Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bothered by Baffling Boo-Birds (our crowd sucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Let me say first that I don't consider boos bad behavior in any way. You're paying money to watch a sport and if you're not happy with the result there's no reason you shouldn't voice that displeasure. I wouldn't boo high school or college kids, but pros should be fair game.

I also think that the most frustration comes from being a mediocre team, not a bad team. Fans stop caring about bad teams, mediocre teams keep the fans invested enough to dissapoint them.

As far other teams fans booing, any East coast team is worse. The Jets fans are worse.

I'll tell ya, my family has season tickets for the Cardinals and on average I will catch 2-3 games a year there. They don't boo, they just get very quiet and leave early. I don't know if it's because they have been historically not a very good team or not, but the Vikings fans and crowd get much, much more into the games than what I have seen over the past couple of years in AZ.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
I'll tell ya, my family has season tickets for the Cardinals and on average I will catch 2-3 games a year there. They don't boo, they just get very quiet and leave early. I don't know if it's because they have been historically not a very good team or not, but the Vikings fans and crowd get much, much more into the games than what I have seen over the past couple of years in AZ.

That's gotta be a long road trip from Billings.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed for years that most of the people in Minnesota are real "bandwagon" fans. They are happy only when the Vikings are completely dominating the competition.

My theory for why it is this way is that they have suffered so many disappointments over the years that they don't want to become emotionally invested unless they feel there is a very good chance the team could finally get over the hump and win it all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're one of the privileged fan bases that offers our team a very legitimate advantage at home. A lot of those dedicated individuals feel it is owed to them that they in-turn get what they're paying for. Paying in monetary, time, or emotional value. It's a combination of things, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the stadium experience at the Metrodome is sub-par.

To this day, some of the best experiences I've had is meeting Viking fans on the road. Singing Skol Vikings in the corridors of Jacksonville Municipal a couple years ago after a win, surrounded by at least 30-40 other Viking fans from all across North America...Eating Gumbo in a parking lot near M&T Bank in Baltimore after a preseason game with 20 Viking fans from Louisiana...Thousands of Viking fans in Cleveland for the game when Adrian Peterson's legendary stiff arm run happened to kick off the 2009 season and partying in the hallways, chanting "Super Bowl" with dozens of purple people.

The Vikes have a significantly bigger fan base than i think most Viking fans themselves even know about. You only really see it when on the road and the support is strong. These people give their social life to this team and if they want to be a little overbearing about their passion on occasion, I don't mind. We have educated fans and because of it, I give fellow fans the BOTD.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:

That's gotta be a long road trip from Billings.

Allegiant Air direct flight! Nice to escape the cold at least once during the winter, just wish the Vikes played more games there. Last couple AZ-MIN matches have been played in the dome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: