug themselves out which shows a team that they are maturing week by week. As for the Barron hate, I am just shock.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13599
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Barron deserves outright hate, but sheesh, just because you're a fan of the Bucs doesn't mean you're not allowed to be a little disappointed.

I'm not worried at all, I think he'll figure it out, but he has been pretty disappointing for a top 10 pick. He never turns his head around in coverage...ever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CanesFan #1


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 519
Location: PolK CountY!!! 863
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many times where we have no pass rush or have to blitz one of the DB's so give the kid a break.
_________________


The "Meast" May He Rest In Peace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7429
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanesFan #1 wrote:
There are many times where we have no pass rush or have to blitz one of the DB's so give the kid a break.


Our front 4 did a good job yesterday putting pressure on cam. Thy had 14 points. Only 2 good drives and it happened to be Barron getting picked on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4203
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Did you guys expect Barron to be an All Pro, top safety in the NFL just 10 weeks into his career? It takes time people, my god you act like he's been awful for years and he's still only played 10 games.


This.

Also, the refs didn't screw us out of this game - or attempt to - or whatever, Martin fumbled the ball at the goalline. They ruled it a fumble which in real time is a judgement call. If Martin holds onto the ball a second longer then they would have the replay evidence to call it a TD.

Or, you know, he could just hang onto the ball the whole time. The refs did their job. Martin didn't.


Wrong. If I could see, in the slow motion replay, that Martin still had possession of the ball as it broke the plane of the goal line, then the fumble occurred after the touchdown, why couldn't the official in the replay booth see the same thing? Do we have nothing but incompetent oafs up in the booth, or maybe it was the same one that helped to cheat the Packers out of a win and award it to Seattle earlier in the year.

Fact...it is impossible to fumble the ball away and for the other team to recover it.....after it was already a touchdown. It's a wonder that my TV set survived the assault that followed that bogus call.


Since you don't seem to understand how these things are reviewed, let's talk about it. The play on the field was obviously very fast. I agree that the ball crossed the plane, but he fumbles immedaitely after. Bang bang play.

The ref on the field rules it a fumble. This is key, and it's not necessarily a bad call. It happened so fast you can't fault the ref for making that call, IMO.

So then they review it. While you, a fan, are watching it on TV from multiple angles and in slow motion with pausing and lines on the field and everything, the replay officials see it in real time. So again, bang bang play. It seemed to me that the ball crossed, but there was a question that maybe it didn't. There was not indisputable evidence that he was in the endzone with the ball before he fumbled it in real time. So the call was not changed, because it was originally ruled a fumble, which was IMO not the exact right call, but that's what it was. You need indisputable evidence to overturn a call, and Martin fumbled it too soon.

Which goes back to my point that if Martin holds onto the ball it's a non-issue. So what am I wrong about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RB4TampaBay


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 378
Location: Seminole, FL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG,

What you are wrong about is the decision that was made from the booth. I agree that it next to impossible to see such detail in real time, but we have been told numerous times that the booth officials get to see the same views that we do. If I saw the plane being broken by the ball still in his arms, and you saw it, and everyone else watching the replays saw that as well, why doesn't an official in the booth reviewing the same replays that we see not get the call right? That is the reason that he/she is in the booth and has the authority to over rule a call on the field, because he/she has the benefit of slow motion replay.

Again, if we can see this, they can see it as well, and they got it wrong, just like they did in Seattle. Not acceptable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5477
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets calm down, nobody is "hating" Mark Barron, just criticizing his play, which is justifiable with the way it is right now... I'm not saying he won't get better he definitely can and has tons of potential... and also, nobody said he was suppose to be an "all pro" so to start throwing that word around is dumb... All I'm saying is for a 7th overall pick you need to be someone polished, and he's just been getting abused. His first 2-3 games he looked like he was gonna be an all-pro, but has just kinda faded off lately and yesterday was one of his worst games for sure, and it was pretty obvious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group