Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Favorite prospects Reply with quote

So, not looking too far ahead and trying to stay positive... but realistically it looks like there is a pretty solid chance we are picking top 10 this year... with that being said, who would you like to see us take with the pick (or trade down and go for)?

It seems pretty obvious where our glaring needs are:

-Corner (opposite Huff,who imo has looked really solid at corner)
-FS

-David Amerson - not sure where he's expected to go, but almost a guaranteed first round talent. He plays corner but a lot of experts say his more natural position may be FS. This guy is an absolute ball hawk in the secondary, covers ground in a hurry and makes a ton of big plays. Imo adding even just him would upgrade our secondary tremendously. Reminds me of Ed Reed, especially with his return ability after the pick.

-OLB/DE.... Passrusher!

- Dion Jordan - reminds me a lot of JPP. Freakish athlete and great off the edge. Might still be a bit raw the same way JPP was, but imo this kids gonna be great in the NFL. And he can play end in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4. Possibly a late round 1 pick just given the depth at DE/OLB in this draft

-MLB

- Manti Te'o - IMO by far and away the best MLB in this draft. Again too early to project where he'll go, but if he's still available mid-late round 1 he offers good value

-RB (sorry DMC, but i think this year might have been a deal breaker)

- Andre Ellington - Huge fan of this guy. Explosive, with great break-away speed. Has excellent vision and is elusive in small spaces. Also for his size, breaks a ton of arm tackles and doesn't go down easily. Has some experience as a pass catcher too. Probably a 2nd-3rd round pick

-WR

- Keenan Allen - IMO this guy has star potential. He's got all the key attributes; size, speed, ability to make plays after the catch. reminds me of a Brandon Marshall type reciever. Possible mid-late round 1 pick.

I really hope we trade down, IMO there aren't really any elite prospects worth selecting as high as it looks we might be selecting. Realistically we might even be able to grab a 2nd in the process, could see someone falling in love with Geno Smith and trading the farm to get him. The only player i'd be willing to spend a top 5 pick on would be a 'QB of the future' and imo there isn't one in this draft or at least not the top of it... (and we all know how much it sets you back when you miss on it).

Anyways, who are your favorite prospects? What do you think of the guys mentioned?
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Prospects

Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame

Manti Te'o is having a monstrous, Heisman-caliber 2012 campaign and is arguably the top prospect available. This is usually a bit higher than middle linebackers will go, but Te'o is a terrific prospect and linebackers who can cover very well will have more value now with these athletic tight ends emerging.

Star Lotulelei NT Utah

He completely dominated USC's front in a recent matchup.

Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia

Jones, who has separated himself as the premier pass-rusher in this class, would function just like Von Miller does in Denver. He'd start at strongside linebacker and then rush the quarterback on passing downs.

Others that I like

Johnathan Hankins

Tyler Wilson

DeMarcus Milliner

Barkevious Mingo

Johnathan Jenkins
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Top Prospects

Manti Te'o is having a monstrous, Heisman-caliber 2012 campaign and is arguably the top prospect available. This is usually a bit higher than middle linebackers will go, but Te'o is a terrific prospect and linebackers who can cover very well will have more value now with these athletic tight ends emerging.

Star Lotulelei NT Utah

Jones, who has separated himself as the premier pass-rusher in this class, would function just like Von Miller does in Denver. He'd start at strongside linebacker and then rush the quarterback on passing downs.

Others that I like

Johnathan Hankins

Tyler Wilson

DeMarcus Milliner

Barkevious Mingo

Johnathan Jenkins

Jarvis Jones will almost certainly be gone by the time we pick unless we are top 5, might even need to be top 3. Mingo looks like he could go pretty high too. Lotulelei again basically guaranteed first NT taken, probably top 5. Milliner looks like he might be the first CB taken as well. IMO these guys don't offer great value, we have a lot of holes and can find equally good players later in the 1st and get more picks.

When Atlanta moved up to 6 to get Julio Jones, they traded away two 1sts and a 2nd if i recall correctly... we could be in a good spot to cash in on a team looking to reach on a combine freak!
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

Star Lotulelei NT Utah

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

I'll go into more detail when I'm out of class.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Top Prospects

Star Lotulelei NT Utah

Others that I like

Johnathan Hankins

Tyler Wilson

DeMarcus Milliner

Barkevious Mingo

Johnathan Jenkins

Jarvis Jones will almost certainly be gone by the time we pick unless we are top 5, might even need to be top 3. Mingo looks like he could go pretty high too. Lotulelei again basically guaranteed first NT taken, probably top 5. Milliner looks like he might be the first CB taken as well. IMO these guys don't offer great value, we have a lot of holes and can find equally good players later in the 1st and get more picks.

When Atlanta moved up to 6 to get Julio Jones, they traded away two 1sts and a 2nd if i recall correctly... we could be in a good spot to cash in on a team looking to reach on a combine freak!

If Carson Palmer goes down we will be a top 10 pick.

Jarvis Jones could be a great fit if they plan on moving to the 3-4 so would Star Lotulelei, Johnathan Hankins or Johnathan Jenkins.

I also think Reggie will be trading to build more, but I don't see the Raiders getting any lower then 3 in the draft no matter how bad they get because Kansas City Chiefs, and Jacksonville Jaguars are just plan awful also there is Cleveland Browns, and Carolina Panthers the Raiders won't get what the Rams did, but if they can get what the Vikings did this past year would be fine with me.
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing as we are talking about prosepcts, i am curious to see where people think marcus lattimore may fall to. Any chance he could be michael bush 2.0 for us where we take him 3rd or 4th round, let him sit out a year and then work him in? i freely admit i have no idea how severe his injury is or what the prognosis is for him, but i haven't heard anything about his injury since that weekend.

and for what its worth, i am hoping for a top 4 pick, and that we can hopefully trade down in the first round and pick up additional picks. I don't like not having a 2nd round pick this year, so getting more picks at this point is more important then 1 player in the first 2 rounds.
reddevil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay where we pick (top 10 for sure), which would exclude using a high pick on a CB or MLB as they do not qualify as good value:
Star Lotulelei, Johnathan Hankins, Luke Joeckel, Jarvis Jones (who may drop due to spinal condition), Demontre Moore, Barkevious Mingo, Bjoern Werner

Trade back a few spots:
Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, Chance Warmack, Jesse Williams, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we go based on our needs:

1. Lotulelei
2. Hankins
3. Jordan
4. Joeckel
5. Teo
6. Montgomery
7. Moore
8. Warmack
9. Mathews
10. Okafor

EDIT: Forgot Millner, I would put him around 5.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Mingo
2.Star
3.Top OT
4.Jones
5.Hankins
6.Bjoern

No need to go further, we will be able to get one of these guys.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankins, Okafor and Keenan Allen.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner, Tyrann Mathieu, Luke Jockel, Barett Jones, Chance Warmack, Cordell Patterson, and Geno Smith

I would throw in Jarvis Jones but his spine scares the hell out of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Dee Milliner, Tyrann Mathieu, Luke Jockel, Barett Jones, Chance Warmack, Cordell Patterson, and Geno Smith

Completely agree. What great is a pass rusher if he has the potential to have a short career? Rather have a player that has a far greater chance to play longer.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

Completely agree. What great is a pass rusher if he has the potential to have a short career? Rather have a player that has a far greater chance to play longer.
what about mingo
G

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather trade down multiple times and collect 2nd-4th round picks.
We need depth and unless there is a star at a position of need, then move along and drop down. I'd rather draft some depth than 1 starter that might need a season or two to develop.
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Star but doesn't Jarvis Jones have a disease that could effect his career?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: