Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ PIT Steelers (Wk 11)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many sacks will Suggs have?
0 sks- Probably have a batted down pass, nothing more
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
1 sk- He gets one when we're in need of a key play.
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
2 sks- That average Steelers OL cannot stop Suggs from dominating.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
3 sks- Suggs goes complete HAM on them and puts himself in the CPOTY race.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: GDT: BAL Ravens @ PIT Steelers (Wk 11) Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

Pittsburgh Steelers

Feature:
Many people will look at this game and they'll think about this matchup as a classic AFCN slobber knocker- a battle between two divisional foes that have a strong distaste for one another. They'll look at this as the greatest rivalry in all of football (and they'd be right)... you know, they'll focus on the "surface sound".

But let's look at this matchup a step further and delve into what its truly representing. It's really a cultural distinction. The Steelers culture is most known for their "Terrible Towels". And I'd like to refer you to the above image. Here we have an example of someone within the Terrible Towel cultural subset. We see a male with an obvious unattractive figure- extra layers of belly fat to provide warmth in the colder months. He appears to be of below average IQ level... choosing to run around half naked with a helmet strapped to his head swinging two yellow towels in each of his hands. Clearly one can understand this to be not-so-normal behavior. So in addition to the below average IQ we can determine that he is possessing of behavior abnormality. This is not uncommon to those persons within the "Terrible Towel" subset. Some will be much bigger, some slightly smaller, very few classified as "athletic". Across the board however we've determined that these behavioral abnormalities are consistent within their grouping.

On the other side now is the group from Baltimore. They fall under the "Ball So Hard" cultural subset. There has yet to be crafted a definition capable enough of truly breaking down the essence of what it means to "Ball So Hard". Yet anthropologists have been able to confirm that the members under this particular cultural subset are present with high levels of a term known as "swagger". They're also known for expert level versatility within their fields. They operate at the highest level of achievement. Their IQ levels are also unmeasurable for they have no time to be bothered with intelligence measures that can't factor in #ballintothemaximum qualities. Yet if such an intelligence measure of this kind existed, they'd destroy the curve. What we can tell from the above image is that these members of the BSH subset are stylish, possessed with class (wait! I'ma let you finish), and a combination of attractiveness and culture that gives them the complete package.

The BSU graduate is much more well-rounded, cultured, intelligent, socially competent, and attractive. From this we can easily see that no matter the outcome of this actual game... the many Ravens fans that hail from Ball So Hard University are far superior in comparison to their less-evolved cultural cousins.

Where: Heinz Field
When: November 18, 2012- 8:20 PM EST
TV: NBC
Weather: 52-34°- Should be a classic AFCN cold weather battle. Nothing unexpected on the radar.

Quote:
Stat Report (OFFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total - 354.1 yds/g (T-16th), 5.8 yds/play (9th); 28.2 PPG (4th)
Passing- 249.2 yds/g (13th); 13 TDs (T-13th); 7 INT (T-8th)
Rushing - 104.9 yds/g (20th); 4.3 ypc (T-11th); 12 TDs (2nd); Att/g- 24.4 (23rd)

PIT Steelers
Total - 354.1 yds/g (T-16th), 5.3 yds/play (21st); 23 PPG (18th)
Passing- 250.3 yds/g (11th); 17 TDs (T-8th); 4 INTs (2nd)
Rushing- 103.8 yds/g (21st); 3.8 ypc (T-22nd), 4 TDs (T-24th), Att/g- 27.3 (13th)

Quote:
Stat Report (DEFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total: 390.2 yds/g (27th); Yds/Play- 5.4 (16th);
Breakdown: 21.8 PPG (13th); 7.3 Yds/Pass (19th); 3.9 ypc (T-7th)
Impact: 16 sacks (T-22nd); 10 INT (T-6th); 5 FFs (T-26th)
TDs Scored: 2 INT (T-7th)

PIT Steelers
Total: 265.7 yds/g (1st); Yds/Play- 4.7 (3rd)
Breakdown: 19.7 PPG (7th); 5.9 Yds/Pass (1st); 4.0 ypc (T-9th)
Impact: 16 sacks (T-22nd); 5 INTs (T-26th); 8 FFs (15th)
TDs Scored: 2 INT (T-last)

ESPN Picks:
N/A

Quote:
Purple Keys to the Game:
1. Turnovers- This is old hat by now. The winner of the our games usually (in the past) has come down to whichever defense was able to force those crucial turnovers or which offense made that critical mistake. In this game, playing on the road at Heinz against a defense that hasn't produced the pass rush they've displayed in the past, but is still fielding an elite defensive unit. We can't let their defense catch us off guard.

2. Communication- I'm sure everyone remembers Troy Polamalu coming off the edge for the free sack/fumble against the Patriots a few years ago, I'm sure. The Steelers pass rush hasn't been as explosive as in years past, but they are still very creative in getting to the quarterback. Our OL has usually afforded Flacco great time at home, but on the road have faltered due to poor communication. If the line communicate properly, Joe should have the pocket he needs to take what the Steelers air attack gives him and not try and force passes while throwing off his backfoot and the like.

3. Early lead- Whether Roethlisberger plays in the upcoming game against us or not, it's going to be important for us to get out to a lead early. Once we can do that and force Byron Leftwich or Big Ben playing with a likely numbed throwing shoulder... we should see a lot more passes and a lot more passes should lead us to more opportunities to get key turnovers and push the lead further.

Quote:
Jedi Knights of the day:
1. Terrell Suggs- Well we ARE talking about the Dean of Allied Affairs at Ball So Hard University. Against an average (at best) OL, Suggs should go off for a nice game- all the while finishing plays and putting fear into the opposing offense.

2. Ed Reed- The Steelers are likely going to be passing the ball a lot of the time. With Webb out until next season and Jimmy Smith battling through a groin injury and his obvious abdominal injury... you'd have to think the Steelers are licking their chops. We should see plenty of passes against us, unless Ben is out (or not healthy enough) and therefore either way we should see a game where Ed Reed has to make some plays in coverage... perhaps they end up in interceptions returned for touchdowns.

3. Jacoby Jones- I think Jones has a big day in helping us. His return skills coupled with his ability to make plays as a receiver should give us a boost. It'll be a tough game to win no matter who starts at QB for the Steelers and Jones should provide a spark.

Sith Lord's to Avoid:
1. Dean Pees- So basically, I still think he is a traitorous spawn that will try and destroy our playoff chances. So until he proves he can make proper use of our defense... he will forever remain on this list.

2. Ike Taylor- He may not have the ball skills that you look for, but he's a lockdown corner that will make plays on the ball. We need to do our best to avoid targeting him.

3. Lawrence Timmons- He's a playmaker in the middle of the Steelers defense. He's going to run sideline to sideline and stop plays. If we're running to the outsides, chances are that its not going to work. We will have to try and attack up the middle- be aggressive with our run game.

Quote:
Injury Report:
BAL RAVENS
LIMITED PRACTICE
TBD

PIT Steelers
DNP
Week 8
TBD

LP
Week 8
TBD

THIS is no ordinary game... Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens - 55
Steelers - 20

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-on-tv-video/terrible-towels-around-baltimore/

thought you'd all get a kick out of this one if you haven't seen it yet

GO RAVENS!!
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After what happened in our last game, I'm going to try this again Laughing

We better win this pretty easily

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-on-tv-video/terrible-towels-around-baltimore/

thought you'd all get a kick out of this one if you haven't seen it yet

My thoughts on that video:
- thank goodness I've never had to be subjected to the real version of that ad
- I hope they didn't pay for those - what's printed on them makes them not worth the linen they're printed on

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
StRawz11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Ravens 21-17 in this one. Games are always close regardless if Roethlisberger is in or not

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
StevenV32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ben is going to play (Gut feeling), i just don't think he will miss this one bum shoulder or not. And since its in Pittsburgh i think he plays pretty well so…….

Joe Cool 3 peats at Heinz.
27-24 RAVENS

And in regards to the poll,
Suggs should get a sack, but he will most likely end up making a HUGE impact throughout the game doing things that don't end up in the stat sheet.

Question:
Anyone have an update on Ngata?
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Ben Roethlisberger is out this week and Byron Leftwich will get the start. Steelers are not taking any chances w Ben, deciding to sit him

So per Jay Glazer, Big Ben is out this week. This may be one of those things where I need to wait to actually see it before I believe it. Big Ben potentially being out this game is huge. Leftwich doesn't fit Haley's offense so well, and I think Haley's offense with Big Ben would tear our secondary a new one. I think with Leftwich at the helm, we can easily contain the passing game, which means we need to focus on stopping the run up front. I'm thinking we should go with a big front with Ngata, Suggs, Art Jones, and Mt. Cody getting a lot of playing time on the line. If we force Leftwich to beat us, I think we'll be in good shape. If Antonio Brown is out again, that should certainly help us seeing as how our CB situation looks pretty limited. I am worried about Wallace getting deep on us. We've been vulnerable to the deep ball this year, and Webb was the only corner I was confident could stick with Wallace. We're going to have to keep a safety over the top with him, which just takes one of our defenders (likely Reed) out of the play. If we match up Cary Williams against Mike Wallace, it could get ugly.

On the offensive side of the ball, if they're without Troy P again, that helps a lot. Over the years, their defense has been a completely different beast with and without him. This year it seems like their finally adjusting to not having him in the lineup, but with the chance that Ryan Clark may also be out, their safety situation is hurting right now. Usually when there are backup/inexperienced safeties they play them conservatively deep to make sure they don't make mistakes. If we allow Torrey and Jacoby to get deep early and force their safeties back, it would open the middle of the field so much for pitta/Q/dickson/rice assuming Cam isn't too stubborn to use the middle of the field this week. If we can get the run game going (which RR usually does pretty well against the steelers), theres a pretty good chance we could fool the inexperienced safeties in on a PA and hit torrey or jacoby deep. I think our primary focus should still be running the ball to set up the pass. Until proven otherwise, I don't trust Joe to take over games on the road this year. We need to get Rice his touches early before Cam decides to forget he's on the roster. If Rice can get things going early, that just opens up everything else for this offense.

Needless to say I'm stoked for this game and the next 3 weeks in general. Sunday cannot get here any quicker.

Lets Go Ravens!
27-16

GO RAVENS!!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Ben report is true. And I hope Brown is out again. As for Wallace, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Cary is the best option to put on him. I'd say Jimmy, but Jimmy gets fooled with double moves and Wallace would run that on him all day. Cary on Wallace with Ed over the top (and telling Ed to absolutely not freelance), and make Leftwich/Sanders beat us. The x-factor here I think will be Heath Miller -- we've struggled all year to cover TEs and he could be a big outlet for Leftwich.

As for my normal weekly prediction:

Ravens 20
Steelers 17

Flacco: 17/29, 234 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Rice: 16 carries, 76 yards, TD; 3 rec, 17 yards
Boldin: 2 rec, 31 yards
Smith: 3 rec, 58 yards
Pitta: 5 rec, 64 yards, TD
Jones: 2 rec, 44 yards
Dickson: 1 rec, 16 yards
Leac: 1 rec, 4 yards

Suggs: 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 PD
Ellerbe: INT
Kruger: .5 sack, 1 PD
Jones: .5 sack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that we don't get cocky just because Ben is out. As someone already mentioned, these games are always close regardless of if Ben is in. We barely won against Dennis Dixon a few years back. Lets hope Harbaugh keeps our guys focused.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b-rave11 wrote:
I hope that we don't get cocky just because Ben is out. As someone already mentioned, these games are always close regardless of if Ben is in. We barely won against Dennis Dixon a few years back. Lets hope Harbaugh keeps our guys focused.

Regarding Dennis Dixon, I think a lot of that has to do with containing mobile QB's. It was his legs, not his arm/decision-making that gave us problems (even in cases of completed throws, it seemed to be his ability to avoid the rush and extend plays that hurt us). This seems to be the case with Ben as well. Leftwich does not present these problems. Actually, I think that Leftwich may be the perfect matchup for our secondary. He has a strong arm, but an incredibly slow motion/wind-up. Our gambling, ball-hawking (I don't mean that as completely complimentary) secondary should pick off at least 2 balls this Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leftwich is starting? Ravens win 1,000,000 to 7.

The 7 points coming from a Flacco pick six on an out route.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I forgot leftwich plays on their defense...

i really hope the players don't share your mentality that its going to be an easy game. Outside of the Houston game, this one will be the toughest test so far.

GO RAVENS!!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Roethlisberger=they can't beat us. I really think this Steelers team is average at best and being carried by him. Without him they might not be top 20.

Ravens 31, Steelers 13

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I forgot leftwich plays on their defense...

i really hope the players don't share your mentality that its going to be an easy game. Outside of the Houston game, this one will be the toughest test so far.

For our offense, certainly it will, but you know what, call me crazy but the Steelers are old and slow and we are young and fast on offense. WE NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT! Put those linebackers in space with our TE's and RB's and make them run all over the damn field. If we try to play power vs. them it could be a long day for us, but if we go finesse, we could do damage.

Defensively, I will NEVER trust Pees, but I just don't see Leftwich beating us unless Ed and Bernard blow several deep coverages.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm most concerned with Antonio Brown, he's the guy that's nearly an impossible cover for us because of his immense quickness and great route running. Webb was our only hope vs. him IMO. Webb is gone.

With Mike Wallace, I'd prefer to put a healthy Jimmy Smith on him. Smith may struggle with double moves, but that's also largely been an issue against teams that have been pounding the ball against us and asserting their will. I'll trust that Smith was just trying to "do too much" as a young player and kept his eyes in the backfield, while covering his receiver.

Smith has covered Wallace before IIRC (when we put Webb in the slot) and looked pretty darn competent lining up against him (though I feel like he slipped in coverage a lot during that point in his career).

I just feel like I remember Cary Williams giving Wallace such a huge amount of space underneath (like 15 yards) that he was just abused with the Steelers throwing quick hitch passes and comebacks against him for 8-12 yard gains all day... Smith has the better physical skillset to cover a straight line speed demon like Wallace. Wallace has pretty good agility, but Smith has that as well. I'd leave Ed roaming over the top just in case of a double move. In a perfect world, we'd beat Wallace up at the LOS with Jimmy and put Ed deep and force the Steelers to go elsewhere.

That said, Emanuel Sanders is definitely no slouch and can ball. He can also make big plays.... and Smith might be a moot point anyway simply because it looks like the team might be trying to get him healthy... which I might not mind since we're playing against Leftwich. We might be able to survive without him... allow him to fully recover from his groin/abdominal issue and have him at 100% for the Steelers at home next time around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: