Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Eleven: Buccaneers (5-4) @ Panthers (2-7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
First off, what a win! its nice to see us finish a game off like that after the giants loss and saints loss. But i couldnt agree more with REDandPEWTER.. MARK BARRON looked terrible out there, i dont know whats going on with him... he got the PI in the endzone when it was 3rd down.. just would expect more from the 7th overall player drafted

He's looked flat out terrible since week 3. He's been trying to just lay people out instead of making a play on the ball. It seems like he's ALWAYS the guy who gets beat for a big play any more. He's good in run support, but he just can't cover. We drafted him to be that guy that cuts the TEs off the seems because Olson, Graham and Gonzelez are 3 of the best in the NFL and we see them twice in our division yearly.

It makes me wonder whether or not we should of taken Claiborne. Yeah he's had his moments in Dallas, both good and bad, but he hasn't been playing as bad as Barron.

If we don't trade back, we don't get Lavontae and Dougie so no I do not want that. I think Barron is a good player, but he's going through his rookie up and downs. He needs to be used more in a SS role, him and Ronde play more like SS's so we are kinda lacking a guy who can go back and hold it down like Tanard used to. Barron is more like a Lynch, he needs to be aloud to room around in the box. He's athletic so he can man up and guard some TEs, but he seems lost when back deep in coverage. He's an instinctive guy, so hopefully he just needs more time to understand it. But yeah he's doesn't look too good when dropping back deep, but with the type of player he is... that necessarily shouldn't be the top priority we are asking of him.

For a top 10 draft pick as a Safety, you're expected to do it all. It just seems like he's stiff and lets WRs/TEs get behind him too easily. This is 4 games straight now I've seen him never turn around or locate the ball. That tells me his ball skills aren't very good. He has a lot to do to improve, but right now, he's been dissapointing. Really hope he steps it up because boy do we need him. Our CBs have held it together the last 6 QTRs. I'm wondering if it's because Barron is just getting flat out beat and blowing his assignments too often because he's usually the culprit of a big play.

Correction: Yes, you're right. If we didn't trade down, we wouldnt have had Martin or David. But we need more out of Barron.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
First off, what a win! its nice to see us finish a game off like that after the giants loss and saints loss. But i couldnt agree more with REDandPEWTER.. MARK BARRON looked terrible out there, i dont know whats going on with him... he got the PI in the endzone when it was 3rd down.. just would expect more from the 7th overall player drafted

He's looked flat out terrible since week 3. He's been trying to just lay people out instead of making a play on the ball. It seems like he's ALWAYS the guy who gets beat for a big play any more. He's good in run support, but he just can't cover. We drafted him to be that guy that cuts the TEs off the seems because Olson, Graham and Gonzelez are 3 of the best in the NFL and we see them twice in our division yearly.

It makes me wonder whether or not we should of taken Claiborne. Yeah he's had his moments in Dallas, both good and bad, but he hasn't been playing as bad as Barron.

If we don't trade back, we don't get Lavontae and Dougie so no I do not want that. I think Barron is a good player, but he's going through his rookie up and downs. He needs to be used more in a SS role, him and Ronde play more like SS's so we are kinda lacking a guy who can go back and hold it down like Tanard used to. Barron is more like a Lynch, he needs to be aloud to room around in the box. He's athletic so he can man up and guard some TEs, but he seems lost when back deep in coverage. He's an instinctive guy, so hopefully he just needs more time to understand it. But yeah he's doesn't look too good when dropping back deep, but with the type of player he is... that necessarily shouldn't be the top priority we are asking of him.
Definitely. Barron is certainly not polished as a coverage safety. I thought though he was much better in this department given his college career. Maybe the speed of the game will take him awhile to get adjusted. He was in perfect position to get that INT instead of that weak-called PI. Its cool though, there aren't many all-around great safeties in the NFL. He just needs to tighten up and should get better in time with more playing experience. Remember, Jermaine Phillips was terrible in coverage too for most of his career and then toward the latter of his career he got much better and had that pro bowl season. Just saying, Barron will be better in time but for now all we can do is ask him to do is bring that physical tackling we know he is capable of.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

For a top 10 draft pick as a Safety, you're expected to do it all. It just seems like he's stiff and lets WRs/TEs get behind him too easily. This is 4 games straight now I've seen him never turn around or locate the ball. That tells me his ball skills aren't very good. He has a lot to do to improve, but right now, he's been dissapointing. Really hope he steps it up because boy do we need him. Our CBs have held it together the last 6 QTRs. I'm wondering if it's because Barron is just getting flat out beat and blowing his assignments too often because he's usually the culprit of a big play.

Correction: Yes, you're right. If we didn't trade down, we wouldnt have had Martin or David. But we need more out of Barron.

Barron is a rookie, who needs better technique in pass coverage, not willing to second guess the pick because the first three picks in totallity were awesome. A lot of the problems in the middle of the field are from the LBs biting on the play fake and not getting deep enough in cover 2. David is a rookie and Foster is still learning because let's face it the LB coach last year was terrible.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Barron would just turn around and look for the ball on some of those throws thats an easy pass deflection or INT thats all he has to do

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/player/dougmartin/2532899/profile

Some monster stats.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barron's a rookie who just had a down game. He's given up quite a few plays but he's made his fair share as well. As you guys have been saying he's been in the right position on a few plays but hasn't executed. I believe that will come in time. I don't doubt the pick and with some help back there in the secondary he should fulfill his expectations.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Barron does improve...otherwise we got ourselves Roman Harper II Sad

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I think Barron's a rookie who just had a down game. He's given up quite a few plays but he's made his fair share as well. As you guys have been saying he's been in the right position on a few plays but hasn't executed. I believe that will come in time. I don't doubt the pick and with some help back there in the secondary he should fulfill his expectations.

Yeah, I would be more worried if he didn't have the athleticism to make those plays in coverage. He does. It's just a question of reading WRs eyes/hands to take that as an indicator that the ball is coming so that he can turn around and make a play on the ball. He needs to do a much better job of this. It takes time, but this is a skill that can be taught.

Honestly, I'm much more worried about Foster in coverage than I am Barron. He's really struggling to get the necessary depth in his drop and he bites on play fakes way too often.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
I really hope Barron does improve...otherwise we got ourselves Roman Harper II Sad

Harper isnt that bad is he?

we really missed out i wanted Josh Norman the CB so badly in the 4th or 5th and the panthers ended up grabbing him could have had another starter to this great draft

some of the latter picks we always make , make me scratch my head
but at least we hit on the first 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/player/dougmartin/2532899/profile

Some monster stats.
Martin is #2 in rushing yards in the NFL and #1 in yards from scrimmage. I don't remember the last time Tampa ever had a RB that put up a legit elite season at the position. Its looking like he can break James Wilder old rushing records in yards and td's with the games ahead. And I'm glad Martin is having this amazing year without his best offensive linemen so when the haters try to discredit his success after he keeps producing year after year with Nicks+Joseph we all know what he did behind that match-patch line makes him the real deal.

On a side note, Michael Bennett has 7 sacks through 10 games. I bet he finishes with around 12-13 this year. Its been FOREVER Tampa has had a 10 sack guy, looks like he will get there sometime this year.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

we really missed out i wanted Josh Norman the CB so badly in the 4th or 5th and the panthers ended up grabbing him could have had another starter to this great draft

Dude...he is basically a linebacker that plays DB. He can light you up and tackle good but he cant cover to save his life, almost the entire Saints nation blamed the loss against niners in the playoffs on Harper..

I do not want that kind of DB, I would rather have weak tackling and good coverage rather than weak coverage and good tackling(if I had to choose)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron though not only in pass coverage but in tackling has struggled.. off the top of my head he let cam break his ankles to get a first down and has missed on other tackles in other games.. Like im saying i just EXPECTED more from him
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Dude...he is basically a linebacker that plays DB. He can light you up and tackle good but he cant cover to save his life, almost the entire Saints nation blamed the loss against niners in the playoffs on Harper..

I do not want that kind of DB, I would rather have weak tackling and good coverage rather than weak coverage and good tackling(if I had to choose)

ahh i was thinking Malcolm Jenkins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

News flash. He's been pretty bad the past 4 of the last 5 games, almost beat consistantly. It just seems like too many WRs/TEs get behind him and he just looks stiff and mis-reads assignments and slow to play-recognition.

He's a rookie, so no the word "bust" will NOT be thrown around, yet. But the way Ronde is playing, you'd think he'd feed off that. I thought he was better than that too in coverage coming out, but it's definately something that needs imrpovement, especially if we're going to make a playoff run, because we have a chance and the teams on our schedule are beatable.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

News flash. He's been pretty bad the past 4 of the last 5 games, almost beat consistantly. It just seems like too many WRs/TEs get behind him and he just looks stiff and mis-reads assignments and slow to play-recognition.

He's a rookie, so no the word "bust" will NOT be thrown around, yet. But the way Ronde is playing, you'd think he'd feed off that. I thought he was better than that too in coverage coming out, but it's definately something that needs imrpovement, especially if we're going to make a playoff run, because we have a chance and the teams on our schedule are beatable.

Well to be fair, a few times he's been left out on an island. However it's true he's been very inconsistent. Again he's still a rookie and once he gets some more help around him, develops his game, and gets more used to the speed of the NFL, he'll be a force. It's not easy to just step on the field and become a great Safety, especially not with our secondary. It'll come in time.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: