Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battered and Bruised: Ravens vs. Steelers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon, no Big Ben, no Polamalu, no Antonio Brown, an injured backup QB and we lose by 3 pts due to sloppy special teams and not converting on their side of the 50.
steelfan51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Cmon, no Big Ben, no Polamalu, no Antonio Brown, an injured backup QB and we lose by 3 pts due to sloppy special teams and not converting on their side of the 50.

To me, it's the fact that this one was so within reach, even without those guys. This would have been a huge win. Things almost seemed better when the outcome seemed like we would get crushed. Ultimately losing because of a special teams play kinda just hits the right spot for that sour feeling..
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Redman will be out with a concussion this week, right?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought we pretty much outplayed them the entire game. At least as I figured our defense needed to show up and they did. Our offense was even more effective than theirs just that Lefty was too injured right from the start.

Like the fact that all the young guys for us got great experience in this game.

Lewis, Adams, Heyward, Allen, Sanders & even Gilreath.

Dline played pretty well. Lot of holds of course that werent even mentioned.

...you have a forum resume?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me what I'm missing in regards to OL rules. Obviously I misunderstand something. The refs couldn't have missed the call 10+ times. Once the OL is set I understand it can move around, look side to side, during audibles. But why are they allowed to make sudden jerking movements just prior to the snap. What am I missing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame 50% of this loss on Byron Leftwich and the other 50% on Mike Tomlin. Yes Wallace fumbled, yes the Special teams allowed a Punt return but Leftwich had an absolute horrid game. People could of said Wallace should of maid a better effort on the one throw blah, blah blah.

You all know Im not one to come in here and bash Pittsburgh and am a true fan but its obvious Leftwich struggled BIG time!!! There were throw that werent close whatsoever. Our offense was flat as can be. I hope Batch gets the nod next week.

As for Tomlin I now Leftwich is giving it his all out there taking shots and you want to let him out there to amend him for giving it his all but damn it man we looked absolutely horrid! Leftwich is squinting every time he threw the ball or rolled out of the pocket, its obvious he's in pain and its affecting our offense. Make the darn change! 3 quarts of flat line football on offense, we needed a spark. For better or for worse I think we should of put Charlie out there and see what he could do. Way to conservative for my liking and to me the change was necessary.

Side note Mendenhall is as good as gone! Aside for him wasting a perfectly good 15 seconds on that last "drive" every time he got a carry he seemed to just pounded in into the crowd of men instead of being elusive and trying to make a play. When I heard Mendenhall was coming back this week I was actually upset. I run Dwyer like crazy from here on out. Dont even let Mendenhall sniff the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing the Special teams and turnover battle is the formula for losing games, and has proven to be true time and time again with us.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Can someone explain to me what I'm missing in regards to OL rules. Obviously I misunderstand something. The refs couldn't have missed the call 10+ times. Once the OL is set I understand it can move around, look side to side, during audibles. But why are they allowed to make sudden jerking movements just prior to the snap. What am I missing?

I like to know the answer to this as well. Confused

It clearly looked a few times that the OG moved in a way that could be called a false start. I guess the refs didn't think it was but I would like to know why not?

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
C$!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big question I had was why the Steelers didn't run the ball when they got into the red zone. Dwyer essentially got them there and on the 3rd and 2 they call a fade for Wallace. Pound it in there. It was working!
Anyway very upsetting loss, regardless of the injuries, it was there for the taking, and they couldn't capitalize on the opportunity. Too bad... Lets hope Big Ben isn't out for TOO long.
It was nice to see the D completely shut them down though...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
A big question I had was why the Steelers didn't run the ball when they got into the red zone. Dwyer essentially got them there and on the 3rd and 2 they call a fade for Wallace. Pound it in there. It was working!
Anyway very upsetting loss, regardless of the injuries, it was there for the taking, and they couldn't capitalize on the opportunity. Too bad... Lets hope Big Ben isn't out for TOO long.

Yeah I was wondering that too... I also didn't understand the deep passes on 3rd and short! Confused

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:

Haley called a bad game from my opinion. 3rd and 1 pass, 3rd and 2 pass the Steelers weren't dominating the LOS, but I'd put more faith in getting the yardage on the ground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: