Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger has sprained shoulder and dislocated rib
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Roethlisberger has sprained shoulder and dislocated rib Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774483849003008

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774612714795008

#Steelers Roethlisberger said today it's so rare that the last time dr. told him it occurred was with rugby player in 1998

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774764422758400

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers


This is not good Crying or Very sad
_________________


Last edited by Steelerspower on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called it in the game thread. Just on the bases of it being Big Ben. If he left the game early, it was serious. The dude is a tank and one of the the toughest guys in the game today. For him not to return told me something was bothering him.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Roethlisberger has a shoulder sprain, SC sprain, Tomlin says he's being evaluated, he is questionable for this week.


https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/268399423493636096?p=v

Quote:
If Ben Roethlisberger can't practice all week, Tomlin says he could play him Sunday: "I have before."


https://mobile.twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/268401088091267072?p=v
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ben told me he had "little torn rotator cuff" in training camp but this is not connected in any way.


https://mobile.twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268401845406408704?p=v
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35320
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they still managed to win Mad
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83399
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they desperately need him to beat Baltimore
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16574
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he'll need amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
they desperately need him to beat Baltimore


I wouldn't go that far...
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6846
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not in the Steelers' best interest to forthcoming about Ben's status. Might as well make the Ravens plan for both cases.

I actually hope Ben plays. It's going to cheapen one of the 2 biggest games of year, if he's out. Bad enough that Hairpiece, Brown, and all 5 of the Ravens' blue chip defenders are banged up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he'll need amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...


Kinda my take on it as well. Guy gets hurt, but doesn't sit out. I was convinced he broke his ankle in a few places last season against the Browns, and all he missed was a drive or two. Dude simply ignores pain.

That being said - I'm scouring my waiver wire for QBs. Ben was money for my fantasy league, and I am now stuck in a tough place. Here's hoping that Doug Martin has another 250/4 TD game...
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he'll need amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...


Kinda my take on it as well. Guy gets hurt, but doesn't sit out. I was convinced he broke his ankle in a few places last season against the Browns, and all he missed was a drive or two. Dude simply ignores pain.

That being said - I'm scouring my waiver wire for QBs. Ben was money for my fantasy league, and I am now stuck in a tough place. Here's hoping that Doug Martin has another 250/4 TD game...


Difference is, this is his throwing arm.

And he didnt play well last year when dealing with his ankle injury.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
It's Ben, who knows how severe it is. Even if I read a report that he'll need amputation, I still wouldn't rule him out for this Sundays game...


Kinda my take on it as well. Guy gets hurt, but doesn't sit out. I was convinced he broke his ankle in a few places last season against the Browns, and all he missed was a drive or two. Dude simply ignores pain.

That being said - I'm scouring my waiver wire for QBs. Ben was money for my fantasy league, and I am now stuck in a tough place. Here's hoping that Doug Martin has another 250/4 TD game...


Difference is, this is his throwing arm.

And he didnt play well last year when dealing with his ankle injury.



I do not think that Roethlisberger can play worse than last year with his injury

He also had a right shoulder injury in 2008, same for Eli in 2007

I hope that Roethlisberger will play against the Ravens, since the steelers have no chance to win with Leftwith as QB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8532
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible injury for Pittsburgh. For their sake let's hope he's back for 1 of the games vs. Baltimore.
_________________
Where's my Burrito? Where's my Burrito?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Terrible injury for Pittsburgh. For their sake let's hope he's back for 1 of the games vs. Baltimore.


The ravens are very lucky

Almost every year, Roethlisberger is injured before the game against the ravens

this is very [inappropriate/removed] frustrating

Including the 4 games suspension in 2010, Roethlisberger has missed six game since 2007 and three of its game were against the ravens
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2637
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben's a tough SOB, no denying that. However, I think he needs to learn to sit a few out and let his injuries heal faster. Playing in the San Fran game last year was not a good decision, albeit in hindsight. Didn't help the team any and lost anyway. By a lot. Could the backup have done better? Who knows. I can't even name the backup without looking him up.

Hope he gets healed up quickly. My cousin is a huge Steelers fan, and I don't like him when he's cranky. :p
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group