Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign former Raiders CB Chris Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a #1 cb. But servicable none the less. The guys will make the occasional play, but won't shuy anyone down.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

opeth0500 wrote:
I remember when he let the bills wr (lee Evans iirc) knock the game winning pick out of his hands.

Laughing Laughing Laughing The opposite happened to Lee Evans later on.

I hate the Jaguars
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
He started off pretty good for us, leading people to get ahead of themselves and think "great, we've got our #2 CB now!" Nuh-uh. He was alright though, we've had much worse, and now he's getting a chance on a team with a proper modern-day defensive scheme. Hope he does well.

LOL

Holy crap I thought I'd never say that.

It always amuses me when fans of a good team start acting like the sky is falling when something they've been great at for years is suddenly only average. Oh noes, we're not top 5 any more! Rolling Eyes

This year's average Ravens defense is still about 5x some of the garbage us Raiders fans (and Chris Johnson) have had to tolerate for the past decade.

Except the thing is, we went from top 3 to bottom 6 in a single year while only losing 3 starters from last season. Then we gained one back and lost 2 more, yet it appears we may have improved (could also be the opponents faced) since that. But the fact remains -- the Ravens defense is nowhere near what it once was.

2012:
27th in YPG
26th in PYPG
26th in RYPG
13th in PPG

2011:
3rd in YPG
4th in PYPG
2nd in RYPG
3rd in PPG

I don't think losing Redding, Jarret Johnson and Suggs is enough to account for that big of a drop across all categories. It's definitely impacted by them, but a lot of it is scheme and the fact that Pees is a lot more passive than Pagano and thus giving up a lot more plays.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of Luck to CJ

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how Johnson does in Baltimore. With all the injuries to their defense they need all the help they can get.
Integrity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Please tell me he can play the slot...

If he can't, then Jimmy Smith's injury is worse than we thought.

You called it. Looks like Jimmy Smith won't be back for another 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on the contract they signed him to? I assume since he cleared waivers he had to sign a different contract than the one he signed with KC but maybe I'm mistaken.

Sig courtesy of mack.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Any update on the contract they signed him to? I assume since he cleared waivers he had to sign a different contract than the one he signed with KC but maybe I'm mistaken.

This is Chris Johnson, not Stanford Routt. Laughing

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Please tell me he can play the slot...

If he can't, then Jimmy Smith's injury is worse than we thought.

You called it. Looks like Jimmy Smith won't be back for another 6 weeks.

Sad Who isn't banged up on the Ravens' defense. The only returning starters from last year's team that aren't dealing with injuries limiting their play are Pollard and Cary Williams.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSS! We got our own CJ2K Applause Applause Applause

When did he rush for 2k yards?

Or is that the amount of yardage he gives up through the air in a year?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
He started off pretty good for us, leading people to get ahead of themselves and think "great, we've got our #2 CB now!" Nuh-uh. He was alright though, we've had much worse, and now he's getting a chance on a team with a proper modern-day defensive scheme. Hope he does well.

LOL

It always amuses me when fans of a good team start acting like the sky is falling when something they've been great at for years is suddenly only average. Oh noes, we're not top 5 any more! Rolling Eyes

This year's average Ravens defense is still about 5x some of the garbage us Raiders fans (and Chris Johnson) have had to tolerate for the past decade.

Except the thing is, we went from top 3 to bottom 6 in a single year while only losing 3 starters from last season. Then we gained one back and lost 2 more, yet it appears we may have improved (could also be the opponents faced) since that. But the fact remains -- the Ravens defense is nowhere near what it once was.

2012:
27th in YPG
26th in PYPG
26th in RYPG
13th in PPG

2011:
3rd in YPG
4th in PYPG
2nd in RYPG
3rd in PPG

I don't think losing Redding, Jarret Johnson and Suggs is enough to account for that big of a drop across all categories. It's definitely impacted by them, but a lot of it is scheme and the fact that Pees is a lot more passive than Pagano and thus giving up a lot more plays.

Im pretty sure you watch our defense sunday. Im pretty sure you seen what our franchise has looked like the last 9 years. Chris Johnson could have went to about 27 other teams and would have been in better shape.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This is Chris Johnson, not Stanford Routt. Laughing

OH SNAP!

Totally got that confused... LOL

Sig courtesy of mack.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

LOL

2012:
27th in YPG
26th in PYPG
26th in RYPG
13th in PPG

2011:
3rd in YPG
4th in PYPG
2nd in RYPG
3rd in PPG

Im pretty sure you watch our defense sunday. Im pretty sure you seen what our franchise has looked like the last 9 years. Chris Johnson could have went to about 27 other teams and would have been in better shape.

I'm not denying that. I'm supporting GTR's laughing at the "proper modern day defensive scheme" comment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

LOL

2012:
27th in YPG
26th in PYPG
26th in RYPG
13th in PPG

2011:
3rd in YPG
4th in PYPG
2nd in RYPG
3rd in PPG

I'm not denying that. I'm supporting GTR's laughing at the "proper modern day defensive scheme" comment.

compare to the one on one 1960 scheme he was in Im pretty sure it is more modern day.
coors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i knew about him was that he was supposedly extraordinarily fast. Other than that, I'm not quite sure to how good he actually is as a cornerback. Are the Ravens getting themselves a good DB, or just an athlete?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: