Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT Denver vs San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

A face only a mother could love
Manning
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Rivers
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21149
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
I think at worst we finish 11-5, Baltimore will be very tough and Tampa while inconsistent and a team that we could blow out, is talented enough to beat us.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say 12-4 with a loss to Baltimore.


I think 9-7 at best.


Which four games do we lose


@KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, and @Oakland.


I can never tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you honestly feel this team will finish 2-4 the rest of the way with how good they've been playing? Because IMO that's comical.

If they beat balt i can see losing to clev. But teams usually dont lose then trap game.


The thing is, Denver as a team has generally been very focused since Fox got here. They aren't the type of team who has had major lapses.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2278
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see any way we lose more than two of our remaining games. I think we'll be 11-5 to finish.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1292
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watching the game a bit, wanted to talk about the linebacker corps:

Del Rio mixes up the formations/personnel a lot: Woodyard is in most of the time (he is the man in 1 LB sets); Brooking, Williams, and Trevathan all rotated in (and performed at that).

Mid-way through the third, Denver ran a 2-5-4 look with Unrein and Bannan down, Von and Doom as stand-up rushers, and DJ-Brooking-Woodyard in behind them. Predictably the Chargers ran the ball at this front two times in a row with Ryan Mathews totaling 6 yards. On the ensuing 3rd down, Von beats (beasts?) the RT and strip sacks Rivers.

I expect Woodyard to remain on the field for the majority of the time with DJ, Brooking, and Trevathan rotating in. What is exciting about this is that all three of those guys are high energy and come to play when their name is called. Both DJ and Danny made TFLs blitzing up the middle in the game.

Vickerson is impressing me as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 6854
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
I think at worst we finish 11-5, Baltimore will be very tough and Tampa while inconsistent and a team that we could blow out, is talented enough to beat us.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say 12-4 with a loss to Baltimore.


I think 9-7 at best.


Which four games do we lose


@KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, and @Oakland.


I can never tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you honestly feel this team will finish 2-4 the rest of the way with how good they've been playing? Because IMO that's comical.


9-7 is what the analysts at the beginning of the season. Most of us predicted 8-8 or 9-7 or worse this season. Plus, there is precedent. For the last 15 years, the Broncos have hovered around this record.

9-7 is positive, that is a good record...at least it is a winning record.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7580
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Re-watching the game a bit, wanted to talk about the linebacker corps:

Del Rio mixes up the formations/personnel a lot: Woodyard is in most of the time (he is the man in 1 LB sets); Brooking, Williams, and Trevathan all rotated in (and performed at that).

Mid-way through the third, Denver ran a 2-5-4 look with Unrein and Bannan down, Von and Doom as stand-up rushers, and DJ-Brooking-Woodyard in behind them. Predictably the Chargers ran the ball at this front two times in a row with Ryan Mathews totaling 6 yards. On the ensuing 3rd down, Von beats (beasts?) the RT and strip sacks Rivers.

I expect Woodyard to remain on the field for the majority of the time with DJ, Brooking, and Trevathan rotating in. What is exciting about this is that all three of those guys are high energy and come to play when their name is called. Both DJ and Danny made TFLs blitzing up the middle in the game.

Vickerson is impressing me as well.


Trevathan has been a nice surprise, IMO. I know he led the SEC in tackles a year ago, but considering his lack in size i thought he lacked the speed/quickness to do a whole lot in the NFL. He has certainly proven me wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12343
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Donut wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
I think at worst we finish 11-5, Baltimore will be very tough and Tampa while inconsistent and a team that we could blow out, is talented enough to beat us.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say 12-4 with a loss to Baltimore.


I think 9-7 at best.


Which four games do we lose


@KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, and @Oakland.


I can never tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you honestly feel this team will finish 2-4 the rest of the way with how good they've been playing? Because IMO that's comical.

If they beat balt i can see losing to clev. But teams usually dont lose then trap game.


The thing is, Denver as a team has generally been very focused since Fox got here. They aren't the type of team who has had major lapses.

That's why I didnt think they'd lose 2 in a row. I wouldnt pick clev to win but its still possible for a trapgame. It happens to the best occasionally.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1292
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14665
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?
Certainly a hell of a lot better than Williams- Nate Webster- Jamie Winborn
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AussieBronco66


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 437
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?
Certainly a hell of a lot better than Williams- Nate Webster- Jamie Winborn


thats not an LB core, thats a joke
_________________


mess with him at your peril
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12910
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk why but I kinda liked Winborn Laughing And Webster was always a solid bet to lose his helmet more times in a game than he makes a tackle.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1292
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Idk why but I kinda liked Winborn Laughing And Webster was always a solid bet to lose his helmet more times in a game than he makes a tackle.


He just wanted to show off his Sideshow Bob-like mop Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5018
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?


Gotta go further back than that I think. We still have Williams, WW's better than Gold, and as much as I loved Al Wilson, he's no Von.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14665
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?


Gotta go further back than that I think. We still have Williams, WW's better than Gold, and as much as I loved Al Wilson, he's no Von.
I don't think people quite remember how good Gold was when he was younger.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5018
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?


Gotta go further back than that I think. We still have Williams, WW's better than Gold, and as much as I loved Al Wilson, he's no Von.
I don't think people quite remember how good Gold was when he was younger.


He never should have left Denver. He wasn't the same the 2nd time around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14665
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.


Woodyard, Williams, Miller. That would give us our best/fastest LB core that we've had in a long time.


Best since D.J. Williams - Al Wilson - Ian Gold?


Gotta go further back than that I think. We still have Williams, WW's better than Gold, and as much as I loved Al Wilson, he's no Von.
I don't think people quite remember how good Gold was when he was younger.


He never should have left Denver. He wasn't the same the 2nd time around.
Once he lost his speed his game was severely limited, sucks that we lost 2 great LBs in Wilson and John Mobley early to injuries.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group