Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiD_Wisdom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Franchise QB Reply with quote

First off Hello Im the "new KiD" here. Although this is my first post ive been reading post on here for about two or three years now. Been a Raider fan for about 13 years but i live in San Diego so i rarely get to see games on TV. Alright, on to the post Enjoy!

This is not a Carson Palmer bash topic, because for what we have hes having an ok season. But earlier this season i started looking at all the QBs in the league and came up with 3 catagories; Career, 4-7 yrs, and less than 3 years. It came out like this:

Career

Rodgers- GB
Stafford- Det
Flacco- Bal
Roethlisberger- Pit
RG3- Was
Manning- Nyg
Brady- NE
Luck- Ind
Shuab- Hou
Brees- NO
Ryan- Atl
Rivers-SD
Manning- Den

4-7 yrs

Dalton- Cin
Tanahill- Mia
Freeman- TB
Cutler- Chi
Locker- Tenn
Russel- Sea

3 years or less

Pounder- Min
Wedden- Clev
Romo- Dal
Vick- Phily
Sanchez- Nyj
Fitzpatrick- Buff
Gabbert- Jax
Cassel- KC
Palmer- Oak
Smith- SF
Kolb- AZ

With the list like that, mainly the last one, there are not any QBs who i think will be availible within 2 to 3 years that i would want quarterbacking my team. I think Palmer has next year and then will be done. There are back ups(Flynn) that could come availible but they may or may not have real game experience. So it has come to my attenetion that we need to draft a QB. Not necessarily this year, not many people seem to be high on Barkley and im high on T'eo, but within the next two years. Doesnt need to be a first round pick, but a QB that they feel can either start right away and be good, or be groomed for a year and then start. Simply because i dont see a free agent out there worth getting. Of course a back up or low draft pick next year could shine and then be availible and we may take that option. Either way a Franchise QB needs to be on the way soon(withihn 3 years). Thanks for reading, let me know what you think.
-KiD
Nightmare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a pretty common thought within the vast majority of Raider fans that we need to look for a future franchise QB in the next year or two, with the exception of the people who (laughably) think we already have it with Pryor.

I agree that there's not a lot out there in terms of backup that could come in and be the man for us. Flynn was a backup who was meant to go somewhere and start, and ended up behind a rookie on the depth chart in Seattle; not sure I want any part of a guy like that. There's just no situation like there was a few years ago where there's a guy like Schaub sitting behind a starter that we could take advantage of. Right now any future starting QB has to come through the draft.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to find our quarterback in the future within the next two or three years whether it be via the draft, trade, or free agency.

There are some nice young quarterbacks prospects in guys like Teddy Bridgewater (So. Louisville) and Brett Smith (So. Wyoming) that we might have a chance at in '14 or '15.

Depending on how the front office and coaching staff feel about Terrelle Pryor I could see us selecting a young quarterback sooner rather than later though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to find our next QB via the draft. We've seen the catastrophic failures of trading for promising free agent back ups much more than their success's. Flynn, Cassel, Kolb, etc. Even Vick and Hasselbeck didn't turn out too great in free agency acquisitions.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, bro.

I think the eventual replacement for Palmer should come through the draft but honestly, I don't really care for any of the QBs this year enough to select them that high (maaaaayyyybe Barkley). We need to build a good team before picking a QB, in my opinion, so we don't have a David Carr/Tim Couch situation on our hands.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man it woulda been sweet to land Kaepernick when we wanted him. Damn Niners. I could see us take a peek at Matt Flynn since it's obvious Russell Wilson is the future in Seattle. Especially with RMcK's GB ties

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Man it woulda been sweet to land Kaepernick when we wanted him. Damn Niners. I could see us take a peek at Matt Flynn since it's obvious Russell Wilson is the future in Seattle. Especially with RMcK's GB ties

Do you think Flynn would be an upgrade over Palmer? Or do you think he can be a QBOTF?

Edit: Didn't realize he's only 27 years old, answered my question for me.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Do you think Flynn would be an upgrade over Palmer? Or do you think he can be a QBOTF?

Edit: Didn't realize he's only 27 years old, answered my question for me.

In some ways, maybe. He's younger and IIRC protects the ball a bit better. But at the same time, I'm not a big fan.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pounder Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
But at the same time, I'm not a big fan.

Same. He doesn't have that great of an arm and if our run game is going to continue how it is we'd probably be screwed. Although he did fare well in GB and they have had a weak running game for awhile.

He was JaMarcus' backup though...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Pounder Laughing

Christian Pounder dating Samantha Steele. Oh I like THAT.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put Palmer on the Patriots and all the simpletons would be chirping about how he is a franchise qb.

Fact of the matter is the timing just aint right, Palmer is turning 33 next month and we are in the middle of rebuilding this team. Palmer might not even be back next year, he might decide to hang em up. What will we do then? start Leinart? Eeek, better hope Knapp asks McFadden which running plays he likes LOL.

I wouldnt be suprised if we are even worse next year, With a little luck getting the number 1 pick might save this franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Id take Kap over any QB in this draft. I loved him coming out. Damn Niners.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.
I was thinking the same thing, but i was too embarrassed for him to say it. Embarassed

If Palmer was on the Patriots, Mallet would be starting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: