Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGFan101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

And already handing Peyton the MVP? His comeback is great, but people are acting like he's saving some poverty franchise and leading them.

Are we forgetting that Tebow led this same team to the playoffs last season?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning, when a lot of people [myself included] didn't expect him to be Peyton Manning anymore.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Pats4ever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Peyton is doing better than expected. And it's a much better story than the Broncos defense playing great. He is playing very well though. There's nothing new to the fact that the media loves Manning. America loves heroes, especially those who overcome adversity.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta admit it is a feel good story. I know it isn't like he went to JAX and made an awful an immediate contender. Denver certainly had some nice pieces before him, but you still have to enjoy watching him play like we all had grown acustomed to. Peyton Manning is one of the classiest players in the NFL and he was coming off of a scary injury. Simply put, he is a hard guy to root against.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
And already handing Peyton the MVP? His comeback is great, but people are acting like he's saving some poverty franchise and leading them.

Yeah, I wonder too... Garbage time tds against Houston don't impress. Loss to Atlanta... Win versus Pitt... But the competition hasn't been stellar lately. But he doesn't look too shabby, not the Peyton of old though.

My biggest concern is how is he going to do in December and January. Old guys (Favre) started hot but would end streaky. Still don't know if I'd bet against him and the D isn't too bad either. Nice combo.
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans were beating the Broncos pretty severely with 1:33 left in the 3rd quarter 31-11 back in week 3. This was before Brian Cushing tore his ACL, this was before Manning started to get in sync with his wide receivers and TE's. Obviously losing McGahee is going to hurt the Broncos a little but Manning is not allowing this team to be a run first team. They are not going to sit there and hand the ball off over and over when they have a HOF QB and such great weapons out wide. This team is dangerous because they can score on anyone and they have Von Miller tearing it up on defense.

They are worth talking about.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Yeah, I wonder too... Garbage time tds against Houston don't impress. Loss to Atlanta... Win versus Pitt... But the competition hasn't been stellar lately. But he doesn't look too shabby, not the Peyton of old though.

My biggest concern is how is he going to do in December and January. Old guys (Favre) started hot but would end streaky. Still don't know if I'd bet against him and the D isn't too bad either. Nice combo.

Don't understand the "garbage time" comments. Is it really garbage time in a situation where if Denver stops Houston on 3rd down, they have the ball with about 2 min left in a position to win the game?

Thanks, Tzimisce
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Tebow, they limped into the Playoffs and got demolished by the Pats, With Peyton they look like a legit Super Bowl contender.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

IMO they're a different team now, I think earlier this season they were still trying to gel and get things figured out, now I think they have done that and are capable of beating anyone
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Don't understand the "garbage time" comments. Is it really garbage time in a situation where if Denver stops Houston on 3rd down, they have the ball with about 2 min left in a position to win the game?

No, it's not. The term "garbage time" gets thrown around a lot and sometimes I wonder if people actually understand what garbage time is.

As a proud Raider fan, I know what REAL garbage time is
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...because they're a good team that is a legit contender in the AFC, a division that doesn't have a single "elite" unit that doesn't have its own flaw to worry about?

That should be enough to "go crazy" over 'em.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me why they shouldn't be talked about? A better question is why everyone's talking about the Saints instead of the Buccaneers.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:

No. No. No. No. No. NO. NO! NO! NO!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:

They barely made the playoffs, upset that he's clearly outplaying Eli?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sf49erboy82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are we going crazy over the Broncos season? Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

They barely made the playoffs, upset that he's clearly outplaying Eli?
>DING< >DING< >DING< We have a winner!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: