Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barry Sanders vs Adrian Peterson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:
I would take A P over Sanders simple A P makes his team better even with a crappy QB and Bad offensive players around him.

Just like last year?

Last year the vikings were riddled with injuries. I think 2008 would fit well with what Lion King is saying. The vikings were relatively healthy, and went 10-6 with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as their QB's. Ap ran for almost 1800 yards.

Last year the Vikings had crappy QB play and terrible players around him, that matches LK's description, and as good as AP is, he couldn't will the Vikings to be playoff contenders.

AP missed 4 games last year. The vikings had a washed up vet at qb and then a rookie. Our defense was absolutley decimated my injuries. We were bad, but not as bad as everyone thought. I think 10 of our 13 losses were by 7 points or less. For us to even be close in games was a miracle.

That happens every year dude even the Lions last season won them close games this season were losing them that's why we love the NFL now every year can be your teams year! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
The hatred for A P is legendary in this site Lions fans have hated him since people debated him over Calvin Johnson let alone Barry Sanders!

I would take A P over Sanders simple A P makes his team better even with a crappy QB and Bad offensive players around him.

Sanders was great but also lead the league in getting NEG yards which last time I looked Killed your offense in every drive.

Yeah Lions fans are blinded bye loyalty the argument that Peterson isn't the greatest back of his time is crazy talk he is hands down the best back since he entered the league even today he gives Foster a run for his money even coming back for a ACL injury!

I' am a DIE hard Lion fan but I even Like Billy Sims in a playoff game over Sanders you can't even compare those two in a playoff game Sanders VS Sims in the Playoffs is laughable Sims would beat his effort hands down everyone screams Sanders faced 9 in the box seriously did you watch the Lions back then they played run and shoot offense or a forum of spread offense with Sanders teams never could play the whole game with 9 or 10 men in the box for Sanders with 3 wide outs and a tight end going out every pass play. Its crap to say that for Sanders the guy who faces 9 or 10 in the box every play was Sims not Sanders most of the game let alone Peterson because the offense around him is way worse then the Lions with Sanders!

I take Peterson every time I am not blinded bye Loyalty to Sanders anyone that calls A P over rated is blinded bye loyalty period!

A P will be in the Hall of fame no doubt about it!

Peterson seems to be your favorite football player of all time, yet you still call him "A P". It blows me away.

Kind of.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Funny thing is, everyone of AP's QBs were better than all of Barry's. And the O Lines are similarly bad but would say Barry's were worse. And Barry was in the playoffs how many times?

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stylish313

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:
The hatred for A P is legendary in this site Lions fans have hated him since people debated him over Calvin Johnson let alone Barry Sanders!

Sanders was great but also lead the league in getting NEG yards which last time I looked Killed your offense in every drive.

Yeah Lions fans are blinded bye loyalty the argument that Peterson isn't the greatest back of his time is crazy talk he is hands down the best back since he entered the league even today he gives Foster a run for his money even coming back for a ACL injury!

I' am a DIE hard Lion fan but I even Like Billy Sims in a playoff game over Sanders you can't even compare those two in a playoff game Sanders VS Sims in the Playoffs is laughable Sims would beat his effort hands down everyone screams Sanders faced 9 in the box seriously did you watch the Lions back then they played run and shoot offense or a forum of spread offense with Sanders teams never could play the whole game with 9 or 10 men in the box for Sanders with 3 wide outs and a tight end going out every pass play. Its crap to say that for Sanders the guy who faces 9 or 10 in the box every play was Sims not Sanders most of the game let alone Peterson because the offense around him is way worse then the Lions with Sanders!

I take Peterson every time I am not blinded bye Loyalty to Sanders anyone that calls A P over rated is blinded bye loyalty period!

Peterson seems to be your favorite football player of all time, yet you still call him "A P". It blows me away.

Kind of.
This added absolutely nothing to the conversation, and was intended to incite another member of this forum.

Last edited by stylish313 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LION KING

Peterson is a freak of nature he is proven to be different then most players just coming back for a ACL injury and playing that this level!

Its clear to me this guy will be great for 10 years his only question mark was durability coming out of college don't know what the guy has to do he has played a lot of games and had a ton of carries he has gotten hurt yet he has a amazing recovery time means he heals faster then most ever thought possible!

Peterson down fall was he takes on tacklers he will get hurt, okay well nothing and I mean nothing stops a back from getting hurt when a guy launches himself into a backs knee running full blast!

I really cringe every time I see a helmet to helmet hit or a helmet to knee smack on a back one wrong hit the back is out for the year scary crap!

DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:

bye =/= by like 13 times you said it.

I'm not blinded by loyalty, and I have explained why I would take other RB's over Peterson. Peterson isn't as good as Sanders plain and simple.

Peterson gives Foster a run for his money? So you're saying Foster is the better runningback? I'm just..
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Kind of.
This added absolutely nothing to the conversation, and was intended to incite another member of this forum.

LMAO

I think I answered it pretty simply, I take Peterson over Sanders !

I even explain why!!

I even explain to the Viking fans it was a no win argument because simple LION fans are blinded bye Hatred for Peterson to even start a debate with SANDERS lol.

Just the topic incites people Peterson vs Sanders ! Rolling Eyes

stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Kind of.

LMAO

I think I answered it pretty simply, I take Peterson over Sanders !

I even explain why!!

I even explain to the Viking fans it was a no win argument because simple LION fans are blinded bye Hatred for Peterson to even start a debate with SANDERS lol.

Just the topic incites people Peterson vs Sanders ! Rolling Eyes
I was talking to the other guy LK. Continue on with your Peterson lust. Crazy, just plain crazy.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
LION KING wrote:

bye =/= by like 13 times you said it.

I'm not blinded by loyalty, and I have explained why I would take other RB's over Peterson. Peterson isn't as good as Sanders plain and simple.

Peterson gives Foster a run for his money? So you're saying Foster is the better runningback? I'm just..

No way 100% healthy not coming off a ACL he would blow Foster away, look at the offense around Foster compared to Peterson both are considered 1 or 2 in the NFL today put Peterson on Texans 2000 yards hell would be a given!

TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Kind of.

Actually, it's extremely relevant discussion. If you have questions or concerns about a fellow poster, please PM a mod.

Team Stylish
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Funny thing is, everyone of AP's QBs were better than all of Barry's. And the O Lines are similarly bad but would say Barry's were worse. And Barry was in the playoffs how many times?

TOTALLY FALSE just not a true statement Mitchell had perhaps one of the best season for a Lions quarterback and always gets labeled a terrible qb the only quarterback better then him in 96 was Farve who won MVP go look up the Stats!

I get sick of hearing that crap!! Mitchell like any qb struggles in 2 and 14 which Sanders put him in more then any other qb in the history of the game and it never gets mentioned let alone 3 and more then 10 because the dude had more NEG runs then any back in the history of the game!!

SCOTT MITCHELL was screwed over bye Barry period no qb would want Barry with all them NEGS every game 2nd or 3rd and long kills a qb rating even the Great P Manning would of demand Sanders to stop getting NEG YARDS PLEASE YOUR KILLING ME!! Rolling Eyes

NEG RUNS don't help a offense no matter how you cut it! Wink

stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Kind of.

Actually, it's extremely relevant discussion. If you have questions or concerns about a fellow poster, please PM a mod.
It had no relevance, and was clearly against the rules. You should know that being how you like to point this type of stuff out to everybody else.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

TOTALLY FALSE just not a true statement Mitchell had perhaps one of the best season for a Lions quarterback and always gets labeled a terrible qb the only quarterback better then him in 96 was Farve who won MVP go look up the Stats!

I get sick of hearing that crap!! Mitchell like any qb struggles in 2 and 14 which Sanders put him in more then any other qb in the history of the game and it never gets mentioned let alone 3 and more then 10 because the dude had more NEG runs then any back in the history of the game!!

SCOTT MITCHELL was screwed over bye Barry period no qb would want Barry with all them NEGS every game 2nd or 3rd and long kills a qb rating even the Great P Manning would of demand Sanders to stop getting NEG YARDS PLEASE YOUR KILLING ME!! Rolling Eyes

Wow, Scott Mitchell screwd over by Barry? Your Lion fan card has been revoked.

And that guy who beat Mitchell in his one good year, ended up leading AP to a NFC championship. Barry carried his team to the same point with Eric freaking Kramer.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said Viking fans forget you won't win this debate!

You have Peterson be great full we have Calvin be great full!

Both are great players and Sanders was a Hall of fame player were great full to have him but both the other players will make the Hall its my opinion they both will get in with Sanders!

So you can claim who ever you want as better its a free country last I looked and hell its going to be a debate once they both retire some day!!

Look forward too it! Razz

LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
LION KING wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Wow, Scott Mitchell screwd over by Barry? Your Lion fan card has been revoked.

And that guy who beat Mitchell in his one good year, ended up leading AP to a NFC championship. Barry carried his team to the same point with Eric freaking Kramer.

LOL even Barry himself mentioned he killed quarterbacks with his running style but its how he ran getting NEG plays always kills a offense you can butter it up all you wish but even Barry said it hurt his team he even maned up and defended his OL claiming they got him 2000 yards don't forget even with all them NEG plays he admitted his Style didn't help them keep there blocks because he didn't go where he was suppose too.

At least the man can admit it he even stated most those plays he could of gain 2 or 3 yards but decided to try for a big play and it cost his offense because everyone knows 2 and 7 is better then 2 and 14 I find him very humbling to even admit it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: