Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barry Sanders vs Adrian Peterson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Bah. AD. Such a 6-year wonder.

He needs to be good for 7 full years before I'm willing to think it isn't a fluke.

I think this is a pretty good way to judge talent. Thats why it pisses me off when people say Rodgers is the best QB in the league. He has only been good for 5 years! Lets see him do this for 2 more years before I put him in my top 15 qb's.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

He needs to be good for 7 full years before I'm willing to think it isn't a fluke.

I think this is a pretty good way to judge talent. Thats why it pisses me off when people say Rodgers is the best QB in the league. He has only been good for 5 years! Lets see him do this for 2 more years before I put him in my top 15 qb's.

Word for word.

A lot of players play at an elite level for 5-6.8 years, then drop off and become irrelevant. History tells us that it's waaaay too early to start crowning these players.

Team Stylish
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
This is coming from the same guy who said the 6-4 vikings are worse than the 2007 Lions. I dont think he uses logic in his reasoning.

quit trying to poke that dead horse, man.

let it go.

i'm really done here now. this conversation has gone to a messy, messy place.

Where did you expect it to go Laughing
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Word for word.

A lot of players play at an elite level for 5-6.8 years, then drop off and become irrelevant. History tells us that it's waaaay too early to start crowning these players.

Laughing Laughing

well done, guys.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread really got to 6 pages?

Shocked

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can maintain this streak and break 2,000 than congrats to him.
I hope he does and falls off like Chris Johnson...Only because it would help the Lions.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hatred for A P is legendary in this site Lions fans have hated him since people debated him over Calvin Johnson let alone Barry Sanders!

I would take A P over Sanders simple A P makes his team better even with a crappy QB and Bad offensive players around him.

Sanders was great but also lead the league in getting NEG yards which last time I looked Killed your offense in every drive.

Yeah Lions fans are blinded bye loyalty the argument that Peterson isn't the greatest back of his time is crazy talk he is hands down the best back since he entered the league even today he gives Foster a run for his money even coming back for a ACL injury!

I' am a DIE hard Lion fan but I even Like Billy Sims in a playoff game over Sanders you can't even compare those two in a playoff game Sanders VS Sims in the Playoffs is laughable Sims would beat his effort hands down everyone screams Sanders faced 9 in the box seriously did you watch the Lions back then they played run and shoot offense or a forum of spread offense with Sanders teams never could play the whole game with 9 or 10 men in the box for Sanders with 3 wide outs and a tight end going out every pass play. Its crap to say that for Sanders the guy who faces 9 or 10 in the box every play was Sims not Sanders most of the game let alone Peterson because the offense around him is way worse then the Lions with Sanders!

I take Peterson every time I am not blinded bye Loyalty to Sanders anyone that calls A P over rated is blinded bye loyalty period!

A P will be in the Hall of fame no doubt about it!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
I would take A P over Sanders simple A P makes his team better even with a crappy QB and Bad offensive players around him.

Just like last year?

Team Stylish

LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O yeah Phreak Sorry man I watched the Lions game Peterson killed us!

Sorry man but that's the facts lol. :wink

Lets face it Ponder is the worse QB in our division the dude is terrible yet they win with Peterson and yeah that 61 yard touchdown run was the play that beat the Lions end of game! Wink

Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Last year the vikings were riddled with injuries. I think 2008 would fit well with what Lion King is saying. The vikings went 10-6 with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as their QB's. Ap ran for almost 1800 yards.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Last year the vikings were riddled with injuries. I think 2008 would fit well with what Lion King is saying. The vikings were relatively healthy, and went 10-6 with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as their QB's. Ap ran for almost 1800 yards.

Last year the Vikings had crappy QB play and terrible players around him, that matches LK's description, and as good as AP is, he couldn't will the Vikings to be playoff contenders.

Team Stylish

LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Last year the vikings were riddled with injuries. I think 2008 would fit well with what Lion King is saying. The vikings went 10-6 with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as their QB's. Ap ran for almost 1800 yards.

You can't win this argument in here Lions fans are blinded with hatred for ALL DAY since some including me thought we should of drafted him over Calvin back in the day because both even though great I think we needed a FRANCHISE BACK not a FRANCHISE WIDE OUT!

But its water under the bridge both are HALL OF FAME PLAYERS as is Sanders some experts even argue Billy Sims would of been in the HALL if he hadn't gotten hurt!

I love debates but we are both lucky teams to have such great players!

SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

You can't win this argument in here Lions fans are blinded with hatred for ALL DAY since some including me thought we should of drafted him over Calvin back in the day because both even though great I think we needed a FRANCHISE BACK not a FRANCHISE WIDE OUT!

But its water under the bridge both are HALL OF FAME PLAYERS!

At this point, I dont think we could have gone wrong either way.

Millen probably didnt even consider AD though Laughing
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Just like last year?

Last year the vikings were riddled with injuries. I think 2008 would fit well with what Lion King is saying. The vikings were relatively healthy, and went 10-6 with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as their QB's. Ap ran for almost 1800 yards.

Last year the Vikings had crappy QB play and terrible players around him, that matches LK's description, and as good as AP is, he couldn't will the Vikings to be playoff contenders.

AP missed 4 games last year. The vikings had a washed up vet at qb and then a rookie. Our defense was absolutley decimated my injuries. We were bad, but not as bad as everyone thought. I think 10 of our 13 losses were by 7 points or less. For us to even be close in games was a miracle.
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be correct Sad but it has been the one thing missing from our team since Sanders left it, I really think Lions fans were missing the good old days when the Lions teams actually had a super star back in Sims or Sanders those teams were fun to watch!

The Lions even today lack a stud back to help take pressure off of Stafford but I got to admit I am kind of liking Leshore some he is a solid back and when healthy seems to help the offense.

I really wonder if Calvin is injured he just isn't making them big plays this season and its looking like he is dealing with some kind of injury!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: