Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT Denver vs San Diego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

A face only a mother could love
Manning
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Rivers
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

howie102

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
If we can start hot in all 3 phases, we should win this game. Philip Rivers is capable of bringing a team back from a deficit, but his OL isn't capable of supporting one. Like I said in our 1st matchup - to me, the key is stopping to run. Force the Chargers into 3rd and long and let our guys get after a terrible OL.

And on the other side of the ball, the key is taking full advantage of SD's lack off pass rush.

I'm fully expecting PM to have a field day. Granted, there's no taking advantage of Weddle, but 38-13ish for me.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Hope Tracy Porter is cleared to play soon. He is the 2nd best corner on our team. We need him for sure.

I hope he returns soon too, but he in no way shape or form is the second best corner on this football team.

He most definitely is. He hasn't played for a few weeks and everyone thinks he sucks!. It's ridiculous. Sure TC and Harris are playin absolutely amazing but when Porter won the DPOW I'm sure you were like "OMG PORTER IS AMAZING"... Give the guy a chance. I won't give Carter a huge contract for the few weeks of good play. Porter is still a good player don't know why everyone is off the horse after a week or two of no play

I like Tracy Porter, I'm not sure where the inclination came from that I don't. He performed well (got killed in the Houston game, though) but simply put, when he has played this season his play has not compared to Tony Carter, and especially not to Chris Harris. You could make the argument in some ways that Chris Harris is playing better than Champ Bailey this season.

When Porter gets back, we're in a great position because we can roll four deep, but there is no reason he should take Tony Carter's spot given how Carter has performed so far.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling about this game. I think this could be the game where we might lay an egg.

Think about it. Just played in Carolina, Fox's return, now play the same team that we miraculously came back to beat just a couple weeks back.

San Diego knows they need to win this game to stay in the playoff hunt. With a win they're only 1 game back in the division and the wild card. This might be their "statement game". Where they'll need to win to keep the season alive.

I also know that San Diego (usually) goes on a bit of a run late in the season and this game might spark their fire to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are vastly overrating the Chargers. This was a team that was gifted 17 points off the bat. Do you honestly think we're going to fumble on back to back plays inside our own 25 again?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I think people are vastly overrating the Chargers. This was a team that was gifted 17 points off the bat. Do you honestly think we're going to fumble on back to back plays inside our own 25 again?
It wouldn't shock me if it happened. Laughing

But no, I don't think so.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

That's not to say we couldn't make similar mistakes again.

But the Chargers had 1, 1 meaningful drive that they actually did anything of substance. Chargers have been the least impressive team that we've played thus far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if this game were on the road, we would lose. The energy SD would have playing for the season in front of home fans would be a huge advantage. They're not, and Denver hasn't been at home in awhile. You would think the place will probably be rocking given how the team has played and the fact that we don't have another home game for some time.

Also, if we can cover Gates, there is no WR on the Chargers offense that scares me. They all suck, IMO. Denver shot themselves in the foot last time...it ain't gonna happen this time.

Thanks, Tzimisce
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Also, if we can cover Gates, there is no WR on the Chargers offense that scares me. They all suck, IMO. Denver shot themselves in the foot last time...it ain't gonna happen this time.

I think Champ can handle Floyd, but I am intrigued to see Danario Alexander and how we match up with him. Last time we played, the Chargers ran barely any 3 WR packages to try and keep Von Miller at SLB. Harris matched up with Meachem, and Champ followed Floyd. Will the Chargers do the same this week? I imagine they will, because none of Alexander, Floyd or Meachem have any extensive experience in the slot. I think Alexander is actually a tougher match up for Harris than Meachem, so keep an eye on that.

MUFC OK
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

That's not to say we couldn't make similar mistakes again.

But the Chargers had 1, 1 meaningful drive that they actually did anything of substance. Chargers have been the least impressive team that we've played thus far.

The last time we played the Chargers I posted in the game day thread about how bad the Chargers were and how we should have destroyed them. My prediction didn't look so hot in the first half but it ended up being accurate.

The Chargers aren't a good football team. Period. The teams they have beaten are horrible. And like 07 said, they had one good drive against us. One. One out of however many drives a tea has each game.

I'm not saying there isn't a chance we'll lose, because this is the NFL. But we are a better football team in nearly every aspect of the game. It shouldn't be close.

Edit: Here's my first gameday thread post against the Chargers:

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
You are going to be served some humble pie.

Put me in the "humble pie eating, overrating the Broncos, thinking the Chargers are not close to Denvers level, needing tempered expectations" category.

big_palooka wrote:
SD and Denver are both average teams right now.

Wrong. SD is an average team. Average teams beat horrible teams like the Titans, Cheifs and Raiders. Good teams lose to great teams by 6 points.

The only good team SD has played was Atlanta, who thoroughly crushed them. The same team Denver lost to by 6 points after starting out in a hole from which most teams would have given up.

Denver has lost to 3 teams that will make deep playoff runs. And they have lost by 6, 6 and 10 in those games. San Diego would have been beaten by 20 in each of those games, just as they were by Atlanta.

I've bolded the ones that came to fruition.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing how jackson performs. He should get significant playing time with Doom out.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

I agree with this. But do you think Phyliss is going to throw 3 4th quarter INTs?

Points of interest:

1.) Our defense. They have been playing pretty well since the second half of the Chargers game. The only thing they seem to struggle with is TEs, which is the only advantaged the Chargers offense has against our defense.

2.) TOs. If you look back on the season thus far, we suck at recovering fumbles. Furthermore we have gifted teams many points (mostly early in games) with said TOs. This has to stop. This eye sore is will cost this team a shot at a SB in the playoffs.

3.) Our offense. They looked very out of sync last game. Why? Mostly the run game. When can't run the ball effectively, it makes the passing game much less likely to succeed. If you look at the games were the offense took control of the game, it was because we ran the ball well (granted this was against subpar defenses). This is something that is also going to have to improve if we want that SB. How many 3rd and shorts have we not gotten on a running play? This must improve.

4.) Where is palooka? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing He hasn't made a post in these forums in awhile. Is he ok?
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
PredomntlyOrnge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Deigo will be playing for their lives this game, and we are going to get their absolute best effort, but I think we win this one by 6.

I assume Doom will not play, and I actually think this will be a good thing for this game. I think the key is to shut down Ryan Mathews, and Ayers will be better in run support then Doom.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Pookie to come post here again. He toes the line, but he's at least fun to banter with.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing how jackson performs. He should get significant playing time with Doom out.

Is he definitely out?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've said for weeks the game upcoming I'm most concerned with is Tampa Bay. Chargers are not a good team and as soon as you hit Rivers he falls apart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: