Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Demise of the Very Good QB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FuhZee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Romo is not in decline and he has consistently been a top 10 QB. I hate to break it to Cowboys fans, but the problem is NOT Tony Romo. It is your horribly overrated WRs, your terrible offensive line, your non-existent running game, your patsy of a head coach, and your terrible owner and general manager. Your team -- your organization -- is not good. Start dealing with it now.

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Randy Moss (Culpepper) or Calvin Johnson (Stafford).

Thank you!
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney - I agree with you 100% on all points

Tzimisce - Romo has "flirted with being crappy" ? Please elaborate

Sig courtesy of mack.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.

Better than Cutler.

He's a Packer's fan Laughing

Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
So say he was a Bears fan... So he can't have an opinion on a QB that is better then his teams QB without u bringing it up? Maybe ask why he feels Eli sucks instead of taking a pot shot at the team you thought he was a fan of.

He replied in that manner because it was a stupid comment.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
went through and saw which qbs you have there through the stats....dont know if you want people to know who they are....but all but one of them is really isnt a surprise.

Most people had 4 of the 5 in their Top 10 lists and almost everyone had 3 of the 5 on their list. So to have nearly 50% of the Top 10 QB's in the NFL playing like they're average to below average QB's is a surprise.

Meanwhile Alex Smith is playing like a Top 5 QB with a nearly 3:1 TD:INT and 70% comp for 8.0YPA - Granted he's about 1000yds behind the other leaders in yardage.

And while Eli hasn't been a "great regular season QB" he and Romo are being outplayed by Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Kevin Kolb, Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton and RGIII (Eli was a pro bowler last year.)

Then you have Cam Newton and Matt Stafford, who I didn't list in the OP, who were both Pro Bowlers last year. Cam is at 57% and 7.9YPA with 8 TD and 10 INT while Matt has 63% and 7.0YPA with 11 TD and 8 INT.

Sig courtesy of mack.

Last edited by MaddHatter on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
went through and saw which qbs you have there through the stats....dont know if you want people to know who they are....but all but one of them is really isnt a surprise.

Most people had 4 of the 5 in their Top 10 lists and almost everyone had 3 of the 5 on their list. So to have nearly 50% of the Top 10 QB's in the NFL playing like they're average to below average QB's is a surprise.

ya but they all are qbs that the majority of people would agree could easily have a season like they are having.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

ya but they all are qbs that the majority of people would agree could easily have a season like they are having.

Romo's worst season prior to this was a 61% 8.2 YPA 265 YPG 26 TD 14 INT season and he's coming off a 3:1 TD:INT season with 8 YPA and 66% - One might have thought he was "capable" of having a season like this but I doubt many thought he would.

Sig courtesy of mack.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Romo's worst season prior to this was a 61% 8.2 YPA 265 YPG 26 TD 14 INT season and he's coming off a 3:1 TD:INT season with 8 YPA and 66% - One might have thought he was "capable" of having a season like this but I doubt many thought he would.

hes also coming off an anomaly season that made every qb look 3 times better then they are.

but that is also my point. ya you wouldnt have guess romo would do so bad but him doing it is not mind boggling....the same with every other qb on this list.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

hes also coming off an anomaly season that made every qb look 3 times better then they are.

but that is also my point. ya you wouldnt have guess romo would do so bad but him doing it is not mind boggling....the same with every other qb on this list.

Anomaly?

He posted a 3:1 TD:INT season with a 63% and 8 YPA season in 2009 also before he broke his collarbone in 2010. So that's both of his last 2 full seasons - I think that hurts your "anomaly" theory.

Sig courtesy of mack.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Anomaly?

He posted a 3:1 TD:INT season with a 63% and 8 YPA season in 2009 also before he broke his collarbone in 2010. So that's both of his last 2 full seasons - I think that hurts your "anomaly" theory.

it was an anomaly for the nfl not just romo.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.

Better than Cutler.

He's a Packer's fan Laughing

Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
So say he was a Bears fan... So he can't have an opinion on a QB that is better then his teams QB without u bringing it up? Maybe ask why he feels Eli sucks instead of taking a pot shot at the team you thought he was a fan of.

It was a blind comment, and an obvious troll attempt. Perhaps he shouldve been more constructive with his post and elaborated his thought more, then maybe it wouldnt have come across as bad.

If someone said "Aaron Rodgers sucks" without adding anything else, you and a horde of angry Packers fans would be flipping out, and dont act like thats not true.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Given how many bonehead, game-costing interceptions he's thrown over the years, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He's never been as good as the stats would have you think.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Given how many bonehead, game-costing interceptions he's thrown over the years, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He's never been as good as the stats would have you think.

Please point out all his "game-costing" INT's over the few years - I'll wait.

Focusing on DET and NYJ and ignoring the 49ers and all the other game winning drives and TD's he's thrown and acting like that's the real Romo is ignorant. Him posting elite YPA and elite TD:INT numbers year after year isn't an accident and isn't flirting with crappy. No QB can fake being elite with their stats for this long while being a terrible QB, not to mention every QB has a bad game once or twice a season. Eli threw 4 vs. Seattle, Brady threw 4 or 5 vs Buffalo IIRC, Brees threw 3 vs TB. Have they all been flirting with crappy as well?

Sig courtesy of mack.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define being outplayed?

And i can't believe your comment about Eli, he not only flirted with crappy, he flat out was crappy for several seasons.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Define being outplayed?

Better stats - I used PSR real quick to sort but typically that's a projection of TD:INT ratio and YPA/Comp%

Quote:
And i can't believe your comment about Eli, he not only flirted with crappy, he flat out was crappy for several seasons.

He's been a Top 10 QB for several years and some were putting him 4th or 5th this offseason behind the Elite 3 and Peyton/Ben were his competition.

Sig courtesy of mack.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli had been a borderline top 10 QB for many years. Up until this past offseason you would struggle to find non-Giants fans putting him higher than 8th.

And let's not pretend like he isn't generally right up there with the league leaders in interceptions.

I think Rivers, Romo and Eli are still very good QBs who are just having a bad time. Jason Garrett and Norv Turner suck.

Vick and Cutler just aren't very good QBs in my eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: