Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT Denver vs San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

A face only a mother could love
Manning
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Rivers
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to share some more of in-depth thoughts later but right now all I want to say is, doesn't it feel great to be a Broncos fan?

I haven't felt this way - this positively - about our team in a long, long time.

Just think, it was only 24 months ago that we were dealing with McSpyGate, 12 months ago we were fighting like cats and dogs about Tim Tebow and now......we have Peyton on his way to the MVP, Von on his way to Defensive MVP, Elway on his on his way to Executive of the Year, we've wrapped up the AFCW before Thanksgiving and for the next 6 weeks we will be playing, not for the playoffs, but for a first round bye in the playoffs.

Holy moly what a difference a year makes.

For those of you too young to really remember the '96-'98 period, this is almost as good as it gets. We might not go all the way this year but we will, mark my words, be hoisting the Lombardi at least once in the next 3 years; I have the same feeling and can sense the same energy around the team and its fans as I did as a high schooler in the late 1990s. Savior this time, boys, it's a special time to be a Broncos fan. Very Happy

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Didn't see the game but it sounds like DJ got some snaps at MLB in both the base and nickle. How'd he do? Did he get snaps anywhere else?

It'd be great if he decided to finish his career as the best MLB he can be.

Glad to see you coming around. Smile
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic Defensive performance. Granted, the Chargers OL is a joke, but wow - I haven't seen Philip Rivers that scared (yes, scared) ever before. Soon as we went to a vanilla 2 deep safety man coverage look the Chargers moved the ball, but before that we were fantastic. It just goes to show you what interior pressure can do for a LB core. Kevin Vickerson was just unblockable yesterday. He disrupted the Chargers so much, and when you get interior penetration like that, all of a sudden your LB's (Woodyard, DJ) start making TFL's. We don't even need to talk about Von Miller. There isn't a Defensive player in the league I would have on my team ahead of him; says it all really.

Our Offense was out of sync; no other way to describe it. Peyton missed some big chances for big gains and points, especially in the first half. We had more drops again, and a couple of miscommunications on the Offensive Line. We still scored points, but we can't expect to play Defense like that every week, so our Offense needs to start better if we are to become a complete Football team.

I sure hope Willis' knee is ok, but I would rest him no matter what next week. I am not saying that because we are playing the Chiefs; I am saying that because this team is going to the playoffs and we are going to need him. I think Hillman has good vision in between the Tackles; his problem is that he goes down the seconds someone touches his feet. Any incidental contact in the hole (plenty with that many bodies) and he is down. Reminds me of Darren McFadden as a rookie with regards to that, and he needs to get that sorted if he wants to carry the ball.

MUFC OK
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I will try to share some more of in-depth thoughts later but right now all I want to say is, doesn't it feel great to be a Broncos fan?

I haven't felt this way - this positively - about our team in a long, long time.

Just think, it was only 24 months ago that we were dealing with McSpyGate, 12 months ago we were fighting like cats and dogs about Tim Tebow and now......we have Peyton on his way to the MVP, Von on his way to Defensive MVP, Elway on his on his way to Executive of the Year, we've wrapped up the AFCW before Thanksgiving and for the next 6 weeks we will be playing, not for the playoffs, but for a first round bye in the playoffs.

For those of you too young to really remember the '96-'98 period, this is almost as good as it gets. We might not go all the way this year but we will, mark my words, be hoisting the Lombardi at least once in the next 3 years; I have the same feeling and can sense the same energy around the team and its fans as I did as a high schooler in the late 1990s. Savior this time, boys, it's a special time to be a Broncos fan. Very Happy

I agree that it does feel great. However, I'm nervous about the sloppiness of the offense. Once we go to the playoffs that could come back to bite us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I agree that it does feel great. However, I'm nervous about the sloppiness of the offense. Once we go to the playoffs that could come back to bite us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think by now it is really evident what having a defense complementary to Peyton's skill set means. If we have a lead of 10 or more points, we can defend anybody (except for perhaps the Pats) for 60 minutes. Even without a lead in a back and forth I feel more and more comfortable with our D. Some major improvement here and there, we all know who these players are. Yet, what is even more astounding to see is that a couple of smart additions and (!) good coaching have caused such a big raise in defensive performance. If JDR is smart, he stays at least for one more year. Potential head coaching opportunity or not, going from a team with a very legit chance of going to the Super Bowl during the next three years to a just house cleaned franchise would be a questionable move. I would assume Del Rio knows that just as much as we do. And heck, coaching a squad with a couple of rising stars, one superstar and one hall of famer can be considered fulfilling enough in order to not feel the need to jump at the first chance for more money. Going back to the implications of this game and gameday: We are going to win this divison, compete for a first round bye and are just as much a Super Bowl caliber team as the recently struggling Falcons, Packers and Texans.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier some folks were worried about Tony Carter playing his way in to an expensive contract per his play. Can we say the same about Vickerson. Lately, after VON, Vickerson has been the most disruptive on the defense. I love how he has played this season and if he continues to build on what he has done thus far, we may need to sign him to a long term contract.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Loved having the all Blues back. If we could make those our regular home uniforms and break out the orange maybe 2-3 times a year- that would be perfect! I really cant stand those orange jerseys as our full time.

No way Jose. Blue is such a boring main color in the NFL. So many teams have it. Orange is much more unique and is what this team was originally meant to have as a home uni. I love em. Plus there was a massive petition among fans so I don't see orange going away soon.

It's like how everyone loved Orange when we'd occasionally wear it in past years.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Three more wins to seal the division and we still need to play KC twice, Oakland and Cleveland.... Time to start focussing on seeding to be honest.

Go Steelers!

I am not so sure this is going to be easy. Cleveland is tougher than their schedule. We play the Raiders in Oakland and that is still a rivalry game. KC, played Pittsburgh tough a few weeks ago and a slightly above adequate defense. The Bucs, well, who knows what they are, but I think, and I am too lazy to look, but I think that game is in Denver, which takes them away from their element. However, I expect to win those games. But, I don't think it will be that easy...any given Sunday.

The only game that I really have no expectation of the Broncos winning is Baltimore, and I don't think they are a better team. The game is just in Baltimore and the Broncos NEVER win there. It don't matter who the coach is, or who the quarterback is, for some reason there is an obvious jinks there.

Then again, the Baltimore game may be an important game for the Broncos, in terms of seating. I think the Broncos are only a game back of the Ravens. I was hoping that the Steelers would have won last night, because we have the tie-breaker over the Steelers. But, I think the Broncos will be right there to vie for the 2nd seat. Especially, if the Broncos can manage to get over the Baltimore voodoo.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at worst we finish 11-5, Baltimore will be very tough and Tampa while inconsistent and a team that we could blow out, is talented enough to beat us.

If I had to make a prediction I'd say 12-4 with a loss to Baltimore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I think at worst we finish 11-5, Baltimore will be very tough and Tampa while inconsistent and a team that we could blow out, is talented enough to beat us.

I think 9-7 at best.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I think 9-7 at best.

Which four games do we lose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I think 9-7 at best.

@KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, and @Oakland.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I think 9-7 at best.

I can never tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you honestly feel this team will finish 2-4 the rest of the way with how good they've been playing? Because IMO that's comical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I think 9-7 at best.

I can never tell if your being sarcastic or not. Do you honestly feel this team will finish 2-4 the rest of the way with how good they've been playing? Because IMO that's comical.

If they beat balt i can see losing to clev. But teams usually dont lose then trap game.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: