Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Demise of the Very Good QB's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 43061
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: The Demise of the Very Good QB's Reply with quote

For the 2012 Season:

59% 7.2YPA 201YPG 12 TD 10 INT 0 TD 4 FUM 4 FL
58% 6.9YPA 240YPG 11 TD 09 INT 1 TD 10 FUM 5 FL
68% 7.3YPA 244YPG 15 TD 12 INT 0 TD 6 FUM 3 FL
61% 7.3YPA 264YPG 12 TD 11 INT 0 TD 4 FUM 1 FL
67% 7.6YPA 289YPG 12 TD 13 INT 1 TD 4 FUM 2 FL


All 5 were considered "good" to "very good" QB's who have typically put up good to elite stats. All are having terrible seasons, several on pace for their worst season of their career. I personally find it to be extremely surprising that half of many peoples top 10 would be performing at such a low level.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8333
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went through and saw which qbs you have there through the stats....dont know if you want people to know who they are....but all but one of them is really isnt a surprise.
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45445
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers and Vick were already on the decline as of last year.
Cutler was never really considered better than slightly above-average.
Eli has never been a great regular season QB and is in the middle of his annual midseason slump.
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29478
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.

sig quoted.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28034
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Rivers and Vick were already on the decline as of last year.
Cutler was never really considered better than slightly above-average.
Eli has never been a great regular season QB and is in the middle of his annual midseason slump.
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.


Its rare but I agree 100% on all these points
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11854
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo is not in decline and he has consistently been a top 10 QB. I hate to break it to Cowboys fans, but the problem is NOT Tony Romo. It is your horribly overrated WRs, your terrible offensive line, your non-existent running game, your patsy of a head coach, and your terrible owner and general manager. Your team -- your organization -- is not good. Start dealing with it now.

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Randy Moss (Culpepper) or Calvin Johnson (Stafford).
_________________
Anyone but Bortles.
davidpalmer714 wrote:
What i do know is that he's the smartest person on this board and its' not even close.


Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 45445
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Romo is not in decline and he has consistently been a top 10 QB. I hate to break it to Cowboys fans, but the problem is NOT Tony Romo. It is your horribly overrated WRs, your terrible offensive line, your non-existent running game, your patsy of a head coach, and your terrible owner and general manager. Your team -- your organization -- is not good. Start dealing with it now.

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Randy Moss (Culpepper) or Calvin Johnson (Stafford).
I agree that Dez Bryant is horribly overrated, and the Cowboys organization is a mess, but Romo deserves a lot of the blame for his own failures this year.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8333
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Romo is not in decline and he has consistently been a top 10 QB. I hate to break it to Cowboys fans, but the problem is NOT Tony Romo. It is your horribly overrated WRs, your terrible offensive line, your non-existent running game, your patsy of a head coach, and your terrible owner and general manager. Your team -- your organization -- is not good. Start dealing with it now.

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Randy Moss (Culpepper) or Calvin Johnson (Stafford).


wow.....umm....that seemed unnecessary.
_________________

props to deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bears Are Legit


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 667
Location: Super Bowl
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that Eli sucks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47309
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.


Better than Cutler.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green90


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 652
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.


Better than Cutler.


He's a Packer's fan Laughing
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
I also have a bitchin' camero
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47309
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.


Better than Cutler.


He's a Packer's fan Laughing


Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Green90


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 652
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.


Better than Cutler.


He's a Packer's fan Laughing


Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.


Oh I agree. And he's absolutely better than Cutler as well.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
I also have a bitchin' camero
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 18838
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Rivers and Vick were already on the decline as of last year.
Cutler was never really considered better than slightly above-average.
Eli has never been a great regular season QB and is in the middle of his annual midseason slump.
Romo has always flirted with being crappy. This year he decided to dive in headfirst.


It's starting to trouble me that I find myself agreeing with you so often. Stop it.
_________________

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13328
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.


Better than Cutler.


He's a Packer's fan Laughing


Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
So say he was a Bears fan... So he can't have an opinion on a QB that is better then his teams QB without u bringing it up? Maybe ask why he feels Eli sucks instead of taking a pot shot at the team you thought he was a fan of.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group