Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Demise of the Very Good QB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44603
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Eli had been a borderline top 10 QB for many years. Up until this past offseason you would struggle to find non-Giants fans putting him higher than 8th.

And let's not pretend like he isn't generally right up there with the league leaders in interceptions.

I think Rivers, Romo and Eli are still very good QBs who are just having a bad time. Jason Garrett and Norv Turner suck.

Vick and Cutler just aren't very good QBs in my eyes.


I agree with you 100% - I think R/R/E are still very good QB's on a down season

I also agree and have said for a while that vick and Cutler weren't good QB's but they were consistently getting pushed into that lower part of the Top 10. Vick's decision making has always been one of the worst in the league along with Cutler which can only be hidden by talent for so long.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28849
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny I had a lengthy "debate" with someone who was adamant Vick was going to become a career mid-90s rating guy, because of trends he had made to suit himself. The topic got locked I assume because I was right and this forum hates that sort of thing.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King John


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 1191
Location: Flotown, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Romo will still have a Passer Rating somewhere in the 90s by the end of the season imo, definitely a drop off from last year, but not horrible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24330
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only hope our next coach sees that Rivers is more limited mobility wise than Jared Gaither with back problems.

Unless Norv turns it around and leads us to the promise land. Then we build something slightly less mobile than Rivers - a statue. Wink
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24330
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Its funny I had a lengthy "debate" with someone who was adamant Vick was going to become a career mid-90s rating guy, because of trends he had made to suit himself. The topic got locked I assume because I was right and this forum hates that sort of thing.


Honestly, when someone from the UK wins a football debate with someone, the person who got beat should be banned from here because he's a disgrace to Murrica.

Wink
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17022
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Rivers and Vick were already on the decline as of last year.
Cutler was never really considered better than slightly above-average.
Eli has never been a great regular season QB and is in the middle of his annual midseason slump.
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.


/thread

Vick hasn't been considered a top 10 QB in awhile though, you should of included Stafford or Newton instead.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44603
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while as in this last offseason?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.


You don't know what you're talking about. Could you give examples? Don't say the 5 interception game, because the three interceptions that happened during competitive play were because of his teammates...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Tzimisce - Romo has "flirted with being crappy" ? Please elaborate
Given how many bonehead, game-costing interceptions he's thrown over the years, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He's never been as good as the stats would have you think.


You could say that about any quarterback, most moreso than Romo. The media just likes to harp on any possible example where you could blame anything on Romo. Rivers and Eli have screwed more games this year and last year than in Romo's career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, statistics are very misleading, specifically interceptions and touchdowns. Some quarterbacks have many interceptions at the fault of their teammates. Some quarterbacks throw the ball at a very high % in the redzone while other teams will run the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13621
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
By the way, statistics are very misleading, specifically interceptions and touchdowns. Some quarterbacks have many interceptions at the fault of their teammates. Some quarterbacks throw the ball at a very high % in the redzone while other teams will run the ball.
For as many times a QB is intercepted and not be his fault, you have that same QB hit a DB on his hands and it's straight dropped. It equals itself out IMO.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
By the way, statistics are very misleading, specifically interceptions and touchdowns. Some quarterbacks have many interceptions at the fault of their teammates. Some quarterbacks throw the ball at a very high % in the redzone while other teams will run the ball.
For as many times a QB is intercepted and not be his fault, you have that same QB hit a DB on his hands and it's straight dropped. It equals itself out IMO.


Not really. That's assuming the QB who has bad luck with his teammates screwing up also happens to have more bad throws that should have been intercepted...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No QB could have success with the Eagles combination of playcalling and Oline play this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7902
Location: Titletown for the summer!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Rivers and Vick were already on the decline as of last year.
Cutler was never really considered better than slightly above-average.
Eli has never been a great regular season QB and is in the middle of his annual midseason slump.
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.


Laughing Poor Romo...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11206
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
By the way, statistics are very misleading, specifically interceptions and touchdowns. Some quarterbacks have many interceptions at the fault of their teammates. Some quarterbacks throw the ball at a very high % in the redzone while other teams will run the ball.


Funny because that happens to eli all the time and you still made ridiculous comments about him. But now its happening to Romo, now interceptions and touchdowns can be misleading.
_________________


"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group