Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Venue Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Lambeau, Arrowhead, Mile High, and the Metrodome.

I'd rank them:

Lambeau - the tailgaiting was great, the atmosphere was excellent, I really had a great time. The history there puts it at the top for me.

Mile High - Really cool location, great views. Loved my time there.

Arrowhead - Great atmosphere, great food. Knocked down because the last time I was there an obviously drunk man was standing in the aisle between the seats just blatantly urinating himself. Not exactly the stadiums fault but I think of it everytime I hear the Chiefs name.

Metrodome - Ugh. Just ugh. The seating was awful, the fans were really awful to opposing fans, the atmosphere inside the stadium was not great, and that damn horn going off every first down made me want to leave. I won't be going back, ever.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Century Link four times (vs. GB on MNF 06, vs. GB reg. season 08, vs. GB preseason 10, vs. GB FAIL MARY 12). Awesome stadium, so ridiculously loud.

The FAIL MARY game kinda ruined things for me. Ugh.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

That was one of my best experiences going to a Seahawks game Laughing It was a freaking party in Seattle that night.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked about Fedex field is how close you can get to the field. I sat in the "dream seats," which puts you very close to the endzone.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
What I liked about Fedex field is how close you can get to the field. I sat in the "dream seats," which puts you very close to the endzone.

The fight song is incredibly stupid...

HAIL To the redskins, hail victory, wskhlm *mumble mumble* FIGHTING for oll deesee...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

That was one of my best experiences going to a Seahawks game Laughing It was a freaking party in Seattle that night.

It was funny walking around Seattle that night. No Packers fan had any idea what happened while in the stadium, because FOR SOME REASON the fans in the stadium were not afforded the opportunity to watch the replay.

So, walking around after the game, EVERY Packers fan was glued to a bar TV playing SportsCenter (that post-game SportsCenter was the most watched SC of all time). And every one of them (including myself) upon watching the replay for the first time went absolutely berserk. And then drank themselves into oblivion the rest of the night.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
spike64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been to Lambeau and the Metrodome.

Lambeau is a sight to be seen. The first time you walk in is breathtaking. Like a football Mecca of sorts.

If you ever get the chance, go take the stadium tour and take your time walking through the HoF. Even for those who aren't Packer fans there is a ton of history in that building. Getting to walk down the tunnel the players use is such a cool feeling.

The Metrodome, however, is about as polar opposite as you can get. Steep walkways, no "environment", the entire thing just feels second rate.

I was afforded the chance to play baseball there as a high school junior. The underbelly, locker rooms and dugouts are all on par with the rest of the stadium. Second rate. We got changed in the Vikings locker room. Eesh. As much as I don't like the Vikings, that team and those fans deserve a better place to watch their team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: