Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Palmer is the future. Ranked 1st in yards in the AFC of all QBs

Ranked #3 in the entire NFL with no running game , likey or not ....like

That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.

yea but look who he is throwing the ball to ... ok moore is the real deal but it's he 2nd season and entered it injured.

dhb, hagan, 2 rookies??? LOL

Palmer is f ing balling with the cast he has to work with. wake up

RATM

I don't even have to answer the Palmer posts anymore. He'll probably be our starting QB next season and he'll be throwing for a ton of yards because we'll be a sorry team once again so people like you will think that makes him a great QB. He will also keep making the stupid mistakes only a rookie would get a pass for and people like me will still know you can't be a winner with that guy at QB. Then he'll be gone and we won't have to hear about him anymore.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.

yea but look who he is throwing the ball to ... ok moore is the real deal but it's he 2nd season and entered it injured.

RATM

I don't even have to answer the Palmer posts anymore. He'll probably be our starting QB next season and he'll be throwing for a ton of yards because we'll be a sorry team once again so people like you will think that makes him a great QB. He will also keep making the stupid mistakes only a rookie would get a pass for and people like me will still know you can't be a winner with that guy at QB. Then he'll be gone and we won't have to hear about him anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYAhmXZa-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzUnxdgST2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhiIIekc8g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbt28s1Nrw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKbEFeBakuQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-_F6HNlCI

And I can post one million others of players (Rivers pick 6 last week, Elis pick vs Cincy just this past week alone), who are not rookies, throwing an interception. But sure, keep acting like Palmers the only one to ever throw picks.

But I guess since he only has 9 picks, with the second most passing attempts, and always playing from behind, just screams ROOKIE to you.

It baffles me when people say "He makes throws no other veteran would make" right.......

Quote:
people like me will still know you can't be a winner with that guy at QB

Tel that to his playoff teams in Cincinnati. You don't know what happens if he never goes down after completing a long bomb to Chad in the first quarter against the Steelers.

Quote:
because we'll be a sorry team once again

Ohhhhh, I get it, we're a sorry team because of Palmer, makes sense. After all, he IS the only QB to throw interceptions. Only rookies do that.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people who hate Palmer, what do you think our record would be with Lienart, or Pryor?

we are 3-6.

We have given up the 3rd most points in the NFL

9 teams have thrown more picks than him, 4 have thrown the same amount.

We are bottom half in the NFL in comp%

and hes bottom 5 in the NFL for 1st down%.

WE have the second worst YPRA in the NFL.

Its safe to say that our team as a whole is bad. but without Carson we would be arguably favorites for the first pick in the Draft.

We are better served trying to improve the rest of our team, before we draft a QB. We have so many holes it isnt even funny.

Last edited by nbaker1933 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

RATM

And I can post one million others of players (Rivers pick 6 last week, Elis pick vs Cincy just this past week alone), who are not rookies, throwing an interception. But sure, keep acting like Palmers the only one to ever throw picks.

But I guess since he only has 9 picks, with the second most passing attempts, and always playing from behind, just screams ROOKIE to you.

It baffles me when people say "He makes throws no other veteran would make" right.......

Quote:

Tel that to his playoff teams in Cincinnati. You don't know what happens if he never goes down after completing a long bomb to Chad in the first quarter against the Steelers.

I'm sure there are other veterans throwing stupid picks. If they do it as consistently as he does, i wouldn't rest my hope on their shoulders either.

How many times do you have to witness something happen before you figure out it's very likely to be a recurring issue?
For the record, i was defending Palmer's decisions last season, but at some point this season i realized what everybody who had been watching him regularly the last few years was telling us is the truth.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Favre holds the INT record? Can't win with him.

Drew Brees and Eli Manning threw for over 20 picks in one season? Can win with them. (for the record, both these guys have more picks than Palmer this season)

Peyton Manning threw 19 and 23 INT's in back to back seasons? Can't win with a guy like that...

Build something around Palmer that even resembles an NFL team, and you can win with him...Just my opinion. And no, I'm not saying he is on any of those guys level, just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of your statement, especially when you consider all of those guys have thrown more picks in one season then Palmer ever has in a single season.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

RATM

Quote:

I'm sure there are other veterans throwing stupid picks. If they do it as consistently as he does, i wouldn't rest my hope on their shoulders either.

How many times do you have to witness something happen before you figure out it's very likely to be a recurring issue?
For the record, i was defending Palmer's decisions last season, but at some point this season i realized what everybody who had been watching him regularly the last few years was telling us is the truth.

Honestly, we just have different opinions and it's basically beating a dead horse. Anti or pro Palmer around here is like democrat or republican Laughing

I guess I'll just let it play out, and if you're right, I will have no problem admitting that you guys were right about him, and I was wrong.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Brett Favre holds the INT record? Can't win with him.

Drew Brees and Eli Manning threw for over 20 picks in one season? Can win with them.

Peyton Manning threw 19 and 23 INT's in back to back seasons? Can't win with a guy like that...

Build something around Palmer that even resembles an NFL team, and you can win with him...Just my opinion. And no, I'm not saying he is on any of those guys level, just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of your statement, especially when you consider all of those guys have thrown more picks in one season then Palmer ever has in a single season.

Maybe you should realize that not all picks are stupid decisions. If palmer is getting picked off because the ball is tipped in the air by a WR, i'll be the first one to say it's not his fault. So when i'm talking about stupid decisions, i'm not talking about all the picks. I'm talking about throwing into double/triple coverage. Or throwing off your backfoot on 2nd down when you should take the sack. Or flipping the ball 1 foot over your target when you're already going down in the 1st quarter of a tied game. That's the kind of things you hear coaches talking about fixing with young QBs. I see our 32 year old QB still doing it a lot. In that sense, he's a lot like Brett Favre (but less talented) and Favre spent the better part of his career throwing away title opportunities with those kind of stupid decisions in the playoffs.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Honestly, we just have different opinions and it's basically beating a dead horse. Anti or pro Palmer around here is like democrat or republican Laughing

I'm not anti palmer. I think he's a lot better than any QB we've had over the last decade and he's defintely one of the best players on this current team but i also think some of his mistakes won't go away with a better team around him so i can't look forward to much success with him as our starting QB.
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This argument is getting over done.

I believe Palmer is a good QB. But I think that his ability to lead this team to greatness is lacking. Do I think he can get us to the playoffs? Yes. But leading us to a title I believe for Carson who is overly prone to making stupid decisions is hindering to us as a franchise looking for a rebuild and charge for titles in the future. We all know Carson is going to be gone sooner rather then later. I am of the breed who believe that we should get that step out of the way now. This is a QB heavy draft. Barkley, Bray, Wilson, Smith, Jones, etc. The time to get a QB to groom for the future is now.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

And those aren't connected to having the league's worst rushing attack and the kind of offense he's running? Come on now.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had the above average running game and above defense, then CP would not be throwing as much, so his inflated numbers would look just average.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could be 2-7 with Leinart or Pryor. Two of our three wins came against the two worst teams in the league.
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
bitty wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Kirk Cousins Question

Washington wasted one of the better QB's in the draft IMO. Hopefully they trade him one day.

Ooohhh I likey. But even with Al Davis gone I seriously doubt Shannarat would do anything to help this franchise. Even if it means passing on a great trade in the process.

Drew Stanton is the value pick QB we need

Just not the one we deserve.

Not to sound like a jerk, but what makes you guys think Stanton is going to be a QBotF? I don't know if many of you feel that way I just know that it has been brought up before a couple of times.

Dude couldnt even beat out Orlovsky in Detroit.

right now we have a top 10 QB...according to the stats top 3. cough cough.

really?

he is
4th in completions
2nd in passes thrown
3rd in yards
19th in completion %
16th in yrds/attempt
16th in qb rat
10th in tds *
10th in ints (very good I give him props esp since he is 2nd in attempts)
21th in qbr

imo the main stat is the win loss record. we all know cp is a stat monster but his completion %, rating and qbr are always average or below average. he has had a average maybe slightly above average year but thats it. nothing special to write home about imo.

While working with the worst rushing attack, and OC in the game.

yup worse rushing attack, defense is completely putrid and still get some wins

this isnt all on Carson. has played well enough to get us a few more wins on top of what we already have.

if the cowboys can roll with romo for a decade, we can def give Palmer a shot

plus we didnt add or spend 50 million on an elite corner or anyone defensively

i for one would be upset to see Carson let go with such a scrub of a team he plays for while the running game and o line entirely took a huge step back

Carson did not

Plus his WRs drop a lot of passes and run wrong routes which leads to INT's

now we are blaming the wr's?
how does that explain the overthrows, dirt balls and batted passes?

cp is exceeding my expectations int wise, no doubt. but you guys act like he is a god or the second coming of gannon. he is and will always be a mid-grade qb. yall say get him a oc, good defense, running game, some wrs and a line etc etc. but 80% of nfl qbs would do great with that type of supporting cast. If he needs all that just to win, we should just cut him now cause by the time we have all that in place he will be dam near pushing 40.

am not blaming the wr's. palmer is balling with the cast he has been given.

Palmer is the mvp on this team mid way through. not even a huge fan of the guy, but am damn proud of his play and actually suprisingly surprised

Here are some facts:

JR sucked fat hairy nuts

JC had the same deal defensively see buffalo, threw a boneheaded pic vs new england ( actually 2 ) and had dmac balling outwardly out, beast mode. one of the big reasons we were 4-2 was due to dmac vs denver, nyj, cleveland, and a surpise win in houston on an emotional day. bottom line is i still dug JC for the small time he was here but look at some of those deep throws out of bounds. not the answer.

With Palmer, the guy got a raw deal, aside from the defensive play and henious rush attack the guy came on a team with a new GM, HC, OC, DC and still has more tds then picks and the reason, the truth as to why we have any wins

any

take yo hat off
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
If we had the above average running game and above defense, then CP would not be throwing as much, so his inflated numbers would look just average.

And his efficiency would be better as a result. 3rd down distances would be shorter, defenses wouldn't be keying on the pass, and he'd be able to run play-action, which is one of the strongest parts of his game.
oak42069

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

RATM

not because of palmer

on the bold that is

but because of a horric defense and what rush attack?

do you even watch the games?

throwing for a ton of yards due to lack of rushing the ball effectively

so rush the ball effectively, his number will go down and sure will wins some

more games.

until that happens and the defense cant play sound ball,....Palmer gonnna have to bomb her

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 8 of 30

Jump to: