Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have kept Jerrod Johnson..why do we have 2 Back up qb's that we dont like? thats stupid..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrod Johnson is horrible and much worse than Leftwich or Batch.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

He is an improvement over Ta'amu at being water boy!! You gotta give him that!
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batch is the better option in my mind. I'd take his game management over Leftwich's anyday. However with Lefty sitting at #2 on the depth chart it appears Batch's role is more of a coach than player. Leftwich's molasses delivery behind the Steeler OL could get ugly. Hopefully the line continues it's improved play and Haley's playcalling is effective with Lefty at the helm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

We dont know that..all we know is that he looked okay in short time preseason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

He looked okay in one game vs 3rd stringers. He looked awful the rest of the time.
gatek99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

He looked okay in one game vs 3rd stringers. He looked awful the rest of the time.

I will still take him as depth at this point. Especially since he got some PT with the UFL a couple weeks ago.

This is why we should have signed a rookie QB. It would have been nice to develop Austin Davis, Keenum, or Kellen Moore as an UDFA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why Charlie Batch isn't the one getting the nod as the starter for this week.

His skillset would suggest that it's a lot more suited Todd Haley's offense...When I say skillset I'm saying his lack of an arm and the fact that he looks less like a statue in the pocket than Byron.
SteelersFan2333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:
I don't understand why Charlie Batch isn't the one getting the nod as the starter for this week.

His skillset would suggest that it's a lot more suited Todd Haley's offense...When I say skillset I'm saying his lack of an arm and the fact that he looks less like a statue in the pocket than Byron.

While Batch would be better in this dink and dunk style due to Leftys 3 second release, I think Lefty is the better QB right now. I do think that Haley will have to change the offense a little going with a longer, deeper attack that may actually help stretch the field a little, opening up the running game a little more. Leftys release just isnt suited for what we have been running, we just have to hope if they do go to a deeper attack the extra time holding the ball doesnt get Lefty killed due to the OL having to hold their blocks longer.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:

Charlie's play has severely declined, he's only on the team because Jarrod Johnson was worse and he's a fan favorite.

If worse comes to worse, I think he can handle himself alright in a game, but Byron at this point is a better quarterback.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“You tend to know a lot more after four to five days,” said Dr. David Geier, an orthopedist and the director of sports medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. “You see how long it takes the pain to settle down, and you’ll probably have him do nothing for a few days to get it to calm down.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2951461-85/steelers-injury-ravens-roethlisberger-game-ben-quarterback-sideline-alan-baltimore#ixzz2CDAMJEYp
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing it's a Grade 1-2 anterior SC sprain.

Amendola's was left sided and posterior and came within millimeters of nicking his aorta.

So, in the big scheme of things, certainly could have been worse. In the 2012 season scheme of things, this is a damn unfortunate time to lose Ben. Horrific scheduling combined with horrific luck on this one.

2-3 weeks to resume activities. Maybe a 4th week to get used to the pain while throwing. Amendola missed 3 games with his and he doesn't have to throw the rock.

Sounds like the rib injury might be a dislocation off the spinal column which is threatening internal organs (lungs, heart, diaphragm). No source on this. Just an educated guess.

Either way, I don't think we see Ben for at least a month. Nothing to be done about these injuries. Reduce'em, let em heal. Return to play when the risk of reinjury is determined to be at baseline and symptoms allow. Ben will probably still need a needle for his next couple starts even 4 weeks out. These suckers hurt big time bad.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Guessing it's a Grade 1-2 anterior SC sprain.

Amendola's was left sided and posterior and came within millimeters of nicking his aorta.

So, in the big scheme of things, certainly could have been worse. In the 2012 season scheme of things, this is a damn unfortunate time to lose Ben. Horrific scheduling combined with horrific luck on this one.

2-3 weeks to resume activities. Maybe a 4th week to get used to the pain while throwing. Amendola missed 3 games with his and he doesn't have to throw the rock.

Sounds like the rib injury might be a dislocation off the spinal column which is threatening internal organs (lungs, heart, diaphragm). No source on this. Just an educated guess.

Either way, I don't think we see Ben for at least a month. Nothing to be done about these injuries. Reduce'em, let em heal. Return to play when the risk of reinjury is determined to be at baseline and symptoms allow. Ben will probably still need a needle for his next couple starts even 4 weeks out. These suckers hurt big time bad.

Thanks for your insights into injuries as always . . .
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Thanks for your insights into injuries as always . . .

Dancing

Here's to hoping I am wrong with the time frame.

SC + ribs to me = huge risk of reinury until things stabilize and huge amounts of pain with the throwing motion, but Ben is not quite like my average patient so maybe I err on the pessimistic side.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would throw out some of my own professional insights into ligament damage, which is a part of Ben's situation, and tendons and ligaments in general. This may be of use to some of you at some point in your lives wherever you may live.

I am 54, have played a ton of pick up basketball on rough courts over the decades, and go on extensive cross-country expeditions regularly. I have yet to even sprain an ankle after all these years. One important part of my professional training is as a practitioner of Chinese Herbology. Many Americans are relatively unaware of the accumulated wisdom of various Master herbologists, who built upon successive generations of very careful observations, extensive note taking, and a highly systematic system of synthetic inductive logic. I use certain herbs to strengthen my ligaments and tendons and help prevent injuries. In addition, I also have studied qigong and a few martial arts, which have their own insights on tendons and ligaments.

The bottom line in working with athletes over the years is that I have been able to help repair even torn tendons and ligaments in half the time that sports medicine was expecting. There are a few key herbs that have a powerful, synergistic, time-tested healing impact on tendons, ligaments, and even broken bones. Other herbs are of use in radically reducing the inflammation and pain that accompanies such injuries. Many high-level martial artists around the world are quite aware of the power of this ancient knowledge, for they have repeatedly been able to get back into their sparring much quicker. And by the way, a shortage of manganese in the body also predisposes one to more easily injuring tendons and ligaments. Omega 3 fatty acids are also important for avoiding tendonitis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: