Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Chances- Hmmmm
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Playoff Chances- Hmmmm Reply with quote

So now that we're all drifting back onto the bandwagon, let's discuss playoff chances. Right now we're in a massive tie for seventh in the conference (with SD, Miami, and Cinci). Steelers and Colts are in 5th and 6th.

It goes without saying we need to win every game but GB & Houston, and probably one of those two. (9-7). If we win out, we should definitely make it, barring some terrible luck. But let's say we're 9-7.

Steelers looks like they'll be without Roth for at least 1 game, maybe up to 3 or 4. They play the Ravens twice in the next 3 weeks, and without Roth, those should both be losses. The Browns are becoming a competitive team, and without Roth+Polamalu, I'd give them at least a 50% chance of winning. We have beaten the Steelers, so if we tie them, head to head tiebreaker will land in our favor. They also have to play the Bengals, Dallas, and San Diego- three lose-able games. We have a good shot of catching them.

It will be nigh impossible to catch the Colts, however. If the refs hadn't screwed the pooch in that game, we'd be in excellent position for the playoffs- a win over the Colts & a second later in the season would give us the head to head tiebreaker. But since we can't triumph on head to head, that takes us to division, where we likely tie at best (assuming we win the next one against them, 2 at Jacksonville, and we both lose to Houston). Tiebreakers on down don't favor us.

San Diego has a tough road to hoe- their next four are Denver, Baltimore, Cinci, and Pitt. If they make it through that 2-2, we tie them (they have a cakewalk last 3 games). So let's pray for 1-3.

Cinci has a tough schedule too- Dallas, Philly, and Baltimore are the games we want them to lose (they might lose to SD and Pitt, but those are also wild card competitors). The good thing is that they currently have a worse conference record than us, giving us the tie break advantage.

Miami we just beat, giving us the head to head. Sea, NE, and SF are their 3 killers games, and if they lose all 3 and win out, that puts us both at 9-7 and we win on the tiebreak.

Basically, we want to win out. If we go 9-7, the Steelers getting to 10-6, and San Diego making it to 9-7 are out biggest worries. We hold the tie break advantage on Cinci and Miami.

So, root against San Diego and Pitt for the rest of the season.
Finit.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Big Bens really hurt Pitt will lose some games since there defense isnt what it was like when Ben missed 4 games in 10. Titans can only afford to to lose 1 game to have a shot to make the playoffs but in all honestly they really have to win out its gonna be tough. The Houston game is winnable. Even in there building we hung in there with them the score doesnt show it. Hass gave them 14 points off of turnovers and penalties really hurt alot of our drives. So thats a winnable game its the GB game that really worries me. Our pass defense still looks like crap. Get the Miami game out of your heads now cuz you wont see that every week but the GB could ultimately decide our season

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
-Munch-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one thought comes to my mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:

Laughing
shinypsptitans

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a decent chance 8-8 making it (As long as we beat IND the second time).

If we beat JAX twice, the Jets, and the Colts...and lose to HOU and GB..We would be 8-8 and would have the tiebreaker over Cincy and IND.

IND would have to lose 5 games to finish 8-8

Remaining Schedule:

@NE - Loss
Buf
@Det - Loss
Ten - Loss
@Hou - Loss
@KC
Hou - Loss, but if HOU has nothing to play for this worries me.

CIN would have to lose 3 games to finish 8-8

Remaining Schedule:

@KC
OAK
@SD - Loss
DAL - Loss
@PHI - Loss
@PIT - Loss
BAL - Loss

That would put them at 6-10 and way out of the picture.

Like I said earlier though, if we win the games we should we will have the tie breaker over both the Colts and Bengals, the two main competitive teams for that 6th seed...The NYJ would be knocked out on us beating them on MNF so really these are the two other teams to keep a close watch on for the 6th Seed (Wild Card)
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:

Exactly. To think this team can make the playoffs at this point is wishful thinking at best. I'm amazed this team has the record it has with how poorly it has played over the course of this season. Should be sitting in Jaguars territory. We're not. I'm thankful, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I thought the Bengals were 5-4. Alright I'll agree it's not out of the realm of possibility.

But for the discussion, you forgot to include San Diego in those teams. They have the head to head tie-breaker against us. Their next two games are tough (@ Denver and vs. Baltimore) so those are probably both losses but who knows. They also play @ Pitt. But even if they lose all 3 of those they also have the Jets, Raiders, Panthers and Bengals so by winning those four games they'd finish 8-8 and make it above us.

TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have a long way to go before I start thinking about the playoffs. Let's not forget that this is the same team that gave up 51 points at home just last week. One impressive game doesn't change the fact that we still have a ways to go before I start thinking of playoffs.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are technically half a game behind those 3 teams given they all have the same amount of wins and have played one less game.

We will do the usual. Win enough games to be the 7th seed, assuring us the worst possible pick in the draft while still not winning a playoff berth.

It's a Titan thing.
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Playoff Chances- Hmmmm Reply with quote

ThatTitansFan wrote:
San Diego has a tough road to hoe

Can't they use heavy equipment in Cali anymore?

As for the playoffs: I hope they make it just so Jake and whatever coaches are left after Bud drops the A-bomb on the staff over the offseason get the playoff experience. I really don't want to watch them go one-and-done.
prozac77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched every Charger game this year (even the blacked out ones) and believe me, theyre done. Philip Rivers has been in a funk for the past season and a half and can't seem to shake it and I don't see him shaking that funk off over the next couple weeks.

Jake makes this team so much better. As long as he is starting QB, I will believe we finish 9-7. We'll drop one to Houston or GB I am sure, but yeah, I wont stop thinking playoffs until we hit 9 losses and are mathematically out. Yes. That's how naive I am Laughing
shinypsptitans

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
For some reason I thought the Bengals were 5-4. Alright I'll agree it's not out of the realm of possibility.

But for the discussion, you forgot to include San Diego in those teams. They have the head to head tie-breaker against us. Their next two games are tough (@ Denver and vs. Baltimore) so those are probably both losses but who knows. They also play @ Pitt. But even if they lose all 3 of those they also have the Jets, Raiders, Panthers and Bengals so by winning those four games they'd finish 8-8 and make it above us.

True...I did forget about SD and their late season runs Sad
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prozac77 wrote:
I've watched every Charger game this year (even the blacked out ones) and believe me, theyre done. Philip Rivers has been in a funk for the past season and a half and can't seem to shake it and I don't see him shaking that funk off over the next couple weeks.

Jake makes this team so much better. As long as he is starting QB, I will believe we finish 9-7. We'll drop one to Houston or GB I am sure, but yeah, I wont stop thinking playoffs until we hit 9 losses and are mathematically out. Yes. That's how naive I am Laughing

But couldn't you have said that about us after Chicago? In the first 9 games what did we do to show we're a playoff team? I can't imagine SD could be worse than that. We've had a couple good games here and there, Detroit, Pitt, Miami and Buffalo.. but the rest were pretty bad. Bottom line is you just never really know who's going to do what.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Rivers is 24-3 in the month of December.. I wouldn't exactly count them out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
prozac77 wrote:

But couldn't you have said that about us after Chicago? In the first 9 games what did we do to show we're a playoff team? I can't imagine SD could be worse than that. We've had a couple good games here and there, Detroit, Pitt, Miami and Buffalo.. but the rest were pretty bad. Bottom line is you just never really know who's going to do what.

They had their QB for all 9 of their games. We had ours for about 4. We also had no running game until the Pittsburgh game. And I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but I think defense has gotten better the past couple games. Now with all that in mind, look at the teams they've beaten. KC twice, Oakland once, and us once. We are the best team they've beaten! Laughing They also lost to the Browns.
But you are right ultimately, you can never really know for sure who wins what during a season of NFL football. All you can do is look at numbers and game performances to give you an idea of what the future could look like and even then you can never be certain. I just see us on the rise with Jake back in, CJ and the o-line playing at an elite level, and this defense starting to not look like the dookie we saw the first 6 or 7 games.

Finnerception wrote:
Philip Rivers is 24-3 in the month of December.. I wouldn't exactly count them out.

He also hadn't thrown more than 3 interceptions in a game, until this year. He's not the same guy as he was circa 2007-2010. He's shaky in the pocket(not without reason as Jeromey Clary is Eugene Amano bad) and he is turning the ball over a lot.

I see the rest of their schedule playing out like this:
@Broncos- L
Baltimore- L
Bengals- L
@Steelers- Depends on Big Ben. If he plays L if he doesn't W
Panthers- W
@NYJ - W (Could be an L if Tebow plays Laughing )
Oakland- W

Rivers could still get some of his wins in December but it will be too late.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: