Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Kirk Cousins Question

Washington wasted one of the better QB's in the draft IMO. Hopefully they trade him one day.

Ooohhh I likey. But even with Al Davis gone I seriously doubt Shannarat would do anything to help this franchise. Even if it means passing on a great trade in the process.

Drew Stanton is the value pick QB we need

Just not the one we deserve.

Not to sound like a jerk, but what makes you guys think Stanton is going to be a QBotF? I don't know if many of you feel that way I just know that it has been brought up before a couple of times.

Dude couldnt even beat out Orlovsky in Detroit.

right now we have a top 10 QB...according to the stats top 3. cough cough.

really?

he is
4th in completions
2nd in passes thrown
3rd in yards
19th in completion %
16th in yrds/attempt
16th in qb rat
10th in tds *
10th in ints (very good I give him props esp since he is 2nd in attempts)
21th in qbr

imo the main stat is the win loss record. we all know cp is a stat monster but his completion %, rating and qbr are always average or below average. he has had a average maybe slightly above average year but thats it. nothing special to write home about imo.

While working with the worst rushing attack, and OC in the game.

yup worse rushing attack, defense is completely putrid and still get some wins

this isnt all on Carson. has played well enough to get us a few more wins on top of what we already have.

if the cowboys can roll with romo for a decade, we can def give Palmer a shot

plus we didnt add or spend 50 million on an elite corner or anyone defensively

i for one would be upset to see Carson let go with such a scrub of a team he plays for while the running game and o line entirely took a huge step back

Carson did not

Last edited by oak42069 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
And to add to this he has been relativly better at not making dumb throws. Most of his INT's were in garbage time trying to make something happen and when receiver didnt run the correct route or fighting for the ball. Non of them though imo caused us to lose games more than the play on the other side of the field.

Something the people who hate Carson were asking for and are getting but instead they find new things to go on instead. Just laughable.

PM sig requests.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Top 3? According to what stats? Passing yards?

How about QB rating, turnovers, wins, completion percentage? Top 3?

Too much CP love around here. Yes he's the best QB we'd had since Gannon ran into Derrick Brooks head first, but the man is long in the tooth and will never be more than an above average QB, who is prone to turning the ball over.

It's unreal how you guys settle for his average play. I give him all the credit in the world, because there has been no running game, and our defense sucks. Two of our wins came against the Jags and Chiefs...two terrible teams.

He's tough and gets pounded game after game and always gets up. He's also made some unbelievable throws this season and has kept us in games, but he's also made some awful throws and bad choices.

If you guys want to keep him around taking up a huge chunk of cash, just to be average and win us 4-6 games a year, so be it. Just as long as his stats look good.

yup. you are correct. He IS the reason why we have 3 wins....without him, we'd have zero. When will you and NCOUGH understand that winning is a TEAM STAT. you act like he hasn't proven capable of making the playoffs or something, and you also make it seem like he's been here for several years and is the only thing holding us back from the playoffs or something....I just don't understand.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see everyone's thoughts when we beat the Saints and he out plays Drew Brees Wink
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Too much CP love around here. Yes he's the best QB we'd had since Gannon ran into Derrick Brooks head first, but the man is long in the tooth and will never be more than an above average QB, who is prone to turning the ball over.

It's unreal how you guys settle for his average play. I give him all the credit in the world, because there has been no running game, and our defense sucks. Two of our wins came against the Jags and Chiefs...two terrible teams.

He's tough and gets pounded game after game and always gets up. He's also made some unbelievable throws this season and has kept us in games, but he's also made some awful throws and bad choices.

If you guys want to keep him around taking up a huge chunk of cash, just to be average and win us 4-6 games a year, so be it. Just as long as his stats look good.

yup. you are correct. He IS the reason why we have 3 wins....without him, we'd have zero. When will you and NCOUGH understand that winning is a TEAM STAT. you act like he hasn't proven capable of making the playoffs or something, and you also make it seem like he's been here for several years and is the only thing holding us back from the playoffs or something....I just don't understand.

besides the pitt game (with most of their key players out). he beat jax and kc WOW. Do you guys realize how weak that is. Jax and freakin KC with a healthy dmac. seriously is that really something to brag about?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

besides the pitt game (with most of their key players out). he beat jax and kc WOW. Do you guys realize how weak that is. Jax and freakin KC with a healthy dmac. seriously is that really something to brag about?

Winning is a team stat. Not solely on the QB. CP isn't Rodgers or Brees, we get that, but you have to acknowledge that CP has been playing very well. Get this guy a ground game and we would have more W's imo.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Kirk Cousins Question

Washington wasted one of the better QB's in the draft IMO. Hopefully they trade him one day.

Ooohhh I likey. But even with Al Davis gone I seriously doubt Shannarat would do anything to help this franchise. Even if it means passing on a great trade in the process.

Not to sound like a jerk, but what makes you guys think Stanton is going to be a QBotF? I don't know if many of you feel that way I just know that it has been brought up before a couple of times.

really?

he is
4th in completions
2nd in passes thrown
3rd in yards
19th in completion %
16th in yrds/attempt
16th in qb rat
10th in tds *
21th in qbr

imo the main stat is the win loss record. we all know cp is a stat monster but his completion %, rating and qbr are always average or below average. he has had a average maybe slightly above average year but thats it. nothing special to write home about imo.

this isnt all on Carson. has played well enough to get us a few more wins on top of what we already have.

i for one would be upset to see Carson let go with such a scrub of a team he plays for while the running game and o line entirely took a huge step back

Carson did not

Plus his WRs drop a lot of passes and run wrong routes which leads to INT's
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Winning is a team stat. Not solely on the QB. CP isn't Rodgers or Brees, we get that, but you have to acknowledge that CP has been playing very well. Get this guy a ground game and we would have more W's imo.

to most of yall dmac was/is a god. yall said "just wait cough just wait cp sucks cause he doesnt have dmac you'll see just wait till they get a whole offseason and are on the field at the same time". now dmac is one of cp's excuses. go figure.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Kirk Cousins Question

really?

he is
4th in completions
2nd in passes thrown
3rd in yards
19th in completion %
16th in yrds/attempt
16th in qb rat
10th in tds *
21th in qbr

Carson did not

Plus his WRs drop a lot of passes and run wrong routes which leads to INT's

now we are blaming the wr's?
how does that explain the overthrows, dirt balls and batted passes?

cp is exceeding my expectations int wise, no doubt. but you guys act like he is a god or the second coming of gannon. he is and will always be a mid-grade qb. yall say get him a oc, good defense, running game, some wrs and a line etc etc. but 80% of nfl qbs would do great with that type of supporting cast. If he needs all that just to win, we should just cut him now cause by the time we have all that in place he will be dam near pushing 40.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

to most of yall dmac was/is a god. yall said "just wait cough just wait cp sucks cause he doesnt have dmac you'll see just wait till they get a whole offseason and are on the field at the same time". now dmac is one of cp's excuses. go figure.

This is just ignorance, and I don't have to explain why.

I'm done, there's no rationalizing with you. You absolutely cannot be objective
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just want to be able to say I told you so. That's it.

But its clear you don't know to judge a football team or a quarterback.

I DARE you to try to say we have a good running game, which is the only reason i could think of for you bringing up dmac, because clearly you don't think it should be an "excuse" (more like a logical reason) for Palmer "not winning us games." <- lol
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

the bold is ignorance?
but the bold is what YOU told me time and time again.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I DARE you to try to say we have a good running game, which is the only reason i could think of for you bringing up dmac, because clearly you don't think it should be an "excuse" (more like a logical reason) for Palmer "not winning us games." <- lol

Quote:
Get this guy a ground game and we would have more W's imo.

thats the only reason why i brought up dmac.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Quote:
Get this guy a ground game and we would have more W's imo.

thats the only reason why i brought up dmac.

and DO we have a ground game? like wtf
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

the bold is ignorance?
but the bold is what YOU told me time and time again.

No, noone could have seen the dramatic downhill spiral our ground game took, so you bringing up DMAC has absolutely no relevance to the discussion, because it's simple...We have NO ground game. period.

I still stand by that statement, but you can't prove me wrong until we DO have a good running game (or an average defense, one or the other) and he's still not winning consistently.

They're not excuses for CP, it's just football, and reasons that I would still state regardless who was our QB. Yes, I'd even defend Pryor if he was given absolutely nothing to work with either, because no one, not even the 4 elite QB's everyone LOVES to compare Palmer to, can do it alone.

But what I can do is judge a QB by their play at the position alone, as a player, and Palmer is doing a hell of a job, and even better when you consider the circumstances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: