Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BROWN GOT U DOWN? DRINK IT OFF IN HERE (OT THREAD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Browns' next coach?
Jon Gruden
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Bill Cowher
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chip Kelly
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Webby
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Nobody Left. We Tried Everyone.
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Estonian "The Chin-Chuckie" Zulu
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Hronby
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 44

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
got notice today for my civil service test to take to be a correctional officer today anybody no anyone that does it

Im a former police officer.... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
got notice today for my civil service test to take to be a correctional officer today anybody no anyone that does it

I am trying to become part of the sherrifs department, hoping this will help me some
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I've known some people that do the corrections thing. Seems like a relatively good job and at the very least a decent stepping stone if you want to do something else law enforcement related later on. I've been with CPD for a couple years now, so I see a slightly different side of things. The corrections thing would be interesting at least for a while though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I've known some people that do the corrections thing. Seems like a relatively good job and at the very least a decent stepping stone if you want to do something else law enforcement related later on. I've been with CPD for a couple years now, so I see a slightly different side of things. The corrections thing would be interesting at least for a while though.

yea I ultimately want to be part of the Sheriffs Dept. looking back on things I wish I had acted on my interest in law enforcment before I went to school I would have gone for Criminal Justice instead of business
NateDawg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
yea I ultimately want to be part of the Sheriffs Dept. looking back on things I wish I had acted on my interest in law enforcment before I went to school I would have gone for Criminal Justice instead of business

Criminal Justice doesn't hurt your chances, but I didn't study Criminal Justice either. I was a history major who got in the process after graduating college and was fortunate enough to get a great job pretty shortly after, without any law enforcement experience. Having a good and well behaved background and presenting yourself well to people who evaluate you is the biggest thing. Military or law enforcement experience would certainly help things as well. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Criminal Justice doesn't hurt your chances, but I didn't study Criminal Justice either. I was a history major who got in the process after graduating college and was fortunate enough to get a great job pretty shortly after, without any law enforcement experience. Having a good and well behaved background and presenting yourself well to people who evaluate you is the biggest thing. Military or law enforcement experience would certainly help things as well. Best of luck.

appreciate it, how do you enjoy being a cop?
NateDawg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

appreciate it, how do you enjoy being a cop?

It's a good job. It really depends on the department you are on though. Every area is different. I enjoy working the hood and messing with the dope boys. People always want to hear stories, which is fine, though there are certain ones I just wouldn't share with family or close friends. If you are working a suburb though, you are going to see an entirely different side of things, which might not be a bad thing. If you have a good chain of command and good guys around you, it's an enjoyable job. The hardest part is definitely adjusting to bad hours and days off, with the family.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yo DP

Trooper or where?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yo DP

Trooper or where?

taking a test for the Seneca County Jail to be a CO, but I would like to get in with the Seneca County or Ontario County Sheriffs Dept. I also have applied to the Geneva PD
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yo DP

Trooper or where?

taking a test for the Seneca County Jail to be a CO, but I would like to get in with the Seneca County or Ontario County Sheriffs Dept. I also have applied to the Geneva PD

Nice dude. If ya get in and i get pulled over i can tell the cops i know DP!

Should let me go!

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yo DP

Trooper or where?

Should let me go!

whats so funny meow
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone on here do the game rewind thing from NFL.com???

I know some talked about it before the season, I was going to buy it but never had the $$$. I just saw that its now down to $25, I want if to just watch the coach's film/ endzone cam stuff-- just wondering if anyone got it and what they think about it??

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Yo DP

Trooper or where?

Should let me go!

whats so funny meow

Sorry, just got back on...

I worked in Springfield and was doing additional training in Dayton... Saw a domestic violence turn homicide... Decided if I wanted to see that I would have stayed in the marine corp... Actually it was easier in the marines - the dead idiots weren't where you lived.... Quit a short time later.

I teach (elementary art right now) and coach soccer right now. Actually though, the local sheriff department is looking to hire me as a special unit officer so I can carry on school property.... One of the adjustments the community is looking at to try and prevent a Connecticut like shooting spree here.

If your looking for a job I hope your a minority so you get the bonus on your test.... Helps more than anything.... Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get back to what this forum is good at (other than drinking).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Time to get back to what this forum is good at (other than drinking).

Woah

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

Jump to: