Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting Comments from ROMO in regards to DEZ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Dez has been targeted less then Miles but has more catches then Miles. Only 1 TD separates them, so I think Dez gets alot of heat but he has as many 100 yard games as Austin has this year as well. I think a few bad plays from Dez is what everybody remembers though but as a number 2 I think he is producing well. Actually he is the number 3 target behind Witten and Miles.

The problem isn't just a few aw-shucks plays - the problem is critical mistakes he makes. The costly turnovers because he got cute on punt return duty. The failure to read a basic route and ends up in a pick six.

Also - we are not comparing equals here.

There are maybe 3 WR's who have more talent than Dez. And yet his production doesn't match. Miles is in the green. Anything we get from him now has been a bonus given what he has overcome to get to this point. He's produced. Dez hasn't. Which is okay, he had a lot of obstacles in his way. But it gets to the point where you need to start seeing tangible results.

He has made some mistakes yes thats true, but the pick 6 and some of the other turnovers cant be put on just Dez, Romo needs to know not to throw some of those passes. We can say he ran the wrong route or whatever but Romo needs to not throw the ball and be more carefull with the ball. And yes I will compare him to Miles because everybody on the offense hasnt looked good, so how can you say Miles gets a pass because he has over came alot to be where he is, heck most players in the league have had to overcome things to get where they are.

props to Joe_is_the_best
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
He has made some mistakes yes thats true, but the pick 6 and some of the other turnovers cant be put on just Dez, Romo needs to know not to throw some of those passes. We can say he ran the wrong route or whatever but Romo needs to not throw the ball and be more carefull with the ball. And yes I will compare him to Miles because everybody on the offense hasnt looked good, so how can you say Miles gets a pass because he has over came alot to be where he is, heck most players in the league have had to overcome things to get where they are.

All of them? No of course not. The one I specifically cited - absolutely.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dez. His passion is remarkable. But he has high standards to meet - and he isn't, yet.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pick 6 your talking about I put on both of them but more so on Romo, Romo can not make that throw with the coverages. But anyways people blame Romo people blame Dez, the point is we have to be better in all phases. Romo, Dez everybody needs to improve. EVERYBODY including coach and GM

props to Joe_is_the_best
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Dez has been targeted less then Miles but has more catches then Miles. Only 1 TD separates them, so I think Dez gets alot of heat but he has as many 100 yard games as Austin has this year as well. I think a few bad plays from Dez is what everybody remembers though but as a number 2 I think he is producing well. Actually he is the number 3 target behind Witten and Miles.

The problem isn't just a few aw-shucks plays - the problem is critical mistakes he makes. The costly turnovers because he got cute on punt return duty. The failure to read a basic route and ends up in a pick six.

There are maybe 3 WR's who have more talent than Dez. And yet his production doesn't match. Miles is in the green. Anything we get from him now has been a bonus given what he has overcome to get to this point. He's produced. Dez hasn't. Which is okay, he had a lot of obstacles in his way. But it gets to the point where you need to start seeing tangible results.

So you're saying its not Dezs fault for running the wrong route rather Romo's for throwing the ball?

Is Romo supposed to be psychic now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said Romo should be physic but if Dez or any other reciever runs the wrong route then why throw him the ball. I see many times Romo just throw the ball and thats why he has 13 INTs, some yes have bounced off WRs hands (Miles) but people only want to talk about Dez needs to do this or that. Look does he need to improve yes, but im tired of Cowboys fans saying he needs to be traded or cut or whatever. For me I have no problem with how Dez plays the game, does he make mistakes yes but who doesnt. My thing is EVERYBODY has to improve no matter who you are, Ware, Witten, Romo, Ratliff anybody you want to name needs to improve and get better but to say he doesnt have production as the number 3 target then people need to check all the other teams number 3 targets numbers and see how they compare

props to Joe_is_the_best
pierrepet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

So you're saying its not Dezs fault for running the wrong route rather Romo's for throwing the ball?

I agree, the fault lies squarely on Bryant. I too used to talk about Bryant's upside and how good he can be. Problem is, I don't think he is ever going to put it together, nor I do I feel that he has had a successful season. You simply cannot make the mistakes Dez makes and win.

Passion for the game is great, but if you cannot do the small things right on a continual basis, you have no business starting in this league. Up to this point, he simply has not shown any consistency in his route running or ball control.
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

I agree, the fault lies squarely on Bryant. I too used to talk about Bryant's upside and how good he can be. Problem is, I don't think he is ever going to put it together, nor I do I feel that he has had a successful season. You simply cannot make the mistakes Dez makes and win.

Passion for the game is great, but if you cannot do the small things right on a continual basis, you have no business starting in this league. Up to this point, he simply has not shown any consistency in his route running or ball control.

Ok name one person on this offense that has been consistent on this team. Its ok I will wait. You could make a case for Witten but to start the season wasnt too good, I know his injury didnt help but really other then Witten nobody on this team has been consistent, You really think Robinson scored 11 TDs last year by running perfect routes? Heck most of his TDs came on Romo scrambling and Robinson running around like back yard football.

props to Joe_is_the_best
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

That ball would have been picked off anyway. The Bears did a good job disguising their coverage. If Dez runs the right route then it may not have been a pick 6, but the pass still gets picked. They thought they had man coverage but the corner was actually playing zone and he passes Dez off to the safety over the top. Then the corner sits on the shallow zone underneath. You cant throw a 7 yard hitch against that coverage. It gets picked every time.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.

Last edited by DaBoys on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

That ball would have been picked off anyway. The Bears did a good job disguising their coverage. If Dez runs the right route then it may not have been a pick 6, but the pass still gets picked. They thought they had man coverage but the corner was actually playing zone and he passes Dez off to the safety over the top. Then the corner sits on the shallow zone underneath. You cant throw a 7 yard hitch against that coverage. It get picked every time.

I didnt say it like that but yes, Romo has 13 INTs and while some arent all his fault he still has to make better judgement in certain situations. Im a huge Romo supporter but I can always but the blame on someone else. Like I said EVERYBODY has to play better and I put the blame on everybody.

props to Joe_is_the_best
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Don't mean to dump on Dez, but if Robinson can pick it up mid season, and Dez is still working on after almost 3 years, Dez is either not diligent or smart enough .

I don't think it has anything to do with that. It was Robinsons' 5th year in the league when he came to Dallas. He is a veteran WR, who is 27 years old. I'm not sure what you mean by "pick it up" it's not a special Dallas scheme he is talking about. It's precision route running. It's not trying to do to much. It's running your route the way you are supposed to run it, and being on time with it. That means cutting out some of the fancy moves. That means if it is a 12 yard hitch, then you need to hitch at 12 not 14, even if you think you can get those extra 2. A concept that a lot of young WRs' have trouble executing. Robinson didn't pick anything up per say, he is just a precision route runner. That's his cup of tea. He doesn't have a whole lot else going for him, but he understands that if he hits his mark a good QB will find him. It may have taken him a while to realize that himself. After all, he is a 6 year vet who is 27 years old, and Dez is a 3rd year WR, who just turned 24 on the 4th of this month. Yet Dez has 2,079 yards and 18 TDs in his career compared to Robinsons' 2,110 yards and 15 TDs, Despite having 3 more seasons, and nearly 4 years of age on Dez.

Dez has a multitude of talent that Robinson has only dreamt about. If Dez will slow down, and not try to win the superbowl every play, do the small things, he will be better than Robinson ever was. He already has a more productive career, and I believe he is getting better at these things I've discussed. His numbers have gone up every year, including this one.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Don't mean to dump on Dez, but if Robinson can pick it up mid season, and Dez is still working on after almost 3 years, Dez is either not diligent or smart enough .

I don't think it has anything to do with that. It was Robinsons' 5th year in the league when he came to Dallas. He is a veteran WR, who is 27 years old. I'm not sure what you mean by "pick it up" it's not a special Dallas scheme he is talking about. It's precision route running. It's not trying to do to much. It's running your route the way you are supposed to run it, and being on time with it. That means cutting out some of the fancy moves. That means if it is a 12 yard hitch, then you need to hitch at 12 not 14, even if you think you can get those extra 2. A concept that a lot of young WRs' have trouble executing. Robinson didn't pick anything up per say, he is just a precision route runner. That's his cup of tea. He doesn't have a whole lot else going for him, but he understands that if he hits his mark a good QB will find him. It may have taken him a while to realize that himself. After all, he is a 6 year vet who is 27 years old, and Dez is a 3rd year WR, who just turned 24 on the 4th of this month. Yet Dez has 2,079 yards and 18 TDs in his career compared to Robinsons' 2,110 yards and 15 TDs, Despite having 3 more seasons, and nearly 4 years of age on Dez.

Dez has a multitude of talent that Robinson has only dreamt about. If Dez will slow down, and not try to win the superbowl every play, do the small things, he will be better than Robinson ever was. He already has a more productive career, and I believe he is getting better at these things I've discussed. His numbers have gone up every year, including this one.

If you had just left it at Robinson has had more time to develop his route running than Dez, that would have been fine, as for the hundredth time I will say that I never said Robinson was a better receiver nor more talented than Dez, so please stop trying to argue against a point I am not making. I am just disappointed that Dez, with all his ability, is not more committed to his craft.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

Ok name one person on this offense that has been consistent on this team. Its ok I will wait. You could make a case for Witten but to start the season wasnt too good, I know his injury didnt help but really other then Witten nobody on this team has been consistent, You really think Robinson scored 11 TDs last year by running perfect routes? Heck most of his TDs came on Romo scrambling and Robinson running around like back yard football.

Free has been consistent - as has Burningadeuce. I think Miles minus a drop has been consistent. And yes, Robinson ran great routes and wasn't late on his cut or 5yds past his cut point. He was producing when Dez was injured and when Miles was injured

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

Free has been consistent - as has Burningadeuce. I think Miles minus a drop has been consistent. And yes, Robinson ran great routes and wasn't late on his cut or 5yds past his cut point. He was producing when Dez was injured and when Miles was injured

I'm guessing you mean Free has been consistently inconsistent and that Burningadeuce has been consistently awful...

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:

I'm guessing you mean Free has been consistently inconsistent and that Burningadeuce has been consistently awful...

I did Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
That pick 6 your talking about I put on both of them but more so on Romo, Romo can not make that throw with the coverages. But anyways people blame Romo people blame Dez, the point is we have to be better in all phases. Romo, Dez everybody needs to improve. EVERYBODY including coach and GM

WHAT?! The coverage dictated what Dez should have ran...and he would have caught that pass if he had CUT like he was suppose to. Once again...DALLAS runs a timing base offense...meaning the ball will be thrown and you have to be there...the sight adjustment is on the WRs. The QB dictate the throw base on the coverage. If Dez is one on one then he is expected to use his body to make the catch. He didn't run the right route on that play in Chicago which resulted in a pick 6.

ROMO does make idiot throws. But that certainly was not on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: