Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Texans vs. Jaguars GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omgomgomg wowowow!
jargin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson made the play that delivered us into the realm of victory. He made plays from the opening drive to the final drive of regulation and into the last bit of overtime. What an incredible performance by an incredible player. 273 yards and a TD, a career best in yardage for Dre. The first game in NFL history that had two players go over 200 yards receiving. Matt Schaub with a monster stat line of 527 yards and 5 TD's. The defense was not on its proper game but came up big in a few spots. Obviously letting up the huge plays to shorts and blackmon were killers but Joseph's tackle, Watt's sack, the tipped passes and the incompletions at the end of the game and overtime really allowed us to stay in the game. After Schaub threw the INT in overtime the defense really stood strong and got us the ball back.

Seeing Andre Johnson stroll into the endzone and then leap into the fans at Reliant Stadium for the walk off overtime TD was just beautiful.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO thought youd all appreciate this, consider it karma for Manning playing terrible and contributing the worst amount in this game
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts:

- Any Given Sunday. That is the moral of this story. If you sleep on anyone in this league, it will come back to haunt you. The Texans didn't fall asleep on this one, but it's safe to say that there were a few sips of Nyquil before the game...

- This being said, good to see that we can win a "shootout" game. This one was all about who can throw the best, and the Jags just played their best game of the season (if not the best game of the last two seasons). This one wasn't going to be dictated by either defense, this one was good ol' "throw it like you stole it" football.

- Matt friggin Schaub, ladies and gentlemen. The two INTs is all what folks are going to worry about, but this game was a landmark performance by the oft-criticized QB. 527 yards is tied for 2nd amongst NFL QBs, the 78% completion rate is tops amongst QBs with 50+ pass attempts, and the way Matt upped his game after the first INT (14/14, 156 yards, 2 TDs) is how you want your QB to answer the bell when he realizes it's on his shoulders. Guy was a maestro out there, and without him...it's completely feasable that we lose this one.

- So...is that an old AJ, or "old" AJ? 14 receptions. 273 yards. Walk off TD on a 43 yard catch and run. Someone who is "old" and "injured" shouldn't be doing that, opponents be damned. At 31, he just had his career game, and this is a guy who has a fingerhold on HoF status. Now we know what will happen if teams load up on Arian Foster and dare AJ to beat 'em. He's gonna beat 'em.

- Someone send out an APB and get a search party together, we need to find the Texans' secondary. In the midst of the warm and fuzzies that the offense has given us, we can't ignore the elephant in the room. Danieal Manning, Kareem Jackson, Jonathan Joseph and Glover Quin need to be giving their gameday checks to AJ and Schaub, because if we don't win that game, it's ALL on them. This isn't the secondary we've gotten used to, this was a 2010/Frank Bush/David Gibbs secondary. That ain't gonna win games for us, no sir.

- One person who ain't lost? Al Sharpton's nephew, Daryl. Man oh man, does he look fresh and ready to play. Guy was a cruise missile out there, just attacking the ball carrier and sniffing out the run when in. Not too bad an effort for someone who is shaking off the rust. I think his workload is going to gradually increase, and he should be full tilt somewhere around week 15 - 17...right when we need him at full tilt. In 2013, Cushing/Sharpton might be one of the better ILB tandems in the NFL...

- Hmm. Special...teams? Mayhaps we aren't as bad as we think? Ignore Jacoby taking a punt 63 yards for the Ravens yesterday, and how he's a virtual lock for a Pro Bowl nod...and really look at how Keshawn Martin did in what amounts to his 4th game as THE return guy. He had a big KR early in the game, and was off to the races on the PR had that P not got Anger-ed. (Bad pun intended). The unit is still a long way from where it needs to be, but progressing slowly but surely. This being said - c'mon Caldwell, WTF was THAT!? Marciano's unit tends to make mistakes, whether it be in the return game or the kicking units. This can't be tolerated.

- So...Jacksonville. Hate to say it, but this team is starting to worry me beyond 2012. Chad Henne isn't a great QB, but this team shows what it can do if it has a QB play moderately well, which is to rip up a usually stout secondary. The WRs this team has are very good (Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts were putting on a clinic, and Laurent Robinson is mighty good when healthy) and when (...if?) you get a healthy MJD back, this is an offense that can put in some work. Pair this up with QB Matt Barkley, or QB Geno Smith...and...well, another Indy-esque resurgance is very much a possibility. At least the Titans are still bad, I guess...

- Good to win one that felt like a loss on the horizion. I know I felt a loss looming a few times yesterday. There were two points in which I felt all was lost; The first Matt Schaub INT, and the first Jags drive. Yet, even with these moments that felt like 2009/2010, the Texans found ways to bring it back. The O was led by Schaub, who really took ownership of his first mistake and led the team back from a 14 point deficit, and the defense led by JJ Watt, who made the biggest play on the big 5 yard loss when the Jags tried to punch it in from six yards out. In years past, the Texans find ways to lose this game, and for the most part...they were finding those ways to lose pretty frequently yesterday. Yet, they found ways to make plays to win the game, and 9-1 speaks to that.

Any Given Sunday, I guess.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MVP of the game iss JJ, the way he knifed through the line on first and goal from the 6 to stop their RB deep in the backfield was the play of the game which eventually turned into a game tying FG late in OT. The mans a beast even though he's not racking up sacks like he used to, he's been so dominate against the run.

Can't wait for the rest of our pass rush to join the party..... Rolling Eyes

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
My MVP of the game iss JJ, the way he knifed through the line on first and goal from the 6 to stop their RB deep in the backfield was the play of the game which eventually turned into a game tying FG late in OT. The mans a beast even though he's not racking up sacks like he used to, he's been so dominate against the run.

Can't wait for the rest of our pass rush to join the party..... Rolling Eyes
Its hard to pick out a single play in a game like that but I don't think you are wrong. I would say JJ's tackle along with Andre's TD were the two that made the biggest difference.

jargin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One criticism I would make that I think others have already is....why did we just "stop" on the last drive of regulation when we still had another time out and about a minute to get way closer to the endzone than we did??? We could have completed another 15-20 yard pass and called a timeout instead of just handing off to Foster then having the false start back us up.

DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think it needs to be said that Andre is one of the most clutchest receivers ever. The dude ALWAYS comes up huge in key situations. His catch at the end of the 4th should of already ended the game but it didn't so he catches a pass in overtime and decides to take it to the house.
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did we win?!?!?!
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
did we win?!?!?!

While it doesn't reflect in your record, I'd say it was a HUGE win for the Jags. Wink
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
did we win?!?!?!

Blaine Gabbert is now firmly planted on the bench. I would say that you won.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jagman777 wrote:
did we win?!?!?!

Blaine Gabbert is now firmly planted on the bench. I would say that you won.

Yes, thank you.
Gabbert officially to IR (Shoulder Surgery), ending his career in effect in Jacksonville.

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub takes home AFC offensive player of the week.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
DreDay80

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks it should of been Andre?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks it should of been Andre?

It could of gone either way, but Schaubs day left him #2 all time for yards in a game which I think gives him the edge.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: