Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys to put in for a request for the Ware Sack
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Cowboys to put in for a request for the Ware Sack Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701359/demarcus-ware-wants-his-share-of-sack-vs-eagles

Ware was not given any stat for the sack that forced the fumble and ultimately the TD against the Eagles. The tape clearly shows Spencer and Ware arriving at the same time, going high and low. Hopefully they credit Ware with his .5 sack. Would extend his sack streak to 7 games and bump his season total to 9.5.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I was disappointed in him last game. This nonsense about having to request the NFL to acknowledge him is frustrating - and yes, I do want him to get credit. But he should have produced much more last game. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Honestly, I was disappointed in him last game. This nonsense about having to request the NFL to acknowledge him is frustrating - and yes, I do want him to get credit. But he should have produced much more last game. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call.

He's not requesting, the Cowboys are - they track their own guys and if their stats are different than those turned in by the Eagles' trackers, they send it to the NFL for correction.

And it was a .5 sack as he hit the QB before Spencer did - that play should be scored as Ware .5 sack, Spencer .5 sack, Spencer FF, Hatcher FR, Hatcher TD

Sig courtesy of mack.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I can't believe he couldn't get a sack with those tackles playing. Aren't they backups? Smh

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I can't believe he couldn't get a sack with those tackles playing. Aren't they backups? Smh

A lot of double teams and quick throws helped counter him but he did get 3 pressures, 2 hits, .5 sack and I believe 2 or 3 TFL's vs. the run

Sig courtesy of mack.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

A lot of double teams and quick throws helped counter him but he did get 3 pressures, 2 hits, .5 sack and I believe 2 or 3 TFL's vs. the run

I rewatched the game and I came away feeling like Ware was a beast that game. He was doubled a TON and as MH said, they threw lots of quick passes. But, when he wasn't being doubled, he seemed to be getting constant pressure on Foles.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I rewatched the game and I came away feeling like Ware was a beast that game. He was doubled a TON and as MH said, they threw lots of quick passes. But, when he wasn't being doubled, he seemed to be getting constant pressure on Foles.

He had a lot of pressures. Sacks are just a bonus. QB has to hold onto the ball to get sacks.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701422/demarcus-ware-wants-win-streak-not-sack-streak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Demarcus Ware would do something like this to get a sack statistic. All he cares about are his stats, it's very pathetic.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

He's not requesting, the Cowboys are - they track their own guys and if their stats are different than those turned in by the Eagles' trackers, they send it to the NFL for correction.

And it was a .5 sack as he hit the QB before Spencer did - that play should be scored as Ware .5 sack, Spencer .5 sack, Spencer FF, Hatcher FR, Hatcher TD

I'm pretty sure he did request it. There was a quote from him and Spencer talking about it.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Only Demarcus Ware would do something like this to get a sack statistic. All he cares about are his stats, it's very pathetic.

You do realize Ware didn't request this at all, right? The Cowboys put in the request.

^^^Deadpulse
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

Who cares if he is helping the team win

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he did...

“Why wouldn’t he?” Spencer said with a smile when asked about Ware wanting credit. “He was there. There’s no doubt about that. I told him there have been plenty of times that I was around and I didn’t get half.”

Don't be so naive to think he didn't request it. Why would the Cowboys want to do that? Rolling Eyes

And whoever said if it helps you win games... well yeah, if it does. But he cares so much about getting sacks that he'll run himself out of a play trying to get a sack instead of containing/collapsing the pocket.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
Yes he did...

“Why wouldn’t he?” Spencer said with a smile when asked about Ware wanting credit. “He was there. There’s no doubt about that. I told him there have been plenty of times that I was around and I didn’t get half.”

Don't be so naive to think he didn't request it. Why would the Cowboys want to do that? Rolling Eyes

And whoever said if it helps you win games... well yeah, if it does. But he cares so much about getting sacks that he'll run himself out of a play trying to get a sack instead of containing/collapsing the pocket.

Sorry, but you're either delusional or being sarcastic if you think sacks matter more to Ware than winning football games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:

LMAO! Yep, Ware is a stats whore. I've seen just about everything there is to see on this forum now.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: