You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the 2011 WRs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Just curious, why are all of you putting Torrey ahead of Denarius Moore? Here are their career stats:

Torrey (25 games) - 81 catches (3.2), 1389 yards (55.6), 17.1 avg., 14 TD's (0.56)

Moore (21 games) - 67 catches (3.2), 1193 yards (56.Cool, 17.8 avg., 10 TD's (0.4Cool

Pretty damn close. I personally think both are roughly even at this point, but I'm surprised to see Torrey ranked higher on every single list.

Falastine wrote:
Rank them from top to bottom on who you'd rather have on your team going forward.

^^el ramster^^
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Green
Julio
Torrey
Shorts
Cobb
Moore
Titus
Kerley
Brown
Jernigan
Hankerson
Baldwin
Little
Doss
Harris
Pettis

This.

I hate the Jaguars
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize how near identical Moore and Shorts stats are this year. Would be a pretty good comparison.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think VB could definitely move up these lists if he comes back strong and looks as smooth as he did in the preseason.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rank the 2011 WRs Reply with quote

1) A.J. Green
2) Julio Jones
3) Torrey Smith
4) Randall Cobb
5) Denarius Moore
6) Titus Young
7) Cecil Shorts
Cool Jon Baldwin
9) Jeremy Kerley
10) Greg Little
11) Leonard Hankerson
12) Vincent Brown
13) Austin Pettis
14) Jerrel Jernigan
15) Tandon Doss
16) Dwayne Harris
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Just curious, why are all of you putting Torrey ahead of Denarius Moore? Here are their career stats:

Torrey (25 games) - 81 catches (3.2), 1389 yards (55.6), 17.1 avg., 14 TD's (0.56)

Moore (21 games) - 67 catches (3.2), 1193 yards (56.Cool, 17.8 avg., 10 TD's (0.4Cool

Pretty damn close. I personally think both are roughly even at this point, but I'm surprised to see Torrey ranked higher on every single list.
I don't know about Moore, but to be fair on Torrey, he really wasn't involved in the offense until that Rams game of last year where he broke out.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I didn't realize how near identical Moore and Shorts stats are this year. Would be a pretty good comparison.

I didn't realize that either.
Cecil has been playing with far worse QB play though.

I hate the Jaguars
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Yes he has, I'll give you that. Moore missed a game and started off a little slow because of his hamstring injury and missing camp...will be interesting to see how they both finish. I do really like Shorts though, and he scored me 24 points last week in fantasy Wink he's going to be good, definitely looks better than Blackmon, but I still have hope for him.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Yes he has, I'll give you that. Moore missed a game and started off a little slow because of his hamstring injury and missing camp...will be interesting to see how they both finish. I do really like Shorts though, and he scored me 24 points last week in fantasy Wink he's going to be good, definitely looks better than Blackmon, but I still have hope for him.

Yeah, I still think Blackmon will be good.
Cecil had like 3 catches all year last year.......
But, Cecil wasn't even starting at the beginning of this season. Shocked

I hate the Jaguars
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Shorts only played 82 snaps in our first 5 games.

Even with the little amount of reps in those games, he was still producing. Had 8 catches, 205 yards, 4 catches of 20 + yards in those 82 snaps.

He's become the #1 receiver. He looks like a keeper, as does Moore.

^^el ramster^^
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

It might be the same situation for Moore, but I've noticed a ton of missed throws to Torrey Smith by Flacco. Smith gets open deep and Flacco overthrows him. Seemed to happend 1-2 times a game last season.

I wouldn't argue if someone ranked Moore higher than Smith, I just have Smith slightly higher at the moment...

Yeah, I mentioned that on the previous page. Torrey really should've put up bigger numbers. Against the Jets last year, for instance, he finished with one catch for one yard. But the way he was getting open downfield, he should've finished with 5 for 100+.

The point was that, given how similar their production is and how close they are in overall ability, I expected at least one person to flip them in the rankings. Not that it really matters, as I'm a big fan of both.

mike23md
Gmen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
1. AJ Green
2. Julio Jones
3. Torrey Smith
4. Randall Cobb
5. Denarius Moore
6. Jeremy Kerley
7. Cecil Shorts
8. Titus Young
9. Greg Little
10. Jonathan Baldwin
11. Leonard Hankerson
12. Vincent Brown
13. Austin Pettis
14. Tandon Doss
15. Jerrel Jernigan
16. Dwayne Harris

This is disrespectful to Dwayne Harris

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
skrILL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. A.J. Green
2. Julio Jones
3. Torrey Smith
4. Denarius Moore
5. Randall Cobb
6. Jeremy Kerley
7. Jon Baldwin
8. Cecil Shorts
9. Greg Little
10. Titus Young
11. Vincent Brown
12. Leonard Hankerson
13. Tandon Doss
14. Austin Pettis
15. Dwayne Harris
16. Jerrel Jernigan

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

You're saying you don't understand why he's higher, then proceed to show stats that show he's done better...

In 4 more games though. Give Moore those 4 games and the stats are nearly identical, which is what i think he is getting at.

IMO it's very close, but Torreys blazing speed gives him a slight advantage to most people, and by all accounts his route running has improved dramatically.

A 4.43 forty is obviously impressive, but I'm surprised Torrey didn't run in the 4.33-4.35 range. His top-end speed is some of the very best in the league amongst receivers.

Denarius is a burner as well. Not quite as fast as DHB, but he can still fly.

It definitely looks like Smith is faster than that on the field, he just flys past people. Moore might not be as fast but he's got moves, runs good routes and can make any catch (but also drop the easiest pass Mad )

Exactly. Torrey has more speed on the field which obviously you can't teach. Moore is the better route runner. As a rookie, Torrey really couldn't run many routes in the tree, but this year it's a very marked improvement in that area for him. I think his potential is still higher than Moore's.

So when you factor in production and potential and both favor Torrey, it's hard for me to see how Moore should be ahead of him. And I like Moore a lot, so it's not a "hate" thing (before I get accused of "hating" another team).

Also, just to be fair to both players, while it's 25 games to 23, each have had 1 or more games at the beginning of their rookie seasons that they were not involved in the offense and got 0 targets. So, in reality the stats are from 23 games for Torrey vs 22 games for Moore.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Rank the 2011 WRs Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

The fact that you think Weeden and Gabbert are worlds ahead of Cassel is just your homerism coming through. Are they better passers? Sure, because Cassel is awful. But they are not far enough ahead (and really not that far at all in my opinion) to make much of a difference when factoring in QB play for the WRs. They're all bad, yet Shorts and Little have still shown more (and I'm not talking purely stats, I'm talking when they've gotten the ball, so the whole "Baldwin is stuck behind Bowe and Breaston" argument is null and void).

So, again, I'm very much factoring in QB play, and I'm most certainly factoring in opportunity by not looking purely at stats but rather what the players do when given the ball.

...and that is what order you would take them going forward, correct? Not, how good they have been so far.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: