Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Battered and Bruised: Ravens vs. Steelers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens weren’t deep in the secondary to begin with, and now
former first-rounder Jimmy Smith, who was replacing Lardarius Webb after he went on injured reserve, had groin surgery today. The team hopes he’ll return before the end of the season, according to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, but it leaves them very thin now.

Now lets see how Haley takes advantage of this further weakening of the secondary.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
One of easiest schedule or not; without big ben you can bet the pressure is on the Ravens. Likehood is that this game now have became a possible trap game for the ravens. Its always been an emotional game for both of us when playing each other. I'm not suggesting factors are in our favor but intangibles sure are in our favor.

I don't care about records or injuries. The Steelers/Ravens is never a Trap Game game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Pittsburgh is tied with Tampa for second easiest strength of schedule to this point at .398 behind only Atlanta at .370.

Baltimore is not much better and just behind at .407

One win against a team with a winning record, the New York Giants, who appear to be in their annual November tailspin.

But how good were the offenses the Steelers faced up until this point? Only 2 teams the Steelers faced this season were outside the Top 20. Even KC was #18 in the league in total offense. The Steelers faced 4 teams within the top 15 and are 3-2 against them. As a whole yes I agree the records are bad, but the offensive output is good. The defense has did its job without generating turnovers or sacks at a high rate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailers/09000d5d8285abdf/Baltimore-Ravens-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers-movie-trailer

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendenhall reported being incident-free after practice Thursday and there is the possibility he will start. I would bet on all 3 main RBs being used.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have brought this up in the old GDT:

Did anybody notice the inverted wishbone we threw at KC?

I didn't know we were practicing that. What does this mean for the running game?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the first Ravens/Steelers game Ward hasn't played in since the start of the rivalry in 2000..
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
This will be the first Ravens/Steelers game Ward hasn't played in since the start of the rivalry in 2000..

Ed Reed just sighed in relief.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I should have brought this up in the old GDT:

Did anybody notice the inverted wishbone we threw at KC?

I didn't know we were practicing that. What does this mean for the running game?

I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but it seems to me that when teams use the inverted bone formation the run gets blown up more often than not.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Ravens have played horrible away from home... and they're dealing with several key injuries. Injuries that together, are worst than ours of Ben and Troy.

I actually think we can win this if the defense stops any big plays and the line can help the run game become effective. Are we really forgetting that our line and run game has been impressive (sans Monday) for the last 5 games and the Ravens have pretty much the worst run defense this year?

Stop throwing in the white towel; I like our chances on Sunday.

Laughing

I suppose this is why our run defense is sitting at 3.9 YPC (8th in NFL), right? I won't argue that our run defense hasn't been average to below average at times this season. But FTMP, it's been due to inconsistency. The longest run that any team has broken off against us, even with all of our missed tackles and poor gap integrity has been something like 28 yards. Before Suggs return a huge weakness of our rushing defense wasn't simply it's inability to stop the run, but tiring down from its inability to get off the field. The Ravens are 23rd in the league in 3rd down execution and when in conjunction with being the 7th most penalized defense you start to see a picture of a team that's seeing a lot of long drives going against them.

When the Ravens were able to correct those issues the unit has been much better. And the unit has only become much more consistent and largely better at stopping the run since the return of Suggs. The Ravens certainly aren't one of the worst run defenses in the NFL this season... I'd even argue that our run defense is... wait for it... the strength of our defense (Shocked)... Our pass defense and Dean Pees propensity for leaving TEs completely WIDE open anywhere outside the hashmarks (15 yd corner, simple release into the flats, an out route) is probably going to see Heath Miller go for a career game of easily 400 yds receiving and 8 TDs... easily.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that Keenan Lewis decided he couldn't keep his trap shut, go ahead and give 2 TDs minimum to Torrey Smith, so we are starting down 14-0.

From Baltimore Sun:

“Honestly, he’s a real fast guy but he’s not Mike Wallace," Lewis said of Smith. "We’ve got the fastest guy in the league. Period. Every day. So when you have a guy like that you practice with, especially me in the summer time then every day in practice, I’m feeling pretty comfortable about guarding him.”

Anyone think Lewis won't get burned AT LEAST once this game!! Brick wall

It's fine to have confidence, but his answer should have been: "He's a real fast guy, and after trying to guard Wallace in practice, I can appreciate the difficulty in trying to cover guys with speed", or something to that effect. No sense in giving these guys any extra motivation. If Lewis thought that Smith's response would be: "He's right, I shouldn't even try. Wallace IS faster so Lewis will surely be able to blanket me in coverage and I won't stand a chance", then Lewis isn't too bright.

It's no big deal, really, I know, but the whole "karma" thing seems to bite us in the butt at times with these types of statements.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE what Lewis said!! He is slowly getting better and deserves to be more confident. He didn't say anything idiotic but rather stated an obvious fact. I love confident and borderline cocky players. If you lack attitude then stay off the field.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
I LOVE what Lewis said!! He is slowly getting better and deserves to be more confident. He didn't say anything idiotic but rather stated an obvious fact. I love confident and borderline cocky players. If you lack attitude then stay off the field.

I get that, but visions of Anthony Smith from years ago rears its ugly head.

It wasn't over the top, to be sure, and I do like the confidence, just prefer "quiet" confidence, is all...

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Mendenhall reported being incident-free after practice Thursday and there is the possibility he will start. I would bet on all 3 main RBs being used.
good we need some good news.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
C$!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I get that, but visions of Anthony Smith from years ago rears its ugly head.

It wasn't over the top, to be sure, and I do like the confidence, just prefer "quiet" confidence, is all...

Well to be fair, Flacco is not Brady, as much as he would like to think he is. I don't doubt Smith's speed and talent, but Lewis didn't say anything thats unture. And seriously what's he supposed to say? " I'm don't feel good about it" ?! He would get torn up even more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: